This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• "Are ye guys gonna cheer every time I say 'soap'?" "SOAP! *applause*" Dorf Shorts, awesome.
  • Bent Objects Video
    That is a most awesome advertisement. I actually want to go out and buy this book now.
  • edited September 2009
    Obvious stupidity is obvious and, debunked by some girl on the internet.

Also: Having had my monitor burn out. I randomly found a pair of CRTs in the front room.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Obvious stupidity is obvious and, debunked by some girl on the internet.
    I think I'm in love.
  • Live Marine Traffic map

Live map of traffic on Google maps.
  • I am now on Steam! My name is TheRocketHammer. Now I just need something to play...
  • Watching this video is definitely the best thing I did today.
  • Watchingthis videois definitely the best thing I did today.
    If you told me that was from Tim and Eric, I would have believed you.
  • edited September 2009
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Let's be friends.
    That's such a great site. Sucks that it hasn't updated in a couple years.

Atheists have more success at online dating. The reasons why should be apparent, but it's amusing nonetheless.
  • I got a durian smoothie! It smells like gasoline and raw garlic and it is like mango, melon, and onion had a kid.
  • I got a durian smoothie! It smells like gasoline and raw garlic and it is like mango, melon, and onion had a kid.
    A durian smoothie! That sounds very, very yummy!
    You can get durian in the US?
    You can get durian in the US?
    Yeah, some mad bastards decided to grow them down California way, I think.
  • edited September 2009
    My mother gave me one of the oddest desserts I've seen in a while, a Golden Pig Moon Cake:

The ingredients comprise of mung bean, lotus seeds, sugar, vegetable oil, wheat flour, baking powder, soy, and eggs.

It's so cute, I don't know if I want to eat it, but I will anyways. I'll edit this post later to let you know how it is.

EDIT: This cake is quite fucking delicious.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • edited September 2009
    That is adorable. Buuuu~
    When is moon-festival? Everyone is selling cakes in Chinatown lately.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • edited September 2009
  • GeoGeo
    edited September 2009
    Okay this is something Nine introduced to me on the mini-geekchat last night. It's not that I like this, but it's been burned into my mind and it will take a while until the song goes away. It's an opening to one of the Dutch cartoons he watched as a child, called "Boes Boes". I do not understand one thing that the chorus is saying except that the cow's name is "Boes". Damn you Nine, for burning this song into my head.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • It's been raining a bit on campus recently. The College of Computing building is getting hit quite hard...
  • It's been raining a bit on campus recently. The College of Computing building is getting hit quite hard...
    Wouldn't the water be electrified because of this?
  • edited September 2009
    Not really. If they haven't had the sense to shut off the power, the jumpers/fuses will. No re-enacting Half-Life for you.
  • edited September 2009
    No re-enacting Half-Life for you.
    Black Mesa - Technology of tomorrow, Wiring of 1850.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • called "Boes Boes".
    Just "Boes". That's the chorus lyric.
    It's been raining a bit on campus recently. The College of Computing building is getting hit quite hard...
    That's awesome, but how the fuck does that even happen? How old is that building?
  • That cow looks unbelievably like Heifer from Rocko's Modern Life.
  • That's awesome, but how the fuck does that even happen? How old is that building?
    This is how.