This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• What's not on the video -
    Uh oh, I accidentally Leo Laporte.

• Because it makes it better.
  • When I first watching the video, I was slightly taken aback because I've never seen Leo like that before, let alone get angry or say "fuck", but when I saw this:

blockquote>Posted By: Kiey

Because it makes it better.

I LOL'ed.
  • On a somewhat related note:
    For Christ's Sake will somebody who can speak Japanese find out who this guy is and get him to release the binaries of whatever code he's cooked up to make this work. AR-Toolkit is so opaque to non-coders its crazy. I dont care about floating shapes or teacups, I just want THAT. A little dancing Hatsune Miku.

• Oh my, this is very nicely done.
  • edited June 2009
    Cutest Miku thing I seen today.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • edited June 2009
    Mega Man 2.5D concept video, complete with an awesome-looking co-op level.

Post edited by Walker on
  • edited June 2009
    This is what you can do with a proportional voting system. Read it and weep (all of you Americans that is).

Edit: This is not an endorsement of the Pirate party, even though Finland just got it's own pirate party, I'll rather vote for people with more than one issue on their mind.
    Post edited by Dr. Timo on
  • Thisis what you can do with a proportional voting system. Read it and weep (all of you Americans that is).

Edit: This is not an endorsement of the Pirate party, even though Finland just got it's own pirate party, I'll rather vote for people with more than one issue on their mind.
    YES! VICTORY!
  • Mega Man 2.5D concept video, complete with an awesome-looking co-op level.
    OMFG I want it now.
  • Adam Savage at San-Fran maker Faire, talking about failure, with a Q&A at the end.

Also, you'll need to turn off your Ad-blocker on that page, FORA doesn't play nice, but it's worth the trouble.
  • Also, you'll need to turn off your Ad-blocker on that page, FORA doesn't play nice, but it's worth the trouble.
    I didn't have to turn Adblock off. You must've gotten a false positive in your personal filters.
  • Also, you'll need to turn off your Ad-blocker on that page, FORA doesn't play nice, but it's worth the trouble.
    I didn't have to turn Adblock off. You must've gotten a false positive in your personal filters.
    Probably, my filters are quite strict.
  • "Destroy us all!" "Destroy us all!" "Destroy us all!" "Destroy us all!"
    That is made of win.
    "Destruir legal!"
    Wow...Just wow....
  • Vintage Hockey Memorabilia (mostly Flyers). Some really cool stuff among it.
  • GeoGeo
    edited June 2009
    Against my better judgement (my thoughts at the time) I watched Belladonna of Sadness (Kanashimi no Belladonna)...and I loved it. It's a masterpiece and the last hurrah for the legendary Mushi Studios. Say what you will at the content as I felt the same way at first, but the art was so breathtaking and so out there that I couldn't help but love it. Also, as a side this is also the film that inspired Ikuhara to go into anime.........that fact alone explains so much.

EDIT: Also, I was fortunate to find it full subbed down to the last mutter on Veoh.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • edited June 2009
    Anthony Browne is the new Children's Laureate. *Head morphs gradually into a kettle*
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited June 2009
    A Dwarf Fortress story, from the comments on a Rock Paper Shotgun article:

When one dwarf got a mad look in his eye, grabbed a sheet of eagle leather and some silver, and emerged from his workshop three months later with the most beautiful quiver the world had ever seen, I knew it belonged on the back of Nil, the settlement’s legendary champion, a master of four weapons, and getting pretty good at swimming to boot. After a few months of fiddling with doors, Nil eventually strapped on the artifact quiver.

Life was good for a while. Goblins delivered more iron goods than we could ever use. We’d struck a thick vein of adamanite. The larders were full, the merchants looted, the goods organized behind locked doors to protect and control any moody dwarves.

Then a miner uncovered a strange room, covered with engravings, filled with smoke, and with moans of the damned. And the demons came. Spirits of fire, they filled the tunnels with burning dwarves.

Nil picked up his crossbow and gathered his squad of champions. He was fearless. His crossbow was a machine-gun in his hands. Demons fell. But Nil was injured, and the wound… smoldered. And smoldered. Nil left a trail of smoke behind him. At first it was his arm. Then his chest. His endurance failed, and after several weeks, Nil collapsed, and burned into carbon, along with all he carried.

All he carried, that is, except for the artifact quiver that was strapped to his back. This was a quiver of the gods– more beautiful than any dwarf could imagine, tougher than the rock we stand on, and as deadly as any demon. The quiver, of course, was on fire, but no dwarf that laid eyes on it could trouble him or herself with wondering why it was perched on a pile of cinders. One by one, each dwarf claimed the flaming quiver, and one by one, each dwarf in the settlement burned.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • What you can do with limited copyright terms:

Pride and prejudice and Zombies
  • Crispy beef is my new favorite dish.
  • Apple put an SD card reader and the 7hr "Adaptive Charging" batteries on the 15-inch MacBook Pro, upgraded the maximum HD size to a 500GB and the maximum CPU to a 3.02Ghz Core 2 Duo. That pretty much seals the deal for me.

Hi, my name's WindUpBird, and I'm a Mac.
  • edited June 2009
    Hi, my name's WindUpBird, and I'm a Mac.
    Welcome to the family!

Here's your membership card, the key to the trendy bathroom and the coordinates for when and where the spaceship will pick us up (bring your own Drano).
    Post edited by Dr. Timo on