This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• edited November 2011
    Thing of my day: Seeing how my all-time fave manga/anime series has affected reality.

There is a JAPANESE KID in FC Barcelona now!
    Post edited by AndouReiya on
  • edited November 2011
    Who thought that rapping and flowing like a boss and making pancakes at the same time would be a skill to master? Well this guy sure achieved that.

Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Now I'm picking up a habit from Rym and Scott, but here's a college humor video of a Flashmob done right.
    What are all those people gathered around for in the first place?
  • Now I'm picking up a habit from Rym and Scott, but here's a college humor video of a Flashmob done right.
    What are all those people gathered around for in the first place?
    I think 'cause of the one guy at the beginning of the video. Might've been one of your standard urban area breakdance shows.

• Who thought that rapping and flowing like a boss and making pancakes at the same time would be a skill to master? Well this guy sure achieved that.
    That's Mac Lethal. He's pretty fucking awesome; if you like that, check out his albums on Spotify. Also, his fast raps usually have a few canned phrases that he reuses due to their ability to flow smoothly; this one didn't use many (any?) of them, and the nod to Chuck Testa was nice.

• Mac Lethal is the fuckin' man.
  • So, Yes, it is a Rugby thing.
    No, It's not, that's just why it's famous internationally. Many of the NZ national sports teams do the same thing, from the grass hockey to the basketball. And haka have been performed since before rugby was invented. It's like saying grass is a rugby thing, because that's what they play on.
    Sorry, forgot to green-text.

• Mac Lethal is the fuckin' man.
    Nope just Chuck Testa.
  • Lulziest.

(Actually, it suggests PBR for things that are barely hipster. I'm a little disappointed, really.)
    I'm actually 100% disappointed with that site, because it told me to drink PBR while listening to Logan Whitehurst.
  • WARNING: Awesomeness of video correlates inversely with quality of subtitles.
  • Get that kid to the opera house!
  • edited November 2011
    I think 'cause of the one guy at the beginning of the video. Might've been one of your standard urban area breakdance shows.
    Yeah, something like that. It's not uncommon for a large-area busker to get a crowd like that, you get a lot of them down here - Y'know, the kind that sits up on a tall unicycle juggling, or a small band, or dancers, or a guy making a big spray-picture.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Can't someone just hand them some poison-laced Bibles? I'm sick of reading about them
  • edited November 2011
    Can't someone just hand them some poison-laced Bibles? I'm sick of reading about them
    Did you even watch the video? It's now clear that she is a "fag hag" (BTW is this a prejorative term in the community? I have no idea). Seriously, for a moment I thought I could see her breaking character.

Post edited by Andrew on
  • edited November 2011
    (BTW is this a pejorative term in the community? I have no idea).
    I obviously can't speak with total authority, but not by itself, no. It can be used as a pejorative, but it isn't that way on it's own.

Post edited by Andrew on
  • Celebrating Holi is on my shortlist.
  • I've done that here, it's enormous fun. Just mess and music and dance and crazy business.
  • Holi is the best festival.
  • Have a terminal (or PuTTY) handy?

telnet miku.acm.uiuc.edu
  • Have a terminal (or PuTTY) handy?

telnet miku.acm.uiuc.edu
    I'm not getting anything. Using default PuTTY shell, perhaps I need to change something.

• The server's been having some issues, but it seems to be back now. Try again.
    It's working now. Clever.
    :3
  • Holi is the best festival.
    Better than Songkran in Bangkok?
  • In my mad dash for references for the Muse Games design-a-character challenge, I came across this hilarious bit on the yubtubs: