This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

edited October 2009
    EDIT: Old as hell, but relevant, and always funny:
    God dammit I hate you. Now I'll be rewatching that punch for another 5 minutes.

"Afro."
    "HAAAA!"
    *punch*
    *baby seals*
    *repeat*
    Post edited by ... on
  • edited October 2009
    I know all about the infamous choking scene, also I think it's funny you pointing that out considering the fact you have him for an avatar.
    I was referring to the fact that interpretation of the Doctor didn't work out. I actually really like the Sixth Doctor, despite his problems.
    Post edited by Diagoras on

• TV TROOOOOOOPES! What have you done?!
  • At 1:36 of that video I think there is a reference to the Google dropdown suggested search query when you start with "I like to" and it suggests "i like to tape my thumbs to my hands to see what it would be like to be a dinosaur".

It might be a coincidence, but if not, that's a great reference.
  • edited October 2009
    You can edit the post and set it to be whispered to yourself instead.

I guess it's naïve of me, but I have no desire for a "hidden" personal life. It seems like too much effort to lead two separate lives.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • I guess it's naïve of me, but I have no desire for a "hidden" personal life. It seems like too much effort to lead two separate lives.
    What do you mean?
  • I guess it's naïve of me, but I have no desire for a "hidden" personal life. It seems like too much effort to lead two separate lives.
    I guess it's naïve of me, but as long as you hide behind acronyms and nicknames, that's what you're doing, Mr "lackofcheese".
  • I went to the state fair yesterday and got chocolate covered bacon. It was an orgasmic experience.
  • edited October 2009
    One event I know Emily is not going to take part in :-p
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • edited October 2009
    Why not throw your dead grandmother?
    I guess it's naïve of me, but I have no desire for a "hidden" personal life. It seems like too much effort to lead two separate lives.
    I guess it's naïve of me, but as long as you hide behind acronyms and nicknames, that's what you're doing, Mr "lackofcheese".
    A good point, but I don't really go out of my way to achieve this effect - I've just gotten pretty used to the nickname "lackofcheese". Just about everyone here could easily find out who I am with a quick Google.
  • A good point, but I don't really go out of my way to achieve this effect - I've just gotten pretty used to the nickname "lackofcheese". Just about everyone here could easily find out who I am with a quick Google.
    Ditto that - I used to keep mine separate, but I don't bother anymore, really. Hell, my real name is in the ID share section.
  • Hah, I've just realised that due to some self-censorship by certain people my "naïvete" post is rather out of context.
  • edited October 2009
    Hah, I've just realised that due to some self-censorship by certain people my "naïvete" post is rather out of context.
    Honestly, I didn't really see how your post made sense in context. I'm not sure you really grasped what was going on.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited October 2009
    Hmm. Perhaps I meant to post it in the Cosplaying thread?

EDIT: Question mark because I'm not sure myself, not for the purposes of rhetoric.
  • Hmm. Perhaps I meant to post it in the Cosplaying thread?
    Yeah, I think that was it.
  • Obviously the forum software must have put my post in the wrong thread.
    Obviously. Human error has nothing to do with it at all.
    I'm buying a Qur'an.
    Obviously. Human error has nothing to do with it at all.
    Indeed. Since I am both non-human and inerrant, human error cannot possibly be a valid explanation.

• Those are definitely cool. But $2000?
  • edited October 2009
    After installing ePSXe I went looking for more games to play and came across this site which seems to have a treasure trove of obscure PS1 games including an Azumanga Daioh majong game.

Here's the master list of PS1 games, sectioned by letter.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited October 2009
    Those are definitely cool. But $2000?
    Those things have gotta be heavy, too.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Magic Mouse.
    It can't be as bad as the last one, at least.
  • It can't be as bad as the last one, at least.
    Was the Mighty Mouse bad? I've only really used one in the Apple stores and I use a mouse I got for free with my laptop.
  • edited October 2009
    I've also only used one briefly, it looks nice but having to rock the whole top plate to click makes the very idea seem bad.
    Does anyone here use one?
  • Nope! Mighty mouses (mice?) just aren't very easy to use. It's not like a trackpad, which you can get used to over time. You need to be able to properly grip a mouse without being nervous you're going to start clicking things by accident. I use a crappy old usb mouse which is a thousand times easier than the Mighty Mouse. And I like USB mice, not bluetooth, where I've then got to think about batteries and shit.
  • I've also only used one briefly, it looks nice but having to rock the whole top plate to click makes the very idea seem bad.
    Does anyone here use one?
    I've never really had problems whenever I used a Mighty mouse. I only had trouble with side-to-side scrolling, but that's mostly because I am not used to that. Clicking has never been different.
    including an Azumanga Daioh majong game.
    Now I want to see that played. Go make a youtube vid Omnu.

I love gg.
  • edited October 2009
    Don't stop believing (8-Bit Style.), hollllddd on to that feeling!!