This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Worst movies ever made.

Comments

• I'd have I thnk about worst movie ever, but in recent memory both Meet the Spartans and August Rush were actually painfull to watch. The only reason I didn't leave Meet the Spartans early was because it was so short. The Golden Compass was pretty bad too, but redeemed by the fact we had the theater to ourselves and just gave it the total MST3K treatement.

August Rush though...no part of this movie is good. The acting is bad, the characters are one-dimensional, the plot makes no sense, Robin Williams' character is freaking creepy as hell, etc.
  • edited April 2008
    Why would you even go to see Meet the Spartans in the first place? That movie looked painful! If you say that you thought it looked funny from the previews, I will find a way to reach through the internets and punch you in the face.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • Yeah, I didn't really want to see it, but we'd seen everything else in the theater and were really really bored. I let my friend talk me into it because it was a matinée, and I picked the last one. But hey, now at least it'll be easier to talk my friends out of seeing those kinds of movies from now on.
  • Yeah, I didn't really want to see it, but we'd seen everything else in the theater and were reallyreallybored. I let my friend talk me into it because it was a matinée, and I picked the last one. But hey, now at least it'll be easier to talk my friends out of seeing those kinds of movies from now on.
    Murder him.
  • Friends don't let friends see Meet the Spartans (or any movie made by those evil creators).
  • Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter
    A friend told me about this movie once. I still want to see it for all its terrible glory!
    One of the worst movies I have seen recently was Doomsday. I can't believe I spent money on this movie!
  • I just saw a movie that I thought was just so stupid that I'm amazed it was so popular back in the days. That movie is none other than Love Story. God...the tone is so schmaltzy and the feeling is just all wrong. I really don't have anything else to say other than that, anybody else ever seen this and/or have similar feelings about it.
  • I must admit it is entertaining, but it is the worst movie I have seen, and I have watched many a bad film. The main problems for me are the plot holes, the cheesiness, and the idea that an alien race can be brought down with aman-madecomputer virus. I'm not saying it's terrible, just bad. You want terrible, don't talk to me; I avoid those like the plague.
    Yet, you didn't mention that a massive, exo-skeletoned alien with sixteen goddamned arms and enough strength in a single one to swing a dude about by his neck in the air(as it does later on) gets cold-cocked in one punch.

As for movies, I can't say I have one I think is the worst. Movie. Ever.
    I tend to enjoy parts, and dislike other parts - for example, "I Am Legend" was generally enjoyable for me, but the ending was really, really bad. The original ending is fantastic, but the new ending throws away 3/4 of the movie and makes the whole thing into "I'M A MONSTER KILLIN' MOTHER FUCKER HELL YEAH AMERICA"
    Fuck. That.
    Starship Troopers just happens to be one of the best movies ever made, and am appalled anyone would list that, or even mention it, in this thread. Absolutely APPALLED!
    It is also made better by reading the book. Yes, I SAID IT!
    I agree, actually. Reading the book makes the movie better, and the movie makes reading the book better. I tend to view them as two separate entities, to be honest though, like a fork of the same foundation project.
  • I didn't even realize this thread existed. I'm stunned by the number of merely bad, or even mediocre movies that are being advanced as the "worst movie ever".

The worst movie ever is, hands down, The Underground Comedy Movie. I saw it at a midnight showing, and maybe 15-20 people were there. People started walking out about 15 minutes in. By the end of the movie, only myself and my three friends were left, and we only stayed out of grim determination. It's absolutely wretched. Bonus: Slash from Guns 'n' Roses is in it, but so obviously wasted that he probably didn't know he was in a movie, and it was made by the Shamwow Guy, with the help of the Church of Scientology, who subsequently booted him from the church and tried to destroy his life when they saw what a horrible thing he had made.
  • edited October 2009
    Yet, you didn't mention that a massive, exo-skeletoned alien with sixteen goddamned arms and enough strength in a single one to swing a dude about by his neck in the air(as it does later on) gets cold-cocked in one punch.
    Thanks for reminding me. :| Since then, I found a worse movie than Independence Day. My father made me sit through The Golden Compass in the theater. The acting was wooden, and it seemed to have one deus ex machina after another. The sad news is that my dad thinks it's a good movie (Ironically, he doesn't know its supposed to be critical of religion). I've heard the book is better, but I've yet to read it.
    Post edited by Diagoras on
  • Reading the book makes the movie better
    Lies.
  • Lies.
    Not my problem. I can only speak from my experience.
  • edited October 2009
    [Listing Best Bond Films] #1: Goldfinger
    Agreed. Though, much of the awesomeness of Goldfinger is how balls-to-the-wall, over-the-top, ridiculously manly Sean Connery is in it. The two key points that illustrate this most plainly are:

1) He slaps a bikini-clad woman on the ass and goes "Run along, man talk."
    2) [spoilerz] When he converts Pussy Galore, a Bond girl written as a lesbian character, into a heterosexual with his charm. Wow. [/spoilerz]

Man, now I want to watch Goldfinger.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • After running across this thread and reading all of it for kicks and giggles, I showed my roommate the trailer for Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter. Now she wants to find it and watch it.
  • My worst movies are...

