This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• edited July 2008
    @Sail: are any pages full color?
    Yeah, the first 20 or so pages. Here's what they're like:

Post edited by Sail on
  • edited July 2008

Portal-Still Alive in Mario paint
    Post edited by Necro on
  • image <== The button you were looking for.
  • edited July 2008

"We gotta punch new holes into the Bible Belt" - NoFX
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • edited July 2008
    Still Alive in Japanese, sung by Hatsune Miku.

English subs in the comments on Nicovideo.
    Post edited by Anastius on
  • Too keep up with the Still Alive trend why the hell is it so popular?
  • Nerds in 4chan, SCRAMBLE!
    Why the heck do I bump into this today? At least it follows the Still Alive trend...

Either way, all praise ceiling cat:
  • edited July 2008
    I got one of those mystery figurines and I thought it would be lame. Such was not the case, as my friend and I were laughing hysterically while assembling this, slowly realizing what it was. These pictures seriously do not do t justice.

Why yes, he is kicking straight through the other guy's head. And yes, that thing on his foot is the brain.

Can anyone guess the show?
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Can anyone guess the show?
    No, but I do know that you shouldn't be laughing when taking pictures.
  • The first one that comes to mind is of course Fist of the North Star.
  • edited July 2008
    Fist of the North Star.
    I do know that you shouldn't be laughing when taking pictures.
    Both correct.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • The DeLorean is one of the ugliest cars ever made.
    I thought the DeLorean was awesome.
  • De Loreans aren't even close to as ugly as for example a first generation Fiat Multipla is:
    Hardly. Sure it's not the prettiest car in existence, but the stainless steel shell makes up for it by several miles. And darn you chaosof99, I hate that fat-roll car, most horrendous sight on the road I can think of atm.
  • Something I have already realized but took me a while to do so. Pretty much anyone making any kind of media should learn this as soon as possible.
  • Ah, what the hell. I made this today for self entertainment after seeing the pop culture DnD alignment charts floating around the internet and watching too much Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and thought they would match up pretty well:

And by a weird coincidence, ANN reported today that there will be more animation for the series. There will be special edition releases for Volumes 15 and 16 of the manga which include DVDs and the material will have the same staff and cast as the TV series. Depending of runlength it could also be a somewhat decent offer as the package will cost 3,470 yen including one volume of the manga (cost 420 yen) which leaves 3,050 for a DVD. Normal anime DVDs which only contain two episodes cost about 5,000 yen and more (although SZS has been released in volumes containing 3 episodes for 7,000 yen).
  • (OADs)
    Oh god more acronyms. OVA, OAV, MAD, OAD, ODA? Yoda! Also, fun chart. I should watch SZS and ZSZS.
  • Wait, Japan pays £35 for three episodes?
    Seriously... thats $65 (in USD). I wouldn't pay that for an entire series. 3 episodes should cost less than $5.
    Yes, they do. Anime DVDs are pretty much highway robbery in Japan and the japanese companies unreasonably expect the same out of foreign markets which drives licensing costs high and is a big factor why anime is this expensive compared to DVDs of american TV series.
  • edited July 2008
    I met Robert Schneider, from the Apples in Stereo, at Busch Gardens yesterday. It was raining, so we were pretty wet.

Post edited by whatever on
  • Japan only video game + President of the US + Mechs =
  • I met Robert Schneider
    My jealousy level is over 9000.
  • How to promote your product, make a silly video of it.
  • How to promote your product, make asilly videoof it.
    So it's a fancy high-end bean bag chair?