This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• Why can Rym be pompous and get away with it, while I cannot? Rym even says he is a jerk and as far as I know, he doesn't get any flak for it. I'm young and I'm somewhat egotistical, what more do you want from me?!!
  • Rym even says he is a jerk and as far as I know, he doesn't get any flak for it.
    Bullshit, we tear into him in just the same way.
  • Why can Rym be pompous and get away with it, while I cannot? Rym even says he is a jerk and as far as I know, he doesn't get any flak for it. I'm young and I'm somewhat egotistical, what more do you want from me?!!
    Well, Rym doesn't really get away with it. We just sort of let it go. It's too much effort to call it out.
  • GeoGeo
    edited October 2009
    Rym even says he is a jerk and as far as I know, he doesn't get any flak for it.
    Bullshit, we tear into him in just the same way.
    I see I am mistaken.
    Why can Rym be pompous and get away with it, while I cannot? Rym even says he is a jerk and as far as I know, he doesn't get any flak for it. I'm young and I'm somewhat egotistical, what more do you want from me?!!
    Well, Rym doesn't really get away with it. We just sort of let it go. It's too much effort to call it out.
    But people here don't seem to have a problem ripping into and teasing me about the same acts.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • edited October 2009
    hugs and self-harm
    So, wait, a mosh pit?
    But without the terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad music! Oh snap.

@Yupa; I give Rym just as much shit as I give you. In fact, most of the FRC gatherings include at least one "heated debate." Don't feel like we don't like you because of it. If we are willing to bother putting forth the effort to respond, then it's usually a good sign. :)
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • I see I am mistaken, but the my previous question still requires an answer.
    We don't want anything from you. Stop worrying about what we want of you, and start worrying about what you want from you, be yourself, instead of letting the expectations of others shape you.
  • hugs and self-harm
    So, wait, a mosh pit?
    But without the terrible, horrible, no-good, very bad music! Oh snap.
    Hey, you liked that one Amon Amarth song!
  • Hey, you liked that one Amon Amarth song!
    Doesn't count. Everyone likes Amon Amarth.
  • I see I am mistaken, but the my previous question still requires an answer.
    We don't want anything from you.
    No birthday gifts then?
    Stop worrying about what we want of you, and start worrying about what you want from you, be yourself, instead of letting the expectations of others shape you
    I'm afraid that's impossible because I was always taught by my old man to worry about what other people think of me...which I know is absolutely wrong now...but the teaching is still ingrained though.
    More than one, actually.

Also, I will not be responsible for what happens if you get me liquored up and play metal...but you may want to get some Gatorade.
  • I'm afraid that's impossible because I was always taught by my old man to worry about what other people think of me...which I know is absolutely wrong now...but the teaching is still ingrained though.
    Sometimes, the path to knowledge lies in forgetting what you already know. *Brandishes old man cane* So get forgetting!
  • Also, I will not be responsible for what happens if you get me liquored up and play metal...but you may want to get some Gatorade.
    It just occurred to me that the people from this forum would be the best group to go see a metal show with...ever.
    More than one, actually.

Also, I will not be responsible for what happens if you get me liquored up and play metal...but you may want to get some Gatorade.
    Good thing we've got that TARDIS. We can install a very large bar.
  • Then make some fucking curtains yourself mister Linux Power User. ~_^
    sudo apt-get install window-treatments
  • Good thing we've got that TARDIS. We can install a very large bar.
    Yes, with my giant capacity for liquor, a large bar will clearly be necessary. Two is such a very large number of drinks.
  • My secret identity is ENZYME MAN
  • Almost forgot! At Knotts' Halloween Haunt tonight, in line for a ride, there was a fight, like 10 feet away from me. Long one, too -- probably lasted a full minute. Man, I haven't seen a street fight in years. Stoked.
  • I am going toHeadless Horseman Hayride and Haunted Housetonight! So stoked.
    That looks like it's going to be awesome, I kind of wish I could go.
    Hopefully it won't catch on fire this year like it did last year...

Anyhow, Dynasty Warriors + Hokuto no Ken. I'm not sayin' it'll be any good, I'm just sayin'.
    Hopefully it won't catch on fire this year like it did last year...
    It didn't catch on fire, there was just a downed power line.
  • 8 bit wedding. I love Offbeat Bride.
  • Almost forgot! AtKnotts' Halloween Haunttonight, in line for a ride, there was a fight, like 10 feet away from me. Long one, too -- probably lasted a full minute. Man, I haven't seen a street fight in years. Stoked.
    How did it happen? I know that every once in a while someone in costume will get punched in the face for surprising the wrong person.
  • Seriously though, I really hope the Eleventh Doctor changes things around and brings a much darker era because I miss a lot of that in Doctor Who and there needs to be a modern Doctor with a dark personality.
    Hopefully it won't backfire like it did with the Sixth Doctor.

You'll see what I mean at 3:08 onwards.
  • This video pretty much sums up everything the BNP are about.
  • Seriously though, I really hope the Eleventh Doctor changes things around and brings a much darker era because I miss a lot of that in Doctor Who and there needs to be a modern Doctor with a dark personality.
    Hopefully it won't backfire like it did with the Sixth Doctor.

You'll see what I mean at 3:08 onwards.
    I know all about the infamous choking scene, also I think it's funny you pointing that out considering the fact you have him for an avatar. But jokes aside, I thought he could have been a fantastic Doctor but he was given scripts that were made of complete shite. With good writing and not so much fan-service, he could have been a great Doctor. I can say that because I've actually met Mr. Baker before. I'm pretty sure I wrote about it on the forums once and I told some people about it on the first Geekchat, so search for that if you want to find my tale.
  • edited October 2009
    How did it happen? I know that every once in a while someone in costume will get punched in the face for surprising the wrong person.
    Nothing like that -- just two groups of teenage dudes. I have no idea what it was about. You're definitely right about performers getting hit, though. Last night I got all curious about the experience of the performers, so I found some message boards and read a bunch of their threads. Getting hit is a big problem, and NOT just from surprised people. Assholes who hit on purpose are apparently a big issue, too.

EDIT: Old as hell, but relevant, and always funny:
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • Wow, how many men did you lose on the expedition to dig that up?
  • Wow, how many men did you lose on the expedition to dig that up?
    Come on, I said it was old!