This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Team Fortress 2

Comments

• Is it worth buying a key for my refreshing summer cooler?
  • Do you like hats?
  • Do you like hats?
    Fuck that noise.
  • Have they revealed a key for the refreshing summer cooler? Because normal keys don't work on them.
  • edited July 2011
    Have they revealed a key for the refreshing summer cooler? Because normal keys don't work on them.
    Yep, you can pick them up from the Mann Co store, until the end of the summer sale, at which point they'll either revert back to normal crates, or vanish entirely, I'm not sure.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • THAT'S THE LAST TIME YOU TEMPT ME WITH YOUR KEYS, TF2. ;__________;
  • They really need to add a way to smelt the crates, even if it was like 10 crates for one scrap metal or something.
  • edited July 2011
    I wish they would, but that's never going to happen. It's pure psychology to keep the crates in the players inventory with the only way to get rid of them is to pay for the keys to open them. It's both the promise of reward for opening them, and the nuisance of having them around and cluttering up the backpack when you don't. A two-pronged sales strategy really.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Pfff I just delete them.
  • Pfff I just delete them.
    Yeah, they're just advertisements. Treat them as you would billboards.
  • It's pure psychology to keep the crates in the players inventory with the only way to get rid of them is to pay for the keys to open them.
    There are trade servers with idi.... I mean, people who will trade for them. I have traded 3 of them for metal and just crafted stuff I actually wanted.
  • Anybody want a golf club for the Demoman? I have an extra. ;_;
  • edited July 2011
    Anybody want a golf club for the Demoman? I have an extra. ;_;
    I'll give you 6 crates and a summer cooler :)
    want a sandman?
  • I've already got a sandman.
    More fun in public servers.
    want a sandman?
    I could use one. What are you looking for?
  • So, due to the fact that I frequent what amounts to a troll server, I know have at least four or five new gimmick maps, including two that are, shall we say...

20% cooler than others?
  • Want.
  • There's also one that I think we could do an awesome organized scrim on, which amounts to a game of Kill the Man with the Ball, which is apparently also called Smