This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• That cow looks unbelievably like Heifer from Rocko's Modern Life.
    Ah, but Boes is awesome, unlike Heifer. Just the lyrics of the song will tell you that much.
    This is how.
    Holy fuck is barely enough to communicate my thought.
  • That cow looks unbelievably like Heifer from Rocko's Modern Life.
    Ah, but Boes is awesome, unlike Heifer. Just the lyrics of the song will tell you that much.
    R-E-C-Y-C-L-E RECYCLE! C-O-N-S-E-R-V-E CONSERVE!
  • http://emptees.com/
    My design is the first one in the collection today! That's awesome. I didn't think I'd get much out of submitting to this website.
  • My design is the first one in the collection today! That's awesome. I didn't think I'd get much out of submitting to this website.
    How does that work? Does Emptees actually make shirts, or do they just show them off? Btw, looks like you're winning over on DBH. I signed up and did my part. :)
  • Btw, looks like you're winning over on DBH. I signed up and did my part. :)
    Ahead by a decent amount of votes, I might add. I made sure to forward to my friends, and they really liked it and voted for it as well. ^_^
  • http://emptees.com/
    My design is the first one in the collection today! That's awesome. I didn't think I'd get much out of submitting to this website.
    Very cool artwork.
  • @Ro and Funfetus: YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST! I don't ask people to sign up and vote because signing up to a new website feels like a hassle. I really appreciate it!
    @Funfetus: I just found out about Emptees. I saw other Dbhers talking about it. It's a shirt designer community site. It's purpose is to showcase your tee design to other designers. You can get good feedback and even win a few votes.
    @sK0pe: Thanks!
  • edited September 2009
    I don't ask people to sign up and vote because signing up to a new website feels like a hassle. I really appreciate it!
    Begging for votes is a little cheesy, too. :) But you totally deserve it -- your shirt really is the best of the lot.
    EDIT: This is one of the things that makes me pretty sure I'll never submit a comic to Zuda, or anything else like that. Leaving all the rights issues aside, it really just comes down to who-can-pimp-for-votes-the-best. And that's definitely not me.
    @Funfetus: I just found out about Emptees. I saw other Dbhers talking about it. It's a shirt designer community site. It's purpose is to showcase your tee design to other designers. You can get good feedback and even win a few votes.
    Sounds cool -- I should try to get in on some of this t-shirt designing. :)
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • edited September 2009
    Begging for votes is a little cheesy, too. :) But you totally deserve it -- your shirt really is the best of the lot.
    Exactly. I didn't feel obligated to do so. I looked at the other submissions and preferred yours over the others.
    Sounds cool -- I should try to get in on some of this t-shirt designing. :)
    You should. Having cool geeky type tees is a geek's way of showing the world they are a cool geek without having to say anything. =3 It reminds me of the first year of PAX. Everyone was wearing some sort of awesome t-shirt from Threadless, Woot, and other geeky websites. People were constantly staring at what the other was wearing to see how cool it was. I remember the head of the Enforcers, PRD, announce on the overhead PA that PAX is to known also as the cool geeky shirt convention.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Exactly. I didn't feel obligated to do so. I looked at the other submissions and preferred yours over the others.
    There were a few others I voted for, Ro you didn't like Bam-Boo!
  • Ro you didn't likeBam-Boo!
    The panda wasn't cute enough, however it is a cute concept.
  • Thanks guys ^_^. Funfetus, I really think you should give it a shot. It's a fun activity to have on the side. I'd vote it no matter what. Also, DBH doesn't choose to print things solely on high votes. The votes just help.
  • A lot of people have probably seen this, but my roommate just exposed me to it, and it is the thing of my day. Of course, it hasn't been a very exciting day...
    "Prop 8 - The Musical"
  • That's awesome, but how the fuck does that even happen? How old is that building?
    This is how.
    Wasn't there a drought in your state a while back that inspired your governor to publicly pray for rain?
  • edited September 2009
    Thanks guys ^_^. Funfetus, I really think you should give it a shot. It's a fun activity to have on the side. I'd vote it no matter what. Also, DBH doesn't choose to print things solely on high votes. The votes just help.
    If you don't succeed on DBH, I have one word: Threadless. I will personally upvote it and drive up to the Lincoln Park flagship store to get my hands on a first edition.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I'm committing to buy this one as soon as it's printed.

• I redid a song! It's Fuwa Fuwa Time from K-ON. I made it a tag team duet from two different versions of the song.
  • This has probably been posted, but in case it hasn't I have to. This is one of my favorite game trailers ever.

• Parts of Australia are suffering massive dust storms right now, making it rather like living on the surface of mars, like some eerie indie sci-fi movie.
    As I have said to you and Nine, this is further solidifies my belief that Australia is the most hardcore country in the world.
  • edited September 2009
    like some eerie indie sci-fi movie.
    Until the end of the world (no dust storms, but it does feature the Australian outback)
    Post edited by Dr. Timo on
  • I redid a song! It's Fuwa Fuwa Time from K-ON. I made it a tag team duet from two different versions of the song.
    Oooh, wow, nice work.

My TotD: CubeDudes. There's 6 pages of that, go look.
  • Parts of Australia are suffering massive dust storms right now, making it rather like living on the surface of mars, like some eerie indie sci-fi movie.
    It was crazy, it started in Sydney and Canberra yesterday, I called my friends there and some of them even had masks on inside because the dust was so fine it was coming into buildings.
    Last night there were two piss weak tremors in south east Melbourne.
    Then the dust cloud spread to Brisbane.
    While at the same time in South Australia, there has been torrential rain and flooding a little bit like Georgia in the US.
    It's coming... it's coming... it's coming...
  • Is it going to be in Australia, or is it going to be like a Australia themed section of Disneyland?
  • edited September 2009
    Is it going to be in Australia, or is it going to be like a Australia themed section of Disneyland?
    It's going to be near Sydney, but it would be pretty cool if they added an Australia section to Animal Kingdom. I'm actually surprised that they haven't done so, there's plenty of room at that park for new lands.
    It's going to be Disney's next project after Shanghai Disneyland, which I don't think will be finished until 2012 or so.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • The dust cloud is apparently slated to move over to New Zealand over the next few days.

• Brains? Body? Both.
    I want her so bad right now.
  • Brains? Body? Both.
    I want her so bad right now.
    Most definitely, but maybe you should take a gander at the previous page...