This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• I really like this shop.
    Aw man...I want to go there!!
  • Why is it that pushy, abusive behavior is portrayed as romantic in so many books and movies? In manga too. I don't get it.
    I don't know. They are both disgusting.
    Viga, my purse will hate you for posting that, but my closet will love you forever.
  • edited June 2009
    I actually haven't seen the movie, but when it was described to me by people, they told me that it was really patriarchal, stalker-y and bleh.
    Oh, it is, but Bella is equally as disgusting as Edward. It bothers me that anyone would find either character compelling on any level. From concept to execution the book and movie are just awful.
    Don't get me started, Ma'am. To limit myself, I'll summarise the entire three books into one sentance - "The creepy and more than slightly fucked up courtship and marriage of Stephanie Myers Mary-Sue and Gary Stu, with Immortal Bishie-sparkle Superheros posing as vampires, and some werewolves, with all the the plot of last week's Watchtower Magazine."
    Post edited by Churba on
  • If you aren't well-versed in or are familiar with Homestar Runner, then you won't get this at all.
    I was confused for a second. I was like...is he making fun of the fact John is gay? But then I was like, OH YEAH, TEEN GIRL SQUAD!
    Wait wait wait...is John really gay? Wow.....umm...this is kinda awkward....
  • I am posting from the Contemporary Resort right outside of the Magic Kingdom. I can walk out of my door, look down, and see the monorail passing through the lobby. It's awesome.
    The state of New York once paid me to go to a conference at that hotel. It was pretty sweet.
  • edited June 2009
    Today has overall been a pretty damn good day.

First, after going over to a friends house, I found out that the school I'm going to next year (which I absolutely love, is a awesome school, with some of my current friends there, and that I've been struggling to get into, until I was accepted earlier this week) can let me make up credits during the year to fix whatever I may be missing from jumping to homeschooling, and I don't even have to finish the summer work. Now that that pressure is off my shoulders, I have Driver's ed next week and get my permit, and after that- relaxation. Everything has fallen into place for me, although money is still really tight.

Also played some awesome L4D tonight.
    Post edited by Loganator456 on
  • I've been away, so the Gremlins Fan Video might have already been posted:

The "making of" video is awesome too, but a different kind of awesome.
    Oh man -- my girlfriend has like 12 feet of closet worth of that kind of stuff acquired over a decade or so of thriftstore haunting that she's been planning on selling on eBay forever.
  • 7 man made substances that tell physics to go fuck itself.
    Funny AND educational, what more could you want?
  • I was going to mention this dinosaur comic, about a scale of temperature between the boiling and freezing points of a 50/50 mixture of champagne and caviar.

BUT! This is more relevant to the discussion at hand.
  • Some quotes from the old Hollywood Squares.
  • edited June 2009
    Volcanic eruption as filmed from orbit.
    Post edited by Dr. Timo on

• New plug design for British electronics.
  • Volcanic eruptionas filmed from orbit.
    Trippy.
  • Volcanic eruptionas filmed from orbit.
    Trippy.
    Astronauts have waaaay to much fun!
  • YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH
    Marry me.
  • This might be the coolest musical instrument I've ever seen/heard.
  • Sand shouldn't do this:
  • edited June 2009
    This might be the coolest musical instrument I've ever seen/heard.
    That was pretty darn nifty. It sounds like something off a music soundtrack. The Hang seems pretty awesome. I can only imagine the strength in your hands to handle all that hitting.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • This might be the coolest musical instrument I've ever seen/heard.
    It's a drum. With dents. People've been denting trashcans to get similar effects. I agree though, that one is nicely crafted, it sounds great.
  • It's a drum. With dents.
    You can make almost any instrument sound lame if you describe it like that.
    edited June 2009
    You can make almost any instrument sound lame if you describe it like that.
    Is that a challenge? Guitar: It's a wooden cubby hole, with a stick and strings. Also, how does it sound lame? It's a drum with dents in it. I'm not going to bother trying to swing a snobby musicians e-cock around. It's a drum with dents, and it sounds fuck awesome.

Snobby musicians are like wine tasters. Full of shit and they know it.
    Post edited by ... on
  • Is that a challenge?
    Pretty much. I just think that kind of thing is funny. Flutes, for instance, are just sticks with holes in them, and all percussion instruments are things you bang on to make funny noises.