This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Weird things about you.

Comments

• Plus,for anything to be classified as a disorder, it needs toaffectyour life is a very negative way. Examples: you can't work, procure food, or fulfill daily activities because of it.

I have a friend who has funny ticks and such, like having to eat food in 2's or having to have his deskarrangedin a certain way. But,since he can survive if he doesn’t-he just feels odd-it isn't classified as a disorder by psychologists.
    It is just a matter of scale. It causes discomfort, but is not a debilitating disorder. So would you classify it as such if it inconvenienced you in some way, like gave you insomnia? I have a close friend who was diagnosed with OCD, but she can still work and function. You wouldn't know she had this problem unless she told you. Because a lot of OCD is inside the mind, it is possible to hide it. Many people hide their ticks. It just goes from "normally quirky" to "can't function because of the disorder." Most sufferers are somewhere in between.
  • edited November 2008
    WYATT! I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR PENIS!
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • WYATT! I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR PENIS!
    *Jayne impression* I could stand to hear more...

For reals though, I'm glad that was edited before I got here. XD
  • To put it simply:
    When some people loose their pants, they cover their shame.
    When I loose my pants, I flaunt my pride.

Yeah I am 110% Class. O:)
  • I am double jointed and can lick my own nose. :P
    Now, can you pick your nose with that tongue? Or do I have you beat?
    The world viewed through my left eye is noticeably less saturated than viewed with my right. My right eye is also slightly more orange.
    I've got something similar. I don't know if that's so unusual.
    Thirded. Left bland grays, right colourful drug-trip.[/exaggeration]
  • WYATT! I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR PENIS!
    I'm sorry you had to be subjected to Wyatt's classy nature, but I laughed so hard when I read this.
  • I can unhinge my jaw. Not exactly the same but it comes in handy.
    For eating a baby pig?
  • By it's nature there's no real way for me to know if this habit is weird, but whenever I'm alone almost every thought that comes into my head is vocalized.
  • By it's nature there's no real way for me to know if this habit is weird, but whenever I'm alone almost every thought that comes into my head is vocalized.
    Do you mean you vocalize internally? Or do you mean you talk to yourself out loud?
    Do you mean you vocalize internally? Or do you mean you talk to yourself out loud?
    The second one.
    The second one.
    For me its the former. When I'm thinking it's in the form of my voice or someones voice ranging from Mom to anime characters.
  • I've since shaken this, but I used to have this habit of repeating things under my breath. Sometimes something I had just said, sometimes something someone else said. Usually it was when what had been said struck me for some reason. It took a few years for my friends to notice, but they were pretty weirded out by it for a while.
  • My internal 'voice' has no voice. It doesn't have an accent, no pitch. It's just there saying things I think.
  • My internal 'voice' has no voice. It doesn't have an accent, no pitch. It's just there saying things I think.
    Your internal voice is boring. My internal voice is often either my own voice or the voice of Shadow the Hedeghog.
  • Your internal voice is boring. My internal voice is often either my own voice or the voice of Shadow the Hedeghog.
    I agree. I also am really bad at visualizing, and imagination related tasks in general.
    Your internal voice is boring. My internal voice is often either my own voice or the voice of Shadow the Hedeghog.
    At least that boring voice beats having your internal voice try its hand at singing the text, opera style.
  • The world viewed through my left eye is noticeably less saturated than viewed with my right. My right eye is also slightly more orange.
    Fourthed (?). Right side red, left side yellow. I mostly try to keep them both open, though, so it's not really a big deal.
  • edited November 2008
    Your internal voice is boring.
    Actually, Now that I think about it, It's not boring at all. It's not like listening to a monotone voice. it's just... not special. Also I can give it an accent, but I suck at doing them (to the point where imitating Australians is just adding 'crikey' every other sentence).
    The world viewed through my left eye is noticeably less saturated than viewed with my right. My right eye is also slightly more orange.
    Fourthed (?). Right side red, left side yellow. I mostly try to keep them both open, though, so it's not really a big deal.
    I only notice it in dark/poorly lit environments, but I have it too.
    Post edited by Bronzdragon on
  • The world viewed through my left eye is noticeably less saturated than viewed with my right. My right eye is also slightly more orange.
    I only notice it in dark/poorly lit environments, but I have it too.
    Sixth'd, right side's yellow.
  • I have a similar issue with my own eyes. I guess at this point, it's not weird anymore. Carry on!
  • Yep, looks like our eyes are not exactly the same! So surprising. I mean, wouldn't it be a much more intelligent design to make our eyes match? ^_~
  • Your internal voice is boring. My internal voice is often either my own voice or the voice of Shadow the Hedeghog.
    I agree. I also am really bad at visualizing, and imagination related tasks in general.
    What are your dreams like? I always wondered what people without an imagination dream.
  • What are your dreams like? I always wondered what people without an imagination dream.
    When I wake up I can't remember my dreams. The best dreams I have are fever dreams, and those are really hard to describe. It's more about the sensation I have during those dreams. I remeber one dream that was about me laying in bed, but in a really epic way.
  • The best dreams I have are fever dreams, and those are really hard to describe. It's more about the sensation I have during those dreams.
    I had those too. There was one where my microscope exploded.
  • My right eye sees the present, and my left eye sees the past.
    So what part of you sees the future?
    So what part of you sees the future?
    Nobody can see the future. Besides, I was quoting Cowboy bebop.
    That was awesome. I wish I would have thought of it myself.
  • edited November 2008
    Both of my eyes suck. They see colors correctly, but I have something like 20/100 or worse vision. Plus, I have astigmatism in both eyes; the right eye is a touch worse than the left, but if I take my glasses off, I'm practically blind, so the difference barely matters. Makes finding the light switch in the morning quite an adventure.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • What are your dreams like?
    I only dream in 3rd person and I am rarely myself. I guess it has something to do with my childhood video game habits.