This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• edited January 2009

A capella version of Don't Stop Believin'. To make up for the blasphemous cover I posted in the fail of the day thread.
    Post edited by Schnevets on
  • edited January 2009
    Some anime start out well enough, but eventually the animators just stop caring and let obvious mistakes by. Some shows take a handful of episodes before the low budget or laziness kicks in, but in the case of Akikan they got the massacre going in episode two.

Granted, this could easily be put into the "Fail of your Day" category as it's failure is clearly obvious, but seeing this just made my day.
    Post edited by Ratix on
  • but in the case of Akikan they got the massacre going in episode two.
    Hahaha, oh wow, that is awesome. Btw, are you seriously watching that show? :D
  • I was at Kinokuniya today. My boyfriend pointed this out to me. I immediately purchased it.

This is the first ever anime/manga figurine I have ever purchased. Now I need to find a place to display it.
  • Oh my god!
  • but in the case of Akikan they got the massacre going in episode two.
    Hahaha, oh wow, that is awesome. Btw, are you seriously watching that show? :D
    Not anymore. Even though I've dropped it, there's a part of me that wants to see just how bad things get.
  • Not anymore. Even though I've dropped it, there's a part of me that wants to see just how bad things get.
    Yeah, it appears to be pretty bad. I'm just going to ignore it.

In the mean time, I just finished putting together another gif animation, 4.7MB worth of Neo-Kuro.
  • Yeah, the second season isn't so great. The opener for the first series was really cute though. ^_^

The OVA "Encore" I didn't think was too bad; it was more like they just added a couple of shows that would otherwise be fillers in the middle of the series to the end, for people who couldn't get enough. I really enjoyed it as a whole though. I would probably buy it if I could find it really cheap. My parents know that I like anime and support it and respect it as well, but I'm not sure how fond they would be of buying a show like that... ^_~
    Oh sorry, I wasn't talking about Encore when I mentioned the OVA (I consider Encore part of the first season). The OVA is called Steel Angel Kurumi Zero, and it was never released in North America to my knowledge. It's basically just one episode and so incredibly bland that it's unbelievable.
    Oh ok, now I know what you are talking about. Isn't it when they are supposedly just people and Kurumi gets a crush on a guy? I think there was also a new character in there, too, but I only saw part of the first episode. That wasn't really too good either.

@Omnutia- Cabbits ftw!
  • the oh so classic Lazer Collection 1

and Lazer Collection 2
  • edited January 2009

Only posted for the "IMMA CHARGIN MALAYSIA" picture.
    Post edited by Loganator456 on
  • edited January 2009
    I learned that a couple of dozen British soldiers were killed by lighting during the Boer War. I mean one or two but a couple of dozen! What were they doing, walking around with big metal poles or something?

Edit: Sorry I forgot to add the question mark at the end. Fail on my part.
    Post edited by onewild on
  • I learned that a couple of dozen British soldiers were killed by lighting during the Boer War. I mean one or two but a couple of dozen! What were they doing, walking around with big metal poles.
    Well, I don't mean to disparage the Albion or American Armed Forces but that was a pretty stupid thing to do. Everyone knows you'll get electrocuted if you are carry any large item made of metal, although it's pretty unfortunate that soldiers were the victims instead of average morons.
  • Well, I don't mean to disparage the Albion or American Armed Forces but that was a pretty stupid thing to do. Everyone knows you'll get electrocuted if you are carry any large item made of metal, although it's pretty unfortunate that soldiers were the victims instead of average morons.
    I think the number, and possibly percentage, goes up significantly when talking about average morons.
  • Well, I don't mean to disparage the Albion or American Armed Forces but that was a pretty stupid thing to do. Everyone knows you'll get electrocuted if you are carry any large item made of metal, although it's pretty unfortunate that soldiers were the victims instead of average morons.
    I think the number, and possibly percentage, goes up significantly when talking about average morons.
    Obviously.

• This will probably be the first time you sob uncontrollably while listening to the Doctor Mario Theme.

Courtesy of Hyadain, the talented retro-game re-mixer that brought us Super Mario Western Show. It is dedicated to his dog.
  • This will probably be the first time you sob uncontrollably while listening to the Doctor Mario Theme.

Courtesy of Hyadain, the talented retro-game re-mixer that brought us Super Mario Western Show. It is dedicated to his dog.
    I've seen that before I think. So good, and of course you're right, Nine went q_q.
  • edited January 2009
    An amateur skateboarding video that is decently edited. I didn't realize they existed.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Courtesy of Hyadain, the talented retro-game re-mixer that brought us Super Mario Western Show.
    And Crash! Let's Do It!, which I argue is more memorable.
  • edited January 2009
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • I learned that a couple of dozen British soldiers were killed by lighting during the Boer War. I mean one or two but a couple of dozen! What were they doing, walking around with big metal poles or something?
    That reminds me of something. In the War of 1812, the British landed at Baltimore, marched to, and burned Washington D.C. However, they were prevented from further progress because a HURRICANE swept in that evening, putting out the fires and probably scaring the pants off the troops.
  • This makes me want to bike. It gets the blood up!
  • edited January 2009
    My thing of the day is Lifeforce by Andromeda Software Development. Here's the YouTube video, but I recommend downloading it.
    Post edited by Anastius on
  • edited January 2009
    Dam straight, we burned down the White House in a war that hardly anyone in Britain even knows about.
    Post edited by onewild on
  • edited January 2009
    I'm also in the middle of watching Chobits (I'm on episode 12). I really like Steel Angel Kurumi, Chobits, and those types of shows. It's not even because of any fan-service or anything like that. If I actually wanted to get off to anime, I would look at some hentai, not watch shows like these. Hmm. I don't know why, but I really seem to eat up those types of shows... :)

I guess I post a little micro-review in this thread when I'm done. I really like it so far.
  • And Crash! Let's Do It!, which I argue is more memorable.
    Ne, Rockman...YARANAI KA?

Yes. Hyadain, thank you for all the remixes, especially the gay!robot masters ones.
    I especially like the quickman one. It's really sped up.
  • Watch it to the end, this is great.
  • And Crash! Let's Do It!, which I argue is more memorable.
    Ne, Rockman...YARANAI KA?

Yes. Hyadain, thank you for all the remixes, especially the gay!robot masters ones.
    I especially like the quickman one. It's really sped up.
    I will note that I did try to show Crash! Let's Do It! to my anime club. No few than three people hit me on the way out.
  • edited March 2009
    Well, I finished Chobits, and I enjoyed that as well. I don't know if I can compare it to Steel Angel Kurumi, because while they are really similar, I like them differently. I think I like SAK better, though.