This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• David Icke, the leader of the reptilian conspiracy.

Also, one gem from the website,Cancer is a curable fungus.
    Poe's lawstrikes again.
    Actually, I'm pretty sure David Icke believes this shit for real. Penn and Teller had him on Bullshit, if I recall correctly.
  • Yes, David Icke is in fact a fucking nut.
  • but I decided to just wear my mohawk instead of a purple wig. Not only did a bunch of girl like it, but 10 minutes later I got to dance and grind with 3 cool goth chicks. Hung with them most of the night
    My mohawk never did that. :(
  • but I decided to just wear my mohawk instead of a purple wig. Not only did a bunch of girl like it, but 10 minutes later I got to dance and grind with 3 cool goth chicks. Hung with them most of the night
    My mohawk never did that. :(
    Mine either, I guess it more of a girl-girl/girl-boy thing...
  • edited January 2010
    Atrocity
    Why! I guess this is our equivalency to your gangsta' culture. At least ours is both depressing and funny at the same time, yours is only depressing.
    Post edited by MrRoboto on
  • This is actually a Thing of Last Night. I went to the club as usual, but I decided to just wear my mohawk instead of a purple wig. Not only did a bunch of girl like it, but 10 minutes later I got to dance and grind with 3 cool goth chicks. Hung with them most of the night. They like gaming and anime too! Ah~! I like being a chick magnet.
    Haha, I wonder what your boyfriend thinks about this?
  • GeoGeo
    edited January 2010
    This is my 2nd Thing of the day. A lot of you, might have already seen this, but I just found this today and am making the modifications associated with it. Custom iTunes Genre Art
    Post edited by Geo on
  • This is actually a Thing of Last Night. I went to the club as usual, but I decided to just wear my mohawk instead of a purple wig. Not only did a bunch of girl like it, but 10 minutes later I got to dance and grind with 3 cool goth chicks. Hung with them most of the night. They like gaming and anime too! Ah~! I like being a chick magnet.
    Haha, I wonder what your boyfriend thinks about this?
    I told him when I got home. He wishes he was there. :P
  • Saw Steven Wright today in Massachusetts. He was, as always, spectacularly funny.
  • Saw Steven Wright today in Massachusetts. He was, as always, spectacularly funny.
    You are very lucky and I am quite envious of this achievement.
  • edited January 2010
    Yes, David Icke is in fact a fucking nut.
    The point of my bringing up Poe's law was to say that at first glance, without external info, I couldn't tell whether or not the site was a parody.
    Poe's Law points out that it is hard to tell parodies of fundamentalism (or, more generally, any crackpot theory) from the real thing, since they both seem equally insane. Conversely, real fundamentalism can easily be mistaken for a parody of fundamentalism.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • My thing of the day is this little fish fail of the day :(
  • Ink block Pokemon from Bulbasaur to Celebi. Smoochum is really freaking creepy looking.
    It might be a baby. If I remember correctly, some fish carry their spawn in their mouth to protect them.
  • edited January 2010
    Ink block Pokemon from Bulbasaur to Celebi. Smoochum is really freaking creepy looking.
    I think I'm going to rotate those as my wallpapers for a while. So cool.

My thing of the day is Poland. Specifically, the Polish movie poster industry.

50 Incredible Film Posters From Poland
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • That just gave me my first smile of the day :)
  • The cure is strong with that one. ^_^
    edited January 2010
    My thing of the day is this little fish fail of the day :(
    It might be a baby. If I remember correctly, some fish carry their spawn in their mouth to protect them.
    There's also the parasite that eats the tongue of the fish and then becomes the tongue. Though that's not the case in Erwin's picture. Regardless
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • There's also the parasite that eats the tongue of the fish and then becomes the tongue. Though that's not the case in Erwin's picture. Regardless
    That is creepy!
  • Parasites are so awesome.
  • Parasites are so awesome.
    Plasmodium is glorious. It's the James Bond of parasites. Sneaks past your body's defenses, has its way with your cells, and then brings the place down in a spectacular fashion.

I wouldn't want to get it, though.
  • Plasmodium is glorious. It's the James Bond of parasites. Sneaks past your body's defenses, has its way with your cells, and then brings the place down in a spectacular fashion.
    Toxoplasma gondii is so much cooler. It actually fucks with your brain and alters your behavior significantly. Mind-controlling microbes that want to kill you? It's more likely than you think.
  • That is creepy!
    Pfffffffft, all it does is eat your tongue. It's not harmful to the fish. And seriously, how cool would it be for you to stick out your tongue, and then your tongue sticking out its tongue! Amazing! INB4 yo dawg.
    Toxoplasma gondii is so much cooler. It actually fucks with your brain and alters your behavior significantly. Mind-controlling microbes that want to kill you? It's more likely than you think.
    T. gondii infections have the ability to change the behavior of rats and mice, making them drawn to rather than fearful of the scent of cats. This effect is advantageous to the parasite, which will be able to sexually reproduce if its host is eaten by a cat.[11] The infection is highly precise, as it does not affect a rat's other fears such as the fear of open spaces or of unfamiliar smelling food.
    Oh god, it indeed is so much cooler.
  • edited January 2010
    Toxoplasma gondiiis so much cooler. It actually fucks with your brain and alters your behavior significantly. Mind-controlling microbes that want to kill you? It's more likely than you think.
    Damn, I love me some T. gondii. Have you ever read Parasite Rex by Carl Zimmer? That book is awesome.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on