This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• Does anyone know how to buy things of Pixiv? I really wantthis artbook. Yeah, it's moe Shadow of the Collosus.
    Talk about a balcony with an interesting view.
  • THIS IS AMAZING! Going to roflwaffle.com takes you to Google! That just made my day.

• Man, Australian music is amazing.
  • I've been reading this webcomic since 1998, and it has never failed to entertain me no matter how many times I re-read it. Today, I will reference this strip.
  • edited January 2010

Man, Australian music is amazing.
    ...That was both amazing and trippy as hell. WTF was that?
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on
  • edited January 2010
    "Frontier Psychiatrist" by The Avalanches, a plunderphonics group out of Melbourne. They sample all sorts of stuff into glorious alt-dance/breakbeat sound collages. That music video is so great in that it does visually what they do sonically.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Man, Australian music is amazing.
    Another good band(with wierd videos) is The Grates. The problem is that everyone outside Australia seems to think we stopped making music after ACDC had their day, when nothing could be further from the truth.
  • Another new and excellent drawing from the brilliant mind of Brandon Kramer.
  • edited January 2010
    First trailer released for live action Space Battleship Yamato movie.

(Feel free to embed this, anyone. For some reason the same embed codes that work for other people don't work for me, so at the moment I can't.)
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • First trailer releasedfor live actionSpace Battleship Yamatomovie.

(Feel free to embed this, anyone. For some reason the same embed codes that work for other people don't work for me, so at the moment I can't.)
    Gotdamn...just...just gotdamn.
  • First trailer releasedfor live actionSpace Battleship Yamatomovie.

Gotdamn...just...just gotdamn.
    That was the sex, but there were not enough Matsumoto Dials.
  • A very specific story on the 05/09/06 episode of Penn Radio. I rofled hysterically along with Penn.

• I really want this to be a joke because it's so hilarious, but I don't think it is.
  • This was a hit at the Christmas and New Years parties. It really shouldn't of been as funny as it was.
  • That video is a joke, Li. Go have a look at Edward Current's other videos, he's a funny guy. "Beating the Demon" is definitely my new favourite euphemism for masturbation.
  • That video is a joke, Li. Go have a look at Edward Current's other videos, he's a funny guy. "Beating the Demon" is definitely my new favourite euphemism for masturbation.
    I was gonna say...As the only Christian on this forum, I think I can tell when a guy is not a Christian and is just joking.
  • edited January 2010
    Brian Dunning stayed at my apartment in December. I wasn't there, but he left me his books and DVD:
    http://twitpic.com/wp8ce
    Post edited by Luke Burrage on
  • As the only Christian on this forum
  • As the only Christian on this forum
    Okay...Hmm...Only Conservative Christian Republican type guy, then...
  • Alright, that is definitely true.
  • Only Conservative Christian Republican type guy, then...
    You've said this a few times -- that you're a conservative, that you're a republican -- and every time I think that it doesn't seem to square with a lot of the things you've expressed on the forum -- your apparent support for gays, for instance. What's the deal with that? In what ways are you conservative, or a republican?
  • edited January 2010
    Only Conservative Christian Republican type guy, then...
    You've said this a few times -- that you're a conservative, that you're a republican -- and every time I think that it doesn't seem to square with a lot of the things you've expressed on the forum -- your apparent support for gays, for instance. What's the deal with that? In what ways are you conservative, or a republican?
    I tend to support a more conservative fiscal policy. I agree with the Iraqi war, though that's necessarily conservative, but the two are usually related. My "morals" tend to skew more conservative than most on these forums.
    I could point out a few more, but if I get into enough specifics, we could spark an argument...And that seems unnecessary at this point.

But I won't lie, I do consider myself a bit of a...maverick.
    Post edited by Axel on
  • But I won't lie, I do consider myself a bit of a...maverick.
    ?_?
  • But I won't lie, I do consider myself a bit of a...maverick.
    ?_?
    As you most likely know, green text = sarcasm. I was making a joke.

But in all honesty, as Funfetus pointed out, I do differ from conservatives on a few key issues, namely abortion and gay rights, that are definitely standouts. Although I will also point out that my views on same-sex marriage are still different from the average liberal, and that I don't actively campaign for that right, which is strange, I know. And most likely hypocritical, since I'm not against it but I don't actively support it. It's definitely strange...
  • Only Conservative Christian Republican type guy, then...
    That's not really a great example...There are plenty of conservative republicans that aren't anti-gay. Sexual orientation is one issue in a million, and it's pretty specific. People in both parties swing both ways on it. Plus, since the government has a lot more to do with taxes and services than it does with telling people who they can have sex with, this issue really isn't a huge part of what I consider to determine someone's political orientation. There tends to be a correlation, but your support or disdain for gays doesn't determine your political affiliation. Just sayin'.
  • edited January 2010
    As you most likely know, green text = sarcasm. I was making a joke.
    I know, I just use a LoD whenever Maverick comes up?.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on