Norbit
    Deuce Bigalow: European Giggolo
    Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen

I can't remember which is the worst, but they all blow really hard.
  • Though, much of the awesomeness of Goldfinger is how balls-to-the-wall, over-the-top, ridiculously manly Sean Connery is in it.
    You have seen Zardoz, right? 'Cause if you don't you need to see it like I need to see a Walrus with it's dick hanging out!
  • I tend to enjoy parts, and dislike other parts - for example, "I Am Legend" was generally enjoyable for me, but the ending was really, really bad. The original ending is fantastic, but the new ending throws away 3/4 of the movie and makes the whole thing into "I'M A MONSTER KILLIN' MOTHER FUCKER HELL YEAH AMERICA"
    Fuck. That.
    I enjoyed I Am Legend, even to this day whenever my mother asks me if the film I propose will give her nightmares. I do agree, fuck the ending, but eh, it's an adaptation, they adapted it to achieve their goal. The goal being make money and ignore the original work beyond setting.
  • I enjoyedI Am Legend, even to this day whenever my mother asks me if the film I propose will give her nightmares. I do agree, fuck the ending, but eh, it's an adaptation, they adapted it to achieve their goal. The goal being make money and ignore the original work beyond setting.
    Watch Omega Man.
  • edited October 2009
    I showed my roommate the trailer forJesus Christ Vampire Hunter. Now she wants to find it and watch it.
    If you've got a Netflix subscription, it's available for streaming until Nov. 1 or you can wait for the disc to show up. It's a movie best enjoyed with friends who can understand the need for campy schlock films!
    Post edited by Techparadox on
  • Watch Omega Man.
    It's been on my list for years. I didn't say I Am Legend was a good adaptation. :)
  • I showed my roommate the trailer forJesus Christ Vampire Hunter. Now she wants to find it and watch it.
    If you've got a Netflix subscription, it's available for streaming until Nov. 1 or you can wait for the disc to show up. It's a movie best enjoyed with friends who can understand the need for campy schlock films!
    I actually bought the DVD, it's awesome.
  • I showed my roommate the trailer forJesus Christ Vampire Hunter. Now she wants to find it and watch it.
    I actually bought the DVD, it's awesome.
    Turns out her boyfriend has a copy of it and is willing to loan it to us.
  • GeoGeo
    edited October 2009
    Does a film that was complete back in the day, but is not anymore constitute a bad film? The only film I can think of that has this trait is Metropolis. It is quite possibly one of the greatest science-fiction films ever made and the design of the film make it that way, and I love it to death...but alas, I can't call it a great film because it is incomplete. But...it may become an amazing film once they finish restoring the recently discovered full cut and return this film to it's former glory
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Metropolis.
    No. Don't put that in this treat. GTFO. I don't care if it isn't in one piece, that doesn't make it WORST MOVIE EVER material.

Also, you just wanted to be all cinema studies show off again, didn't you. Haw!
    I can't wait until that print is repaired.
  • edited October 2009
    The only film I can think of that has this trait is Metropolis.
    What the FUCK!? *kicks over chair in anger*

Man, you know, I suppose "Horse Feathers" with the Marx Brothers is tripe because it is missing several minutes, or "2001: A Space Odyssey," for that matter.

EDIT: I might have sounded a bit harsh, but c'mon. Tons of classics are cut or altered in some way. We all know about Dr. Strangelove's "Pie Fight" scene. It doesn't lessen the validity of a movie that has achieved classic status, it just means it can only get better.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • GeoGeo
    edited October 2009
    Metropolis.
    No. Don't put that in this treat. GTFO. I don't care if it isn't in one piece, that doesn't make it WORST MOVIE EVER material.

Also, you just wanted to be all cinema studies show off again, didn't you. Haw!
    I can't wait until that print is repaired.
    As I said before I love Metropolis to bits, but after I read the scenes that were missing, I felt it was really incomplete. Maybe this was the wrong place to put it, and maybe my judgment was poor in doing so, but I couldn't find another place to possibly put this thought of mine, and I've been making way too many threads than I should be, which in the past briefly had me crossing everybody's ire which is something I don't want to repeat again.

-steadily growing both perturbed and annoyed -

I'll tell everyone another thing too, I really am getting quite fed up of having this label of me wanting to show off slapped on me as that was never my intention at all. I have a lot to say about certain things, and if it comes off as if I'm bragging, I'm sorry you feel that way but such is not the case and is quite wrong! By the way, the previous comment didn't consist of me "attempting to show off" as you put it. It was a mix of speculation and a question, but I guess my way of discussing things isn't tolerated here. In short: Just lay off because I've going through a lot of rough patches right now, I have more than enough troubles to worry about, and I'm not going to take any snarky comments or any other related hassles right now.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • edited October 2009
    and if it comes off as if I'm bragging
    If you don't want to come off as bragging or a show off, it probably isn't best to do things like calling yourself a "true Who fan" and then saying that others are incapable of appreciating something because they "jumped on the Whoniverse Boat very late".

Edited for word choice.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • GeoGeo
    edited October 2009
    and if it comes off as if I'm bragging
    If you don't want to come off as bragging or a show off, it probably isn't best to do things like calling yourself a "true Who fan" and then saying that others are incapable of understanding something because they "jumped on the Whoniverse Boat very late".
    You are correct in this assumption and the point you have just put forth, but you are just fueling the fire for me right now and it's growing larger. It's pretty upsetting to me when I lose my temper (which doesn't happen often) and take all I can take.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • edited October 2009
    I'm not going to appease you just to stop you from losing your temper. I'm just as sick of this drama lately as you are, but you can't act like we're the only ones perpetuating it. As I pointed out and you acknowledged, you are at least partially responsible for the way people are treating you. If you think at all that I have never been in your situation on these very forums, you are very wrong.

I would hope, at this point, everyone involved understands how they should be modifying their behavior in order to keep situation from getting worse and getting out of hand. Just cool it.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited October 2009
    No offense, but Yupa is sounding more and more Pepperboxy as of late. :)

EDIT: That's Cogswell Pepperbox, of course. Holy shit, the actual pepperbox is awesome!
    Post edited by Funfetus on