This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Weird things about you.

Comments

• I get that too! I thought it was just me. :P
  • I don't get that. When I get hungry, though, I hiccuburp. Its like a hiccup, but it's like I'm inhaling and exhaling all at once.
  • When I get overly hot (particularly moist heat from baths/showers or sweat) I get itchy bumps primarily where I shave (legs and underarms). I thought it was just me; it is nice to know I'm not a freak in that respect.

This isn't so much a weird thing about me as a weird thing I discovered. I've probably mentioned it before, but it seems appropriate for this thread. When I went through chemo the first time, my urine was fruit punch red. Depending on the chemo, it can turn some strange colors.
  • When I get overly hot (particularly moist heat from baths/showers or sweat) I get itchy bumps primarily where I shave (legs and underarms). I thought it was just me; it is nice to know I'm not a freak in that respect.
    Not to say that you're a freak, but I don't get bumps -- just an intense burst of all-over itching.
    When I went through chemo the first time, my urine was fruit punch red. Depending on the chemo, it can turn some strange colors.
    When I was a kid I got whatever kind of hepatitis it is that goes away. My pee was orange, and my poop was like an ash-white.
  • I am yet another person who gets the heat-itch thing. It's really irritating and it makes me wonder if I'm wearing too many layers of clothing.
  • When I get hot, sometimes I get waves of cold repeatedly.
  • I like to munch on ice! *munch munch munch*

I'm in a restaurant and I'm eating ice to alleviate the bordom of waiting. I do it all the time, even after eating.
  • That's pretty bad for your teeth, I hear.
  • Most of the ice I chew isn't large, and quite easy to break. I have sensitive teeth so there's no way I'll be able "eat" normal ice cubes. Plus, I only do it when I go to a restaurant.
  • Chewing ice is pretty common. I hate it though. Too cold!
  • I sometimes eat the whole apple... as in, I also chew on and swallow the stick if I'm not paying attention, instead of just tossing the little stick out.
  • I used to chew is all the time. Now I mostly drink out of a huge half-gallon water bottle, so no ice.
    I sometimes eat the whole apple... as in, I also chew on and swallow the stick if I'm not paying attention, instead of just tossing the little stick out.
    You mean you eat the core, too? And you only talk about the little stick -- as if eating the core is normal?
  • You mean you eat the core, too? And you only talk about the little stick -- as if eating the core is normal?
    Is it not? I only not eat the core when I'm feeling sick. Just like I won't eat all liquorice in the house when I'm feeling sick. Feeling sick sucks.
  • Is it not?
    Maybe this is a wherever-the-hell-you're-from thing. I don't think I've ever met someone who eats the core.
  • Is it not?
    Maybe this is a wherever-the-hell-you're-from thing. I don't think I've ever met someone who eats the core.
    Me neither. Seems almost unheard of where I live.
  • I don't think I've ever met someone who eats the core.
    I've met exactly one person who does, and he considers it downright alien to not eat the core.

I however, never eat the core.
  • edited August 2009
    The core? The seeds too?
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • What's wrong with you people? It's an apple! Do you also throw away the crusts of your bread?
  • I take twist ties, the kind you find around bags to keep them closed and stuff, and twist them into a tornado shape. I carry them around with me, and make a new one when the one I have breaks.
    Among many other things, of course. But that is the single most unique and identifiable thing about me...
  • I like to eat the tails of shrimp as well as the meat, and if I do say so myself, I can do a pretty cool 1950s radio voice.
  • I like to eat the tails of shrimp as well as the meat
    All of my chinese/vietnamese friends do this. I'm not sure if it's a cultural thing, or if they're just weird.
  • What's wrong with you people? It's an apple! Do you also throw away the crusts of your bread?
    No. Do you fucking eat the bone after you've eaten a T-Bone steak?
  • No. Do you fucking eat the bone after you've eaten a T-Bone steak?
    The bone's not edible, like the stick of an apple. The crust of bread, and the core of an apple, are edible.
  • I always throw away the crusts of my bread and pizza.
  • The bone's not edible, like the stick of an apple.
    The seeds of an apple, if chewed, are insanely bitter, like overripe almonds. There is a definite reason why I don't regularly swallow those.
  • edited August 2009
    No. Do you fucking eat the bone after you've eaten a T-Bone steak?
    The bone's not edible, like the stick of an apple. The crust of bread, and the core of an apple, are edible.
    Sure it is. So is the core. Dirt is edible. Steel is mostly edible. A lot of things that aren't considered 'food' are edible. Does that make most people want to eat them? No.
    Post edited by Loganator456 on
  • Sure it is. So is the core. Dirt is edible. Steel is mostly edible. A lot of things that aren't considered 'food' are edible. Does that make most people want to eat them? No.
    Do you know what edible means? It means it's fit to be eaten as food. That means you most likely won't DIE from eating it, unless it's just highly poisonous. You go eat a handful of dirt, the bone of a T-bone steak (no grounding up into a bone meal) and a steel pipe, then try saying that stuff is edible again, have teeth or your life. Have your cookie, log.
    The seeds of an apple, if chewed, are insanely bitter, like overripe almonds. There is a definite reason why I don't regularly swallow those.
    Swallowing != chewing. I don't like chewing on seeds either, but I don't mind swallowing them down with just apple. These days most apples have so few seeds in them you don't notice them when you bite down anyway, just as with mandarins, oranges, etc. If you do happen to bite on one of the seeds, well just spit it out, like you would with the seeds of an orange, mandarin, etc. The core of an apple is mostly just more apple, only slightly tougher. I seriously don't get why people don't just finish their apples. You're just like little kids not eating their bread crusts! Insane!
  • Sure it is. So is the core. Dirt is edible. Steel is mostly edible. A lot of things that aren't considered 'food' are edible. Does that make most people want to eat them? No.
    Do you know what edible means? It means it'sfitto be eaten as food. That means you most likely won't DIE from eating it, unless it's just highly poisonous. You go eat a handful of dirt, the bone of a T-bone steak (no grounding up into a bone meal) and a steel pipe, then try saying that stuff is edible again, have teeth or your life.
    Bah. Edible means able to be eaten, it's quite similar to the word eatable. Either way, I guess it really depends on where you come from on what you eat, like Funfetus said.
    Have your cookie, log.
    I can has dirt cookie? It's edible, right? ;_;
    Do you know what edible means? It means it'sfitto be eaten as food. That means you most likely won't DIE from eating it, unless it's just highly poisonous. You go eat a handful of dirt, the bone of a T-bone steak (no grounding up into a bone meal) and a steel pipe, then try saying that stuff is edible again, have teeth or your life.
    Bah. Edible means able to be eaten, it's quite similar to the word eatable. Either way, I guess it really depends on where you come from on what you eat, like Funfetus said.

Have your cookie, log.
    I can has dirt cookie? It's edible, right? ;_;
    It might not be edible, but it might be eatable. Or vice versa. We're not entirely sure.
  • I suck all fruit stones (peaches, avacardos, cherries, apricots) dry and I mean really dry. I also enjoy chewing on twigs (they have sugar wood in some shops in holland)