This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• edited May 2011

Too bad that now we don't have anyone with even close that awesome mustache .
    Post edited by Apsup on
  • I'm definitely gonna make this pretty soon.
  • I seriously wonder why animals do that, play with each other like that. What a wierd little quirk of evolution; you'd figure creatures who aren't predator and prey or in a symbiotic relationship would have no reason to interact with each other.

Also by god is that ever adorable.
  • It looks like they're trained to play together. That owl isn't wild - it has a falconer's jesses on it. Presumably the cat is trained to jump up at the jesses as the owl flies past.

That said, it's meeeega cute.
  • It looks like they're trained to play together. That owl isn't wild - it has a falconer's jesses on it. Presumably the cat is trained to jump up at the jesses as the owl flies past.

That said, it's meeeega cute.
    Or the cat and owl grew up together. They look vaguely affectionate, even when the cat isn't jumping for the jesses.

But yeah, this is definitely the result of those two specific animals becoming accustomed to each other. A Masked Owl like that could probably kill a cat pretty easily.
  • edited May 2011
    A very small reason why my employer is amazing (aside from the peanut pay)... "CONGRATULATIONS! You have been selected to win a free PC from Blizzard IT! Each winner will receive a PC comparable to the following specifications: CPU - 2.2GHz Intel/Amd, RAM - 2GB, Video - 7800GT; monitor, keyboard, mouse & hard drive will not be included. Please pick up your PC from the IT Hardware Depot in the Shipping/Receiving area in Building 3."

It's not a beast of burden or anything but I do believe I have the media PC I've been craving, minus hard drives of course.
    Post edited by Dromaro on
  • More here. I wish I saw these before the semester ended. I want to cover the bathrooms.
    At first glance I thought this was a scale model, which made me double check where I was, resulting in a ground shattering thumb as my jaw hit the floor.
  • New Explosions In The Sky came out last month. It's quite a change from their normal stuff and feels a bit more noisy than something like The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place but I feel it will grow on me.
  • edited May 2011
    Got off work early and saw this on the way home Friday after we had a little rain.

Post edited by Alan on
  • So Terraria just came out on Steam today. Functionally, it's like 2D Minecraft. It's only $10, so buying it won't hit your wallet that hard.
  • So Terraria just came out on Steam today. Functionally, it's like 2D Minecraft. It's only $10, so buying it won't hit your wallet that hard.
    This is literally 2d minecraft. I mean, even the textures look similar.
    Not spending $10 to buy a ripoff that is actually lacking a whole dimension.
    Can this be anything but completely bad? Can I do anything but go see it anyway?
  • Discasting is at it again

• Congrats to Coldguy for getting the 14000th post.
  • I'm quite looking forward to Tintin.
  • Congrats to Coldguy for getting the 14000th post.
    Sweet! Also an API to make you watch tv better.
  • Sweet! Also an API to make you watch tv better.
    I guess I'm one of the few remaining people who only does one thing at a time.
  • edited May 2011
    Congrats to Coldguy for getting the 14000th post.
    Man, you have predictive vision, seeing as the 14000th post is 2 posts AFTER yours.
    Joe Boomer:
    You whore.
    Kaptain K:
    No, I'm a man.
    Kaptain K:
    Women are whores.
    Kaptain K:
    Men aren't emotionally stilted like women, we can have several boyfriends without being whores.
    Kaptain K:
    Also, being of mixed genetics, I'm naturally sexier and attract more men.
    Post edited by Zack Patate on
  • Are you sure that was really Kaptain K and not some A.I.?
  • Are you sure that was really Kaptain K and not some A.I.?
    It was a real human being. It also was not me.
  • edited May 2011
    Yo dawg, we hear you liked Linux and virtual machines so we wrote a virtual machine for the Java Virtual Machine so you can run Linux while you run Linux.
    (stolen from a dude on reddit who stole it from a dude on slashdot)
    http://bellard.org/jslinux/
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • What has science created?!