This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• edited June 2009
    This has been my thing of the week or so:Blogger Beware, a nostalgia-based blog that examinesGooseBumpsfrom an adult perspective.
    You've officially ruined my childhood. However, I'll be fine so long as this guy doesn't finish Goosebumps and move on to Animorphs.

Edit: I just realized he did the book for the stage play. I was one of the lucky (at the time) kids who went to that when I was 8.
    Post edited by trogdor9 on
  • However, I'll be fine so long as this guy doesn't finish Goosebumps and move on to Animorphs.
    One can only wish.
  • You Have to Burn the Rope
    Welcome to a year ago.

Sorry, I felt the need to give you a hard time ;)

• This made me smile.
  • edited June 2009

YES!

EDIT: Dammit, you beat me to it.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on

• This made me smile.
    Agreed, I really liked that.
  • I've just received a notification that our section at work is getting a group award. Apparently I'm getting an extra $600 in my paycheck this Friday. Yay!
  • Someone on our street did this. I must meet this person.
  • edited June 2009
    Dunno, could be that they are originally german. Eva is the german equivalent of Eve that's actually where the name comes from, "Adam & Eva".

However, it is much nicer to think this car is driven by Shinji Ikari.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Dunno, could be that they are originally german. Eva is the german equivalent of Eve that's actually where the name comes from, "Adam & Eva".
    Don't ruin the awesome! Anyway, that could be true. With all the embassies and transients it's probable.
  • The Cardboard Tube Samurai in Tekken 6.
    I saw that a while ago. That is pretty awesome.
  • edited June 2009
    How to sell a game 101:

Step one, act like this guy.

Post edited by Coldguy on
  • Finally signed up to the forums after a long time of listening to the podcasts.
    Found the group mega64 on you tube.
    I Learned how to sell a video game.
    Learned I am really young for this site. (14)
    Made my first post on this site. (this exact one)
  • GeoGeo
    edited June 2009
    imageIf you aren't well-versed in or are familiar with Homestar Runner, then you won't get this at all.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • [Video]
    Huh...
    i can haz super-sexy tribes2? Oh, they just mentioned it in the vid!(3:30). Yeah. This looks interesting.
  • If you aren't well-versed in or are familiar with Homestar Runner, then you won't get this at all.
    I was confused for a second. I was like...is he making fun of the fact John is gay? But then I was like, OH YEAH, TEEN GIRL SQUAD!
  • That wins a small prize.
  • That wins a small prize.
  • Will be sent to vegan friend shortly.
  • I love that Ze Frank is making videos again. ♥

• I am posting from the Contemporary Resort right outside of the Magic Kingdom. I can walk out of my door, look down, and see the monorail passing through the lobby. It's awesome.

• Buffy Vs. Edward. Really shows how creepy he is. It's not sexy, this icky-stalking-women business.
    Why is it that pushy, abusive behavior is portrayed as romantic in so many books and movies? In manga too. I don't get it.
  • edited June 2009
    While stalker-ish behavior isn't cool, this video isn't the best to illustrate the point. Buffy's great love Angel was stalker-ish (even when he wasn't Angelus), but he was portrayed as a heroic figure. Also, Edward is no more or less creepy than Bella. I subjected myself to Twilight in both book and movie form. In both it is obvious that both Bella and Edward are obsessed with each other and engage in unhealthy mating rituals.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • I actually haven't seen the movie, but when it was described to me by people, they told me that it was really patriarchal, stalker-y and bleh.
  • edited June 2009
    I actually haven't seen the movie, but when it was described to me by people, they told me that it was really patriarchal, stalker-y and bleh.
    Oh, it is, but Bella is equally as disgusting as Edward. It bothers me that anyone would find either character compelling on any level. From concept to execution the book and movie are just awful.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
    1. From concept to execution the book and movie are just awful.