This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• Coworker who was at SDCC showed this to me. It looks fairly entertaining but I'm afraid it's meant to fail since Summer Glau is in it. =/
    Pretty sure Danny Pudi more than makes up for it.
  • This happened at work today: Yuko drew Conrad as a seahorse.
  • So, you all may have seen this, but some guys at MIT went and decked out their living quarters in their new Room Setup. I think this would be epic to set up.
    Also, today's Woot Shirt is pretty awesome.
  • The latest novel of the Dresden Files was released today.
  • Also, today's Woot Shirt is pretty awesome.
    Snagged.
  • Harry Potter, recut into a Teen Comedy.
  • Harry Potter, recut into a Teen Comedy.
    See, I would watch that because at least I'd get a laugh out of it.
  • edited July 2011
    See, I would watch that because at least I'd get a laugh out of it.
    Ditto that - I would really, really want to see that movie, even though I'm pretty lukewarm on the actual movies.

Also, when it comes to the Census, the Australian Government is really, really switched on compared to 2006, the last time we had a census.
    This August the #AusCensus can be completed online using eCensus on a PC, Mac or iPad. You can do it on a range of browsers or on Linux.
    They also have a site that explains the results of the last census in really cool ways - for example, the amount of ingredients needed to bake a birthday cake for everyone your age.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited July 2011
    Zelda in the 80s
    JESUS THAT WHISTLING IS WORSE THAN MINE! Though props for parodying The Breakfast Club's trailer into a Legend of Zelda trailer. There's... some continuity problems though, for one, there was no Twilight Princess in 1987.
    Harry Potter, recut into a Teen Comedy.
    Is it wrong that I'm now interested in watching the newer Potter movies?

Post edited by Not nine on
  • Pretty sure Danny Pudi more than makes up for it

It wasn't meant as a slight toward Summer. She makes pretty good choices as far as roles, it just seems that is is cursed at times.
  • Pretty sure Danny Pudi more than makes up for it

It wasn't meant as a slight toward Summer. She makes pretty good choices as far as roles, it just seems that is is cursed at times.
    Uh...The Cape? I wanna have hope for the movies because it hits so many tropes I enjoy and I love most of the actors (Especially Danny Pudi and Steve Zahn) But at the same time, geeky fanboy movies are really half and half over being spectacular or spectacular failures.
  • Two British guys explore Walmart:
  • I thought I regnoised him, he is the guy who read Twilight isn't he?
  • I thought I regnoised him, he is the guy who read Twilight isn't he?
    Yup. Someone sent me a link to say it reminded them of my book review podcasts, the ones where I rant a lot. Just because we're both british and like reading...
  • Good for this about time science started winning out.
  • When did Bush get Photon Torpedos?
  • I have to give credit to the Gregory Brothers for this tune, it's fantastic. Already listened to it 10 times.

• edited July 2011
    If you have not been following the epic Mano y Mano in el Bano battle between the Old Spice Guy and Fabio, what the hell is wrong with you? You've missed such gems as the Customary Gift Exchange and FUTURE TENNIS.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • this tune, it's fantastic
    That's strangely uplifting. I suppose god will pass the thanks for the Toyotas along to Amaterasu.
  • CHAMPLOO is on NETFLIX STREAMING!!!!! SQUEE!
  • It is only further established, I'm an enormous child.
  • Only cool if you've seen both "Castle" and "Firefly".
  • Is that Molly C. Quinn?
  • Is that Molly C. Quinn?
    Dress up as Mal.

That is so great. There have been a lot of redheads in many of the shows I've been watching.
  • There have been a lot of redheads in many of the shows I've been watching.
    I am obviously watching the wrong kinds of shows.