This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Computers and names. What do you call yours?

Comments

• Mine are named after the gangs from GTA3:

Yardies - XP machine
    Mafia - Laptop
    Yakuza - Family PC
    Triads - Sister's computer
  • My computer's name is Colonel Aardvark Fireball and my iPod's name is Admiral Wolverine Lightening Bolt.

Hehe, I like those.

Mine is just, "David's computer". Easy for me to remember and precisely describes the item.
  • Desktop - Verdandi 1.4.3
    2nd Desktop - Nagisa
    Laptop - Yofuwa
    Router - Zuul
    Wireless AP - Bifrost
    Samba Server - Yggdrassill
  • My computers are all named after magical effects of some sort. Right now my desktop is named MarblePhantasm, my Ipod is named RealityMarble, and my new laptop is named ObsidianButterfly when booted under Ubuntu and MagmaKraken when booted under Vista.
  • Macbook Pro: Linda
    k550i: Knut
    iPod nano: Pete

My external hard drives are named: Volume, Files (both on the same drive) and Movies and Videos
  • My Macbook is named CramitDMac
    My Removable drives are named:
    2.5 inch hard drive: MicroDrive
    USB flash drive: KeyDrive
    USB hard drive for mirroring my MacBooks hard drive: ShineyMirror
  • Desktop: Orac, the computer from Blake's 7
    Laptop: Spathi
  • edited November 2007
    Laptop: Spathi
    INTERNET WIN GET.
    Post edited by ProfPangloss on
  • My desktop is named "Pintsize" after the QC character. My laptop is currently named "Pandaikon", and my little iPod Mini is named "Elite Beat Pod".
    I have one hard drive on Pintsize named "Manga" rather unimaginatively, as that is all that is on it. All of the other drives are "Main Drive" or just a standard assigned letter.
  • Usually I just call mine "God damn piece of shit."
  • I recently named my computer after a mech; Bokurano. (Did I use that semicolon right?)
  • Did I use that semicolon right?
    No.
    And Bokurano was the name of the anime. Zaerth was the name of the mecha.
  • edited November 2007
    So what really super cool passwords do you guys use? Post them here!
    Post edited by Jason on
  • So what really super cool passwords do you guys use? Post them here!
    I find it funny that you felt you needed to put that in green sarcasm font.
  • My password is 12345.
  • edited November 2007
    <cthon98> hey, if you type in your pw, it will show as stars
    </cthon98><cthon98> ********* see!
    <azurediamond> hunter2
    </azurediamond><azurediamond> doesnt look like stars to me
    </azurediamond></cthon98><cthon98> <azurediamond> *******
    </azurediamond></cthon98><cthon98> thats what I see
    <azurediamond> oh, really?
    </azurediamond></cthon98><cthon98> Absolutely
    <azurediamond> you can go hunter2 my hunter2-ing hunter2
    </azurediamond><azurediamond> haha, does that look funny to you?
    </azurediamond></cthon98><cthon98> lol, yes. See, when YOU type hunter2, it shows to us as *******
    <azurediamond> thats neat, I didnt know IRC did that
    </azurediamond></cthon98><cthon98> yep, no matter how many times you type hunter2, it will show to us as *******
    <azurediamond> awesome!
    </azurediamond><azurediamond> wait, how do you know my pw?
    </azurediamond></cthon98><cthon98> er, I just copy pasted YOUR ******s and it appears to YOU as hunter2 cause its your pw
    <azurediamond> oh, ok.</azurediamond></cthon98>
    It thinks the names are tags unless I put it in a code block. So you get a code excerpt.
    Post edited by Starfox on
  • There are four different people who use this computer, and each login account is named after that person.
    So, it is:
    Jeremy
    Jessica
    Staci
    Ish
  • Uhm ,I guess this counts, but I named the computer and all Thog. It's a semi-old computer with very little ram and an old version of windows, so a caveman-esque name sounded appropriate. I also call the Mac I normally use Mac-Station, because I usually have "a lot" of things hooked up to it, so it looks like what I imagine people's PC-Gaming stations to be.
  • That is one of my favorite quotes from bash. I love that site.
    edited November 2007
    Muhahahaha! I have an update! I SHALL CONQUER THE EARTH!

Wait, wrong update. Disregard that first line. Anyways, as stated in my previous post in this thread. My poor nano, and usb stick, have no real distinguishing names. And I had no ideas whatsoever. Until today! I have dubbed my little nano, Hina Ichigo. I know, lame, but it's a name, beats 'IPOD' anyday, and it makes sense. For 1. It's a small iPod. And 2. Hina always says nano. Well 'na no' afaik, but still. Both are small for their kind and both say nano. Or are nano.

Now all I have to do is conquer the earth and name my usb stick. *ponders*
    EDIT: If anyone has any good ideas. *nudge nudge*
    Post edited by ... on
  • edited December 2007
    It's really stupid, but when I got my first laptop as a freshmen in high school I named it FRED, Fantastically Radical Electronic Doohickey. Because of this my various PDA's were all FRED Jr. or some variation of that and my new laptop is FRED 2.

EDIT: Also my iPod is named UberPod, which is awesome.
    Post edited by blaman327 on
  • ... I wanna name my computer Boku. Because the first any-hentai-type-stuff on this computer was Boku no Sexual Harassment. Hell if I can spell the Japanese version. ... but yeah. Since this is my first computer ever to myself (and thus the first where I don't have to worry about adults going "WTF's that?"), I'm quite surprised I took so long to download hentai.

I dunno, I've never watched a full hentai movie/show. It's always been a curiosity point. So far? It's hilarious. XD

As to my DS, iPod and phone, I have no names. I want to name them now though.. but I lost my iPod. Probably will name my PSP, if I ever get it....
  • My computers are named after members of Section 9.
  • My flash drive is named "FireFlower" for no apparent reason.
  • "Shit Box." It's a term of endearment as my desktop computer is still kicking after at least a good seven years of hard use. Can't say the same for my new laptop, which is already having hardware problems just six months in.
  • My current computer is named Mortimer the 2nd, after my first comp.
    My Ipod's name is plum.
  • One laptop is called Alita, and the other is Solty. The iPod is Rikku.
  • My laptop is called Melchior, but only because me and two friends named our laptops when we were connecting to a third friends network and realized that we hadn't named our laptops anything interesting. They, of course, got Balthazar and Caspar. Everything else I have goes on a Norse theme. The two hard drives in the laptop are Geri and Freki, while my iPod and flash drive are Huginn and Muninn. My external hard drive is called Sleipnir, as it is my data-storage work horse.
  • So I just got a used Shuttle PC. It's rather box looking so I shall name it Jameson.
    That brings me up to 5 computers that I, personally, own.
      Performance Laptop: Zangetsu
      Netbook: Kuroneko
      Diagnostics Testbed Machine (desktop): Dr. Moon
      Shuttle PC (desktop): Jameson
      Old-Ass Compaq Laptop: USS-Defiant