This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• edited August 2008
    Yep, pretty much. Even with the most up to date version I could get, mplayer just isn't playing ball half the time. VLC works well and I prefer the interface as well. When I come across something I can play in VLC I'll use SMplayer which seems to help with the bugs and keeps the better interface.
    This is all probably something to do with ATI's stinking drivers.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
    edited August 2008
    This is all probably something to do with ATI's stinking drivers.
    Most likely, seeing as mplayer is statistically (data taken from personal stories read) more stable than VLC. As for the interface, I seriously don't understand that, it looks like crap, and who the heck puts all the bottoms above the video? But that's a personal preference for video interfaces.
    Post edited by ... on
  • Features:
    Tactical Combat Action - Outsmart your enemies by setting up ambushes, dodging attacks, ducking behind cover, and using any of the multiple special abilities available to you.
    Steam Shop descriptions are so pathetic and hilarious.
  • =____= Wait... you actually think I would bother trying to find out if a file has VLC hate messages in it or not? Seriously? Sorry, but I don't hate myself enough yet to commit suicide, I let the hardcore idiots and trolls at /a/ find the stuff for me. As for the show, I think it is a fanservicey show yes, even when it's supposed to be for little girls.
    Oh wow, my head must have been in a fugue when I posted that. I looked back at the original post and my reply and went, "Jeebus, what was I thinking?" Sorry about that.
  • DAICON IV

This was a video made in 1983 by several fans that would eventually create a studio company named GAINAX.

One of the holy grails of short Japanese Animated films... MADE OF GEEKY AWESOME, AND EPIC WIN.

Enjoy the tons of comic/anime references in this video.
  • 1. Music. a polyphonic composition based upon one, two, or more themes, which are enunciated by several voices or parts in turn, subjected to contrapuntal treatment, and gradually built up into a complex form having somewhat distinct divisions or stages of development and a marked climax at the end.
    2. Psychiatry. a period during which a person suffers from loss of memory, often begins a new life, and, upon recovery, remembers nothing of the amnesic phase.
    *stare*
    Oh wow, my head must have been in a fugue when I posted that. I looked back at the original post and my reply and went, "Jeebus, what was I thinking?" Sorry about that.
    Don't worry, have some bewwies.
    MADE OF GEEKY AWESOME, AND EPIC WIN.
    There is no other way to describe it than that, pretty much all that is Gainax comes back in that vid from what I've seen.
  • DAICON IV

This was a video made in 1983 by several fans that would eventually create a studio company named GAINAX.

One of the holy grails of short Japanese Animated films... MADE OF GEEKY AWESOME, AND EPIC WIN.

Enjoy the tons of comic/anime references in this video.
    Ah you watched Daicon for the first time. Amazing isn't it. Ahhhh.
  • edited August 2008
    Post edited by Viga on
  • Wishmaster - The Misheard Lyrics
  • For those outside the US: That site is craigslist, not some bad fanfic site.
  • And that kids is why you need to learn when to pause your sentences.
  • Today my friend recommended me 2 books, both are humorous. The first was Real Ultimate Power by Robert Hamburger, a book about ninjas. The other was Alphabet of Manliness made by Maddox both these books can be able to be found as pdf torrents
  • both these books can be able to be found as pdf torrents
    I laughed.
  • edited August 2008
    Cat and Mouse

Why are cats so funny all the damn time?
    Post edited by NinjaNed on
  • Being a big fan of both Heavenly Creatures and Manfred Mann's version of Blinded by the Light, this really made my fucking day in the same way that Scott had his day made when he saw the Azumanga Daioh mashup picture.
  • edited August 2008

I love this song so much.

Edit:
    Oh and I got one more thing.
    Post edited by Double Z on
  • Vocaloid + Mega Man 3 =
  • edited August 2008
    Though Double Z probably already knows it, I couldn't remember the song's name (I knew it was from the album Hot Fuss by The Killers) which bugged me so I went an looked it up. It's called "All These Things That I've Done". Most epic.

Thing of my day, I've just finished the Forest temple and I will be playing Zelda until 3 in the morning.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Bryan Lee O'Malley and Hope Larson did a new short comic.
    What the hell was that? It was totally awesome, but what the fuck?
  • I like how the whole thing was formatted so that when you scrolled one screen down you get one page into your browser perfectly.
  • Bryan Lee O'Malley and Hope Larson did a new short comic.
    What the hell was that? It was totally awesome, but what the fuck?
    That was pretty much my reaction to it as well.
  • edited August 2008
    Post edited by chaosof99 on