This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• This is a video I made playing Sahrani Life: Reloaded, an RPG mod for the game ArmA. Basically there are two sides, Civs and Cops. The cops in enforce the laws while the Civs more often then not break them. I founded my own bounty hunting company as a civ and captured a couple of civs trying to smuggle suicide and remote bombs into one of the cities. This game beats the shit out of WoW when it comes to RP :P
  • "Western Spaghetti" by PES
  • The new UK coins. They're so gorgeous.
  • I think I broke a blood vessel in my BRAIN because of this:
  • Wow, that was absolutely amazing.
    Where did you find this? I want to read any replies to this wonderful informative post.
    Where did you find this? I want to read any replies to this wonderful informative post.
    From a friend.
  • Wow. Even better is his footer.
  • edited July 2008
    Well, if you want to get picky, the legend of Son Goku, or "Journey to the West" is classical Chinese literature and existed long before Lord of the Rings. Toriyama's Dragonball owes a lot less to western fantasy than it does to Buddhist stories. Lord of the Rings basically took a lot of Celtic lore, created a meticulous setting around it, and then applied the structure of an epic hero's journey, which has existed as long as storytelling itself. Ulysses is the true father of these quest tales, whereas Lord of the Rings has mostly just influenced the details of modern "D and D" style fantasy universes. But holy cow, yeah, the kid is dumb.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • edited July 2008
    This should be up for a facepalm award.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Successful troll is successful.
  • edited July 2008
    Posting this from iPhone. If that isn't thing of the day, what is?
    Post edited by Rym on
  • Posting this from iPhone. If that isn't thing of the day, what is?
    That is a very good thing of the day. And I was going to post something but you have yet again trumped me. :(
  • Not my thing of the day but related to an above post.
  • edited July 2008
    (Viga's face is in a shocked state)

OH MY FUCKING GOD SLAP THAT BITCH!!!!

I literally yelled that in my room. I'm sorry but we need a facepalm award in the forum. To the photoshop!
    Post edited by Viga on
  • Man, this copypasta is so stale...
  • Actually a pretty funny quiz, once in a while:
    What file extension are you?
  • edited July 2008
    I always knew linux was holy.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited July 2008
    Skeletal Lamping.
    I missed their show last year, and I must not allow history to repeat itself!

This, along with the next Electric Six album, makes me excited for October. The track listing promises a "Gay Bar Part Two".
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited July 2008
    Linux knows what to do.jpg
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited July 2008
    Oh shit it's Dr. Tran!
    Post edited by Ratchet on
  • Welcome to the internets circa 2003, Ratchet. Hope you enjoy your stay. :)
  • edited July 2008
    Welcome to the internets circa 2003, Ratchet. Hope you enjoy your stay. :)
    lol Hey sue me I just discovered this. Besides 2003 had some good stuff. That, and I could still find Skrillz.net.
    Post edited by Ratchet on
  • Welcome to the internets circa 2003, Ratchet. Hope you enjoy your stay. :)
    lol Hey sue me I just discovered this.
    And in that half decade I still haven't figured out why people like Dr. Tran.
  • And in that half decade I still haven't figured out why people like Dr. Tran.
    I can't help it if you can't see the brilliance of hickory-smoked horse buttholes. ;)