This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Things of your day

Comments

• I'm in Portugal at the moment, and tonight I ate dinner at a friend's house. He is German, but his house mates are Portuguese. After dinner we swapped youtubes. Here is one where the film crew are trying to get a Brazilian lady to say "www.youtube.com":

My favourite was of a TV host laughing inappropriately for way too long, while the audience sit in silence. The subtitles are great, especially the colours.
  • Kunio Kun anyone?

• Alfred Hitchcock Presentsnow on Hulu.
    Oh shits! This is awesome! Hulu, you've done it again!!!

• The Doom comic book is read by a person on the internet.
  • edited January 2009
    Haha, I don't know who, but someone was messing with the Geeknights wiki article.
    "Despite what many might think, Geeknights is well known across hundreds of nations all over the world. Geeknights has been around for several centuries and has a very important meaning in the lives of many. It would be safe to assume that Geeknights is going to be around for a long time and have an enormous impact on the lives of many people.

Social & Cultural Factors

Geeknights has a large role in American Culture. Many people can often be seen taking part in activities associated with Geeknights. This is partly because people of most ages can be involved and families are brought together by this. Generally a person who displays their dislike for Geeknights may be considered an outcast.

Economic Factors

It is not common practice to associate economics with Geeknights. Generally, Geeknights would be thought to have no effect on our economic situation, but there are in fact some effects. The sales industry associated with Geeknights is actually a 2.3 billion dollar a year industry and growing each year. The industry employs nearly 150,000 people in the United States alone. It would be safe to say that Geeknights play an important role in American economics and shouldn't be taken for granted.

Environmental Factors

After a three month long research project, I've been able to conclude that Geeknights doesn't negatively effect the environment at all. A Geeknights did not seem to result in waste products and couldn't be found in forests, jungles, rivers, lakes, oceans, etc... In fact, Geeknights produced some positive effects on our sweet little nature.

Political Factors

Oh does Geeknights ever influence politics. Last year 5 candidates running for some sort of position used Geeknights as the primary topic of their campaign. A person might think Geeknights would be a bad topic to lead a campaign with, but in fact with the social and environmental impact is has, this topic was able to gain a great number of followers. These 5 candidates went 4 for 5 on winning their positions.

Conclusion

Geeknights seem to be a much more important idea that most give credit for. Next time you see or think of Geeknights, think about what you just read and realize what is really going on. It is likely you under valued Geeknights before, but will now start to give the credited needed and deserved."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geeknights
    Post edited by Loganator456 on
  • edited January 2009
    How can it be that zany and still correctly spelled?
    So Rym and Scott, about that 2.3 billion dollar a year industry..

Afterthough: We have so got to make corrections to this; along the lines of Geeknights' contributions to religion and their effect on the roman empire. Complete with citations and links to the relevant articles.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I just realized that for the last eight years, I have had effectively the same spec computer; going from a desktop to a laptop and soon to a netbook.
  • Daigram of Heavy Metal band names.

Personal thing of the day: Africa... wheee!
  • Guys, check this out and feel its awesome from afar.
    Wondrous, I spoke out in delight as I started listening to the first sample. Exquisite it is, but its seventy dollar price puts it out of my budget for an appliance such as an alarm clock.
  • http://superfad.com/player.php?project=251&item=566
    Silly little balloon animals. On that note, It might be too silly for you to view it at work.
  • edited January 2009
    Guys, check this out and feel its awesome from afar.
    Wondrous, I spoke out in delight as I started listening to the first sample. Exquisite it is, but its seventy dollar price puts it out of my budget for an appliance such as an alarm clock.
    Ah, but for the paltry price of your bandwidth, you may find enjoyment in the fact that you are able to emulate this wondrous timepiece using the provided mp3s in conjunction with a mp3 alarm clock plug-in, such as the ones available for winamp.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Ah, but for the paltry price of your bandwidth, you may find enjoyment in the fact that you are able to emulate this wondrous timepiece using the provided mp3s in conjunction with a mp3 alarm clock plug-in, such as the ones available for winamp.
    Truth, but they only give 10 out of 190 voice samples. Having such a small pool of samples is a great setback.
  • Ah, but for the paltry price of your bandwidth, you may find enjoyment in the fact that you are able to emulate this wondrous timepiece using the provided mp3s in conjunction with a mp3 alarm clock plug-in, such as the ones available for winamp.
    Truth, but they only give 10 out of 190 voice samples. Having such a small pool of samples is a great setback.
    Not to mention they aren't complete. Really, did you listen to them? Most of them are 3 1/2 words
  • Not to mention they aren't complete. Really, did you listen to them? Most of them are 31/2words
    Wait for them to properly load
  • Not to mention they aren't complete. Really, did you listen to them? Most of them are 31/2words
    They are perfectly complete, they just make up 5% of all the lines in the machine.
  • There is a guy who is drawing one character from geeky works every day from 10/31/08 until 10/31/09, you can see all of his stuff here. They are all made of win, especially the villains from Raiders of the Lost Ark.
  • edited January 2009
    There is a guy who is drawing one character from geeky works every day from 10/31/08 until 10/31/09, you can see all of his stuffhere.They are all made of win, especially the villains from Raiders of the Lost Ark.
    That's pretty awesome. I like how he ties in some drawings with the next day's. I'm so loving the Die Hard ones. 55-60. "Look no bullets, Hanz!"

There are a few I think I know where it's from, but I'm not exactly sure. Images 31-36, are they characters from Metal Gear Solid? Anyone?
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Images 31-36, are they characters from Metal Gear Solid? Anyone?
    They are, in fact, from Metal Gear Solid. I really like that Hellboy was released on my birthday, I know that it is a crazy-random-happenstance, but I really like that series.
  • edited March 2009
    I finished watching Ai Yori Aoshi and Ai Yori Aoshi: Enishi yesterday, and I really enjoyed it. It was pretty good. Anyone else seen it?
    Post edited by Loganator456 on
  • perilous parkour - short animations made on a Nintendo DS
  • perilous parkour- short animations made on a Nintendo DS
    I've actually experienced number seven. :(
  • A bit old, but still good. Hannity & Colmes was taken of the air (yay), and replaced by a show just called "Hannity" (boo). At least now they don't have to pretend anymore that they have a discussion...
    Anyways, Colmes took a small stint, with the Colbert Report: Colbert & Colmes.
  • A friend forwarded this to me, the animation is bad, and the music is not the best thing in this world, it made me smile
  • An awesome remix of an awesome and legendary video

• I started a a Wikipedia page for the first time today :D
  • Kiskaloo, a webcomic by Chris Sanders (the guy who directed and created Lilo and Stitch).