This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

It's handegg season

Comments

• edited January 2013
    God, I hope the Patriots don't go to the Super Bowl this year.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • OH MY GOD, MY RAVENS BEAT THE BRONCOS AND I SOMEHOW MANAGED TO NOT HAVE A HEART ATTACK FROM THAT GAME.
  • OH MY GOD, MY RAVENS BEAT THE BRONCOS AND I SOMEHOW MANAGED TO NOT HAVE A HEART ATTACK FROM THAT GAME.
    Now you know the feels of a Giants fan every single game.

• It will be unfortunate when all of your excitement will be crushed when the Pats beat you next week.
  • It will be unfortunate when all of your excitement will be crushed when the Pats beat you next week.
    Too true. But for now, let us enjoy the battle of the ovals. Tomorrow will be the bird battle and the battle of 'merica.
  • I am going to laugh so hard if Houston beats the Patties tomorrow. So hard.
  • Stopped watching battle of the ovals now. It's pretty much done.
  • No Pack no. T_T
  • Early games exciting. Late games boring. Will trend continue?
  • If you go by what happened last time Pats faced the Texans then yes.
  • Other sports commissioners. Are you watching these handegg games? This is why they make more money than you.
  • Other sports commissioners. Are you watching these handegg games? This is why they make more money than you.
    It's not even like Goodell is some commissioning god, he just happens to be driving Ferrari F1 against nascars. Imagine if they had a really good guy running the show.
  • That was one hell of a comeback by Seattle, only to have it crushed. I'm still sad from the game.
  • I watched a bit of the Patriots game last night. Seemed a bit one sided.
  • Nice thread title change there, Scott.
  • Nice thread title change there, Scott.
    I didn't do it.
  • I changed it. Oh wait, I can't, because Scott's a baby about people editing their posts more than half an hour after they were written.
  • I thought the 30 minute thing was a vanilla2 thing and not a Scott thing?
  • edited January 2013
    Sure as hell wasn't me. I know why football is called football, and so I don't have any reason to call it handegg. I normally call it Gridiron anyway, just like I call soccer, rugby, and AFL by their names. Also, no mod or admin privileges, trust me on that, I check my privilege on a regular basis.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • A pretty nifty outsider's view of the foosball.
  • GeoGeo
    edited January 2013
    I thought the 30 minute thing was a vanilla2 thing and not a Scott thing?
    That's quite a claim to make. Do you have any evidence to support it?
    Post edited by Geo on
  • The 30 minute thing was a compromise.
    Ok it looks like it is
    Is there a timer on the edit function now? Is there anyway that this can be removed?
    That's intentional. I definitely want to allow people to edit their posts. I edit almost every post I make for typos and such. However, in the past we have had many cases of users going back and erasing their own posts out of cowardice, spam, or troll reasons. So now there is a time limit.
    Old thread
  • Ok it looks like it is
    Is there a timer on the edit function now? Is there anyway that this can be removed?
    And now you can't edit thread titles, can't whisper posts to yourself to reveal later, update the first post of a thread, delete posts (god forbid!), correct typos more than 30 minutes later, etc.

Scott just changed that setting when he upgraded to vanilla 2, which you may remember from hits like: the forum used to be as wide as your screen. The blockquote link didn't stick extra whitespace into your post. Those are both somewhat up to preference, so I don't care too much. And don't forget everyone's favorite, search is worthless now.
  • Blame the Vanilla guys. They keep updating their hosted version of Vanilla, but won't release a new version of the host-your-own code. Alternatively, pay me a lot of money so we can pay for the hosted version.
  • edited January 2013
    Post edited by Alan on