This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

That's and in-game screencap of Love, a procedurally generated MMOG being developed by a single, very ambitious Swede. The concepts he's got for the game are very interesting, and definitely not part of your average MMO conventions. Considering the scope of the game I'm dubious as to whether or not it'll actually come out, but it should be pretty awesome if it does. His development blog is also a very interesting read, as it contains lots of well-written musings on his development philosophy.
  • That's and in-game screencap of Love, a procedurally generated MMOG being developed by a single, very ambitious Swede. The concepts he's got for the game are very interesting, and definitely not part of your average MMO conventions. Considering the scope of the game I'm dubious as to whether or not it'll actually come out, but it should be pretty awesome if it does. His development blog is also a very interesting read, as it contains lots of well-written musings on his development philosophy.
    Holy crap is that awesome. While his English grammar and spelling are very fluctuating at times, his programming skills are surely amazing.
    Not too long i heard someone say: "With the power of the PS3 and the 360 we can do amazing new stuff like destructible environments" Didn't Super Mario bros have destructible environments?
  • People make and buy some stupid things.
  • Viga, you should check out the actual Flash version of the Troubled Windows opening, if you haven't seen it already. A lot of the images change every time you replay it, and there are a ton of clickables that make even more images pop up.

http://dagobah.biz/flash/troubled_windows.swf
  • edited July 2008
    The Most Awesome thing of the week (according to SpoonyOne)

Post edited by Coldguy on
  • I had to program a whole lot which also gave me the opportunity to catch up with my podcast backlog. Sorry, Viga, but your podcast was in the backlog :/
    Anyways, Viga mentioned this thing and I found it hilarious.

This made me laugh so hard.
  • edited July 2008
    Saw this a long time ago, and was just linked to it again on YouTube tonight. A very well-done Utenaization of the Azumanga Daioh opening. :3

Edit: Also, one of my favourite Utena AMVs of yore, "Peace And Love Inc." made by Kestrel of Sempai.Org. Warning! Very low video quality! But trust me, the editing and the choice of song are GREAT. :3

Post edited by Eryn on
  • Season 1 of Tiny Toon Adventures and Freakazoid are now available on DVD. I love those shows.

The Eegra webcomic has become something of a guilty pleasure for me.
  • his English grammar and spelling are very fluctuating at times
  • My thing of the day is a consumer good: The Slayers D20 sourcebook
  • "Don't Talk to the Police" by Professor James Duane
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4097602514885833865
  • "Don't Talk to the Police" by Professor James Duane>
    I'm sure Sting would be very hurt.
  • Oh mans, new Disney cel-animated film (this blows my older Thing of the Day out of the water):
  • edited August 2008
    You found it indeed.
    Post edited by Coldguy on

• Old, I know.
  • I don't know how many of you are familiar with www.tigsource.com, but for those who don't know it's a website that updates every day with news on the Independent gaming scene. Not only that, but every once in a while they hold indie game making competitions on their forums, and they usually produce some really fun and interesting games. Most recently, they've started a Bootleg Demake Competition. Considering the quality of past competitions, I cannot wait to see what people come up with this time.
  • This song. It's my favorite song from the whole movie.
  • Check out this awesomeparking lot.
    That is really cool
  • I'm not usually a fan of this group but something about the lead singer's outfits in this video that has me strangely attracted to her.

• Funniest thing I've seen in a long while, also makes me hope for a reboot of Ranma 1/2 or Urusei Yatsura.