This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• Here, have a few doses of Schadenfreude.
    I should write a song about that list...
  • edited January 2010
    I should write a song about that list...
    A filk song about the Demon Core would be awesome.

EDIT: Alright, I'm writing it.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Sergey Tuganov, a 28-year-old Russian, bet two women that he could continuously have sex with them both for twelve hours. Several minutes after winning the $4,300 bet, he suffered a heart attack and died.
    I fucking love Russia.
  • Sergey Tuganov, a 28-year-old Russian, bet two women that he could continuously have sex with them both for twelve hours. Several minutes after winning the $4,300 bet, he suffered a heart attack and died.
    I fucking love Russia.
    Russia is terrifying.
    I fucking love Russia.
    Russia is terrifying.
    Pfft, that mot of the event is either easily or very plausibly explainable. It was just a hiking accident, blown out of proportion by conspiracy theorists. The only thing that's a mystery is why a group of experienced skiiers did what they did, which was, assumably, freaked the fuck out and acted foolishly in their panic, when they knew better.
    Skeptoid's take on it.
  • I know. It's still fun to think "Ithaqua" when you see it. Sort of like the Slender Man.
  • Strangely enough, within the past few months I have read about at least three of those incidents (Dyatlov Pass, Demon Core, and the sex bet) all outside of the context of this article. Re: the Dyatlov Pass incident, even if there's a perfectly mundane explanation, that combination of details is so deliciously creepy. "One was missing her tongue."
  • This video made me cry and I don't know why.
  • Strangely enough, within the past few months I have read about at least three of those incidents (Dyatlov Pass, Demon Core, and the sex bet) all outside of the context of this article. Re: the Dyatlov Pass incident, even if there's a perfectly mundane explanation, that combination of details is so deliciouslycreepy. "One was missing her tongue."
    Twilight Zone: Dyatlov Pass.
  • edited January 2010
    Steamboat Mario
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • Twilight Zone: Dyatlov Pass.
    S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Dyatlov Pass
  • My country's finest
    All about this country's finest.I'm pretty sure that is universal.
  • I'm pretty sure that is universal.
    No, belive me, British police hit a brand new level of fucking lunacy. To make up for it, here's some tiny monkeys eating jelly/jello with their tiny little monkey hands.

I would play the hell out of that.
    I would play the hell out of that.
    Hell yes.
  • edited January 2010
    An interview with Devin Townsend

This is my thing of the day because it includes two very excellent quotes; that, and the fact that Devin Townsend is the fucking man.
    If my goal in life was to be more financially secure than what I am, I’d probably choose a different line of work. Ultimately, I don’t want to be accountable for someone saying, “I bought your record and I don’t like it. I spent $15 and I want my money back.” Well, then download it! Really. If you do like it, I’ll be playing. If you don’t like it, don’t bitch to me.
    If I was to be untrue to something that meant so much to you, it would be this parody. I would rather dig ditches than be a parody of the music.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • I now have a place for my bunny to live, he's going to be living with Anrild and her bunny Ozymandias.
  • I might be getting a job tomorrow, if everything works out.
  • If my goal in life was to be more financially secure than what I am, IÂ’d probably choose a different line of work. Ultimately, I donÂ’t want to be accountable for someone saying, “I bought your record and I donÂ’t like it. I spent $15 and I want my money back.” Well, then download it! Really. If you do like it, IÂ’ll be playing. If you donÂ’t like it, donÂ’t bitch to me.
    This is excellent.
  • edited January 2010
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • I now have a place for my bunny to live, he's going to be living with Anrild and her bunny Ozymandias.
    One guard bunny and one possibly homosexual rabbit...interesting combination. In all seriousness though, are they going to be compatible with each other, because they may or may not end up hating each other.
    One guard bunny and one possibly homosexual rabbit...interesting combination. In all seriousness though, are they going to be compatible with each other, because they may or may not end up hating each other.
    My family has had a few rabbits before Ozymandias, and we've already done research into how to introduce slowly and carefully them so hopefully they won't fight and will eventually learn to like each other. I have some concerns, but honestly, I'm pretty hopeful that everything will turn out okay. In any case, we'll find out how the initial impression for both bunnies goes soon.

• Even more Dragon Age, likely just as I get done with the current one. Right around FF13 time, too...Gonna be interesting...
  • Last night, still jetlagged, I watched the 7 part review of The Phantom Menace on my iPhone. I planned to just watch the first episode then get some sleep, but it was a lot better than I expected, or about as good as everyone else said it would be, and watched through to the end.