This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• Not enough me.
    He's right, I Use Nineless foil all the time, It's fantastic.
  • How do you make a universe without first preheating the oven? :p
    How do you have an oven without a universe? Fuck it, I'm just going to Buy a pie.
    Would you first have to buy the universe?
  • How do you make a universe without first preheating the oven? :p
    How do you have an oven without a universe? Fuck it, I'm just going to Buy a pie.
    First you would have to raise yourself from the dead and then you would have to create the universe.
  • First you would have to raise yourself from the dead
    Ouch! Too soon.
  • edited January 2010
    Nah, I just rent, I don't have the capital to buy in this economy.

Edit - Also, Japanese monks - Now serving up Booze and hip hop to bring in followers, updating their religion to fit better with the modern world.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited January 2010
    Squirrel style Kung-Fu, with tits!
    Post edited by Dr. Timo on
  • unholy spider video
    There is no god. Also further proof that Australia is where nature spewed it's most horrible creatures.
  • unholy spider video
    There is no god. Also further proof that Australia is where nature spewed it's most horrible creatures.
    Good thing we made Australians out of equal parts Fremen and Sardaukar.
  • Aw, poor tiny mammal getting its butt whooped.
    Aw, c'mon, the guy trying to catch the spider wasn't THAT small. ;)
    Aw, c'mon, the guy trying to catch the spider wasn't THAT small. ;)
    Compared to an elephant? :P
    Awesome pic though. Also notice the usage of the tail for leverage.
  • Awesome pic though. Also notice the usage of the tail for leverage.
    I can't stop staring at it. I wonder how that picture came to be. I'm sure there is an interesting story behind it.
    Awesome pic though. Also notice the usage of the tail for leverage.
    No question. I just wish I could speak rodent and tell them to play nice.
  • There is no god. Also further proof that Australia is where nature spewed it's most horrible creatures.
    It's just a huntsman, you big wuss. They're not even that poisonous.
  • There is no god. Also further proof that Australia is where nature spewed it's most horrible creatures.
    It's just a huntsman, you big wuss. They're not even that poisonous.
    Poison schmoison. Take a good look at fangs sticking out of of the unholy maw of that demon spawn and you tell me getting gnawed on wouldn't hurt like a motherfucker.
  • Anyone want an 05 SAAB 9-5 for about $9K?
  • Anyone want an05 SAAB 9-5for about $9K?
    Do you know the seller?
  • edited January 2010
    Poison schmoison. Take a good look at fangs sticking out of of the unholy maw of that demon spawn and you tell me getting gnawed on wouldn't hurt like a motherfucker.
    Well, it frankly doesn't - get Kate to pinch you hard with her nails, it's only roughly that bad, though it lasts a little bit longer. And Compared to this psychotic poisonous hell-beast, they're positively cuddly.

Seriously, at least a huntsman will run away, rather than chase you and do it's fucking damnedest to horribly and painfully murder you to death.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Waddums, I do not want to hurt you, but Churba said that I must... *la sigh*
  • Do you know the seller?
    No, a friend found it on craigslist. I'm not advocating this as a good plan, there could be untold amounts of BS. Also, upkeep on a SAAB can be $$$.

But it goes to show you, if you have the cash in this economy you can get some killer deals.
  • edited January 2010
    Do you know the seller?
    No, a friend found it on craigslist. I'm not advocating this as a good plan, there could be untold amounts of BS. Also, upkeep on a SAAB can be $$$.

But it goes to show you, if you have the cash in this economy you can get some killer deals.
    Yeah, I aksed if you knew the seller in order to find out if the possible BS could be mitigated. I am not looking to buy out of state from a random craigslist posting. I am actually car hunting this weekend with Adam.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • Seriously, at least a huntsman will run away, rather thanchase you and do it's fucking damnedest to horribly and painfully murder you to death.
    Man, the Funnelweb is a marvel of evolution. Jaws that snap bone, actively necrotic venom, swarm behavior...Nothing prettier than something that has evolved into a perfect killing machine. Also, when they swarm, they tend to fall in pools. Unlike other spiders, who drown almost instantly, the funnelwebs buoy up and can survive for three days in this sort of half-alive state. But the moment you try to remove them, they wake up, and you're already dead. I'd be terrified if I was near them, but man, they're beautiful from afar.

I feel the same way about this little guy. So cute! So unbelievably deadly!
  • edited January 2010
    If you want to talk dangerous, one sting from this tiny, almost invisible jellyfish will throw your whole body into absolutely unfathomable pain and suffering for days, if you even survive.

Seriously, fuck ever going to Australia.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited January 2010
    Seriously, fuck ever going to Australia.

I belive there is a famous poem about our land that goes
    "I love a sunburnt country,
    Of droughts and ARRRRAGH THE FUCK IS THAT OH GOD IT BIT ME"

Double edit - also, this
    A sick feeling of repugnance and apprehension grows in me as I near Australia.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Seriously, fuck ever going to Australia.
    Are you kidding? That's why I'm going to Australia. And I'm probably majoring in marine bio, so I'll get to chill with all those horrific beasts.
    edited January 2010
    It is also known that because of their large fangs, the victim has to pull the spider from the area of insertion (eg: Finger). They will not detach if you shake that area.
    *cries* Stop making me not want to backpack through Australia!
    Waddums, I do not want to hurt you, but Churba said that I must... *la sigh*
    4 minutes, you're eager.

EDIT: At least the Aussies still have this critter to cheer me up and laugh with me. :(
    Post edited by ... on
  • *cries* Stop making me not want to backpack through Australia!
    That reminds me, have you ever seen this sweet road trip movie called "Wolf Creek"?
  • That reminds me, have you ever seen this sweet road trip movie called "Wolf Creek"?
    I lol'd.
  • Right after I get homesick thanks to all this, I start looking at some obscure australian history, and discover that this was a Finalist to be our national Anthem. Can you imagine us singing this at the olympics - particularly the second verse?

(To the tune of Onward christian Soldier)
    Fellers of Australier,
    Blokes an' coves an' coots,
    Shift yer bloody carcases,
    Move yer bloody boots.
    Gird yer bloody loins up,
    Get yer bloody gun,
    Set the bloody ener-my
    An' watch the blighters run.

Get a bloody move on,
    Have some bloody sense.
    Learn the bloody art of
    Self de-bloody-fence.