This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• Mactards..
  • Hi, my name's WindUpBird, and I'm a Mac.
    Welcome to the family!

Here's your membership card, the key to the trendy bathroom and the coordinates for when and where the spaceship will pick us up (bring your own Drano).
    I feel loved!
  • I feel loved!
    They only love you for your money.

On a more serious note, we're a few posts away from the 4000th public post in this thread. This is post 3995, FYI.
  • Shalom Sesame Review

Thus proving children programming was still better back then...
  • Didn't sleep - downside - but I have a bit of cash, I just had a very pleasant smoke of my Gandalf-pipe, a lovely cup of earl grey, and I'm tweeting back and fourth with Banksy, meeting up with omnutia later in the day, and I have two drop-dead stunning and wonderful women interested in me(Unfortunately back in Australia, but doesn't make it bad) - things are looking good.
  • Crazy Luis Vuitton commercial:
  • edited June 2009
    The Mormon churches Twitter account was hijacked today by hackers for a few hours. During which they linked to various websites critical of Mormonism and the LDS church.

Make of this what you will.
    Post edited by GreyHuge on
  • Although it was kinda weird and ling, I'll have to admit I kinda liked that commercial.
  • There's a place in New York called 27 Dicks...*Snort* *chuckle*
  • edited June 2009
    Post-it animation by SCAD student.
    Post edited by Mankoon on
  • Rebirth of Anime utahimemiko!
    ERYYYYYYYYN!!!! Ritsu's an awesome character, you and Viga have to stop hating on the awesome character, she's awesome. And Tsumugi is flat as a board, kind of like Yui, characterwise. Yui, plain plot prodigy. And there's not much Ui because 'ui' is Dutch for onion. Onions remain in the kitchen. :D
    Posting here because I don't have a favourite breakfast cereal.
  • edited June 2009
    Rebirth of Anime utahimemiko!
    ERYYYYYYYYN!!!! Ritsu's an awesome character, you and Viga have to stop hating on the awesome character, she's awesome. And Tsumugi is flat as a board, kind of like Yui, characterwise. Yui, plain plot prodigy. And there's not much Ui because 'ui' is Dutch for onion. Onions remain in the kitchen. :D
    Posting here because I don't have a favourite breakfast cereal.
    I was reading Random Curiosity and THEY don't like Ritsu either. HAHA! Hail the anti Ritsu brigade!

Also, glad to see you're back, Eryn! I'm going to listen now!

I love the fact that Ui = Onion. I'm going to call her onion for now on.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • I'm partial to Yui and Mio. Ritsu is hilarious, but Tsumugi is just meh.
    Agreed! Mio is too hilarious and Yui is my second of third. Azusa isn't bad either.
  • edited June 2009
    High-five, my Ritsu-hating sister! Death to the hairbanded one! >:D

Seriously, though. I don't hate Ritsu nearly as much as I hate Yui, but she still really gets on my nerves. The loud, hyperkinetic dumb girl is just really not a character type I groove with. For example, like I said in the show, there are lots of people who like Tomo from Azumanga Daioh, but I just don't; all she does is annoy me. XD;; I also just don't go for characters who are unbelievably stupid unless they have some pretty damn good form of charm to fall back on, hence why I loathe Yui but am generally cool with Osaka from Azumanga (Osaka has the general weirdness and interesting observations to fall back on).

As for Tsumugi, yeah, she's not really all there characterization-wise, but at least she has her funny moments (mostly relating to eyebrow jokes and lebianism) and she doesn't actively get on my nerves, so that elevates her above Yui and Ritsu at least. She would be about equal with Mio in terms of likability if Mio didn't have those annoyingly overdone "eeeek, scared!" moments and exploitative moe scenes. Also, I didn't make it too clear in-episode, but Tsumugi is just my favourite out of the band members; Sawako-sensei pretty much beats out all the band members in terms of awesomeness for me.
    And there's not much Ui because 'ui' is Dutch for onion. Onions remain in the kitchen. :D
    *pffffft* brb, dying of laughter. XDDD

Also, to put this back on topic, here's the awesome video of my day:
    Post edited by Eryn on
    Agreed! Mio is too hilarious and Yui is my second of third. Azusa isn't bad either.
    Oh shit! I completely forgot about Azusa. Yeah, she's in top 3 with Yui and Mio.
  • Okay, never mind my video earlier. THIS is my fuckin' thing of the day:

• Osamu Tezuka is my thing of the day
  • Death to the hairbanded one! >:D
  • Death to the hairbanded one! >:D
    NO! NOT HARUHI!!!
  • Honestly? Not always fond of Haruhi either. I don't hate her, since she's not so much dumb as willfully off in her own space, but some things she does still annoy me. Now Kyonko, there's a moe girl I can get into. ;D
  • Honestly? Not always fond of Haruhi either. I don't hate her, since she's not so much dumb as willfully off in her own space, but some things she does still annoy me. Now Kyonko, there's a moe girl I can get into. ;D
    Honesly? No, I liked Haruhi (the show I mean), but never got into the whole fan "thing" around her or the show.
    You just don't like hairbands and personality, instead you go for the tacked on lesbianism and fantasy-OH WAIT. Oh, btw, I suspect that the director of K-ON hates Ritsu too. Stupid tacked on drama.
  • Keywords: not always. Haruhi's definitely got her shining moments of appeal. ;)

Also, I wear hairbands all the time. Crap, I guess that means I hate myself. D:
  • Talking with Gunter. So awesome. Awe SON.