This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• I fuckin love dubstep
  • "How To Dance to Dubstep" is one of my favorite memes.

• Hah. Actually spent the night before my stochastic exam watching The Return of the King. Got an A on that one :)
  • edited May 2011
    A clip of Douglas adams describing a conversation with an Australian Venom expert, who pretty much hates everything do with venom, animals, people, pretty much everything but hydroponics and little cakes.

"I can't stand all these venomous things, people getting bitten all the time, asking me what to do about it. Don't get bitten in the first place. That's the answer. I've had enough of telling people all the time. "
    (What do I do if I get bitten by a deadly creature?)
    "Well, what do you think you do? You die, of course. That's what "deadly" means."

This guy is just hilarious in how much he just literally does not give a fuck about anything but Hydroponics and little cakes(Some of which he keeps in the venom fridge) - Even when outright asked if there is anything he does like he says "Yes. Hydroponics." - coupled with how utterly deadpan he is about pretty much everything.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited May 2011
    When did Churba meet Douglas Adams?

Seriously though, I love the way that guy goes on.

In RE: Dubstep Dancing

I had no idea I already knew how to dance to dubstep.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Rym or Scott pretty much had the same thing as a Thing of the day a couple of weeks ago.
  • edited May 2011
    HOW DO YOU LIKE TOHOU NOW?!
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited May 2011
    Recognizing what is really important, Joplin comic shop asks for donations to hand out to kids.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • HOW DO YOU LIKE TOHOU NOW?!
    Not enough icicle fall.
  • I'm not sure I believe this story, but it claims that almost everything we know about the bible is wrong because it's all been horribly mistranslated. That's not the part that has me hesitating to believe the article's claims. What gave me pause was this:
    Research Head Christopher Tyreman states that what they have found, proves without a doubt, that the Bible has been grossly mistranslated and that their findings expose this fact with glaring simplicity. He further stated that he finds it interesting that a group of lay researchers were able to see and assemble what they call "Self Defining Hebrew or the SDH System" while experts seemed unaware of its existence.

The team also wished people to understand that this is not a bible code, but the system the original language was built on.

Its construct shows it to be a manufactured system of massive complexity, using only twenty two words, which when mixed, can supply a complete language.

Mr. Tyreman also added that the form of this language shows it could not have evolved from surrounding cultures as it is incapable of importing words from outside language. This alone points to an origination outside of the scope of the presently held theories of language development. These findings could have a major impact on how Science and religion look at our beginnings.
    I dunno. Something smells fishy with this article.
  • I fucking love Oatmeal.
  • edited May 2011
    I believe that eps of Arrested Development's running gag is probably the best of all of them.

//Oh god that comic is pretty damn funny.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • @Rochelle They got child actors who really look like the adult cast members. Kid G.O.B. looks exactly like a younger Will Arnett.

In other news, here's a tumbr of people taking Onion articles seriously.
  • @Rochelle They got child actors who really look like the adult cast members. Kid G.O.B. looks exactly like a younger Will Arnett.
    That's all kinds of awesome.

This awesome steampunk themed designer/sculptor makes some really high quality pieces of work. Check his gallery here
  • I <3 that people find Nyan cat related things for me. I really do.
  • All numbers are interesting. Here are some examples.
  • I <3 that people find Nyan cat related things for me. I really do.</p>
    Have you seen the Sprint Nexus S commercial yet? Nyan cat is in it.
  • Another one for Ro:
  • Have you seen the Sprint Nexus S commercial yet? Nyan cat is in it.

for the lazy
  • That video is amazing.
  • BICYCLE, MEET ANIMATED ROCKET PROPELLED GRENADE!

BOOOOOOOM!

• edited May 2011
    BICYCLE, MEET ANIMATED ROCKET PROPELLED GRENADE!

I'm white-texting this, so anyone who hasn't watched the video yet doesn't get it spoiled:
    I love how it has multiple "reveals" -- at first, you're like "Oh, it's kids playing army -- cute." Then the animated gunfire and explosions start, and you're like "Oh, awesome, they animated 'kids playing army' -- those kids sure are having fun!" And then the blood. And the headshots. And the drug lab. And you're like "OHHHhhhh...it's kids playing warring drug gangs, with home invasion executions and everything. This is heavier than I thought it was gonna be. Must be some kind of commentary on violence in the media."
    Post edited by Funfetus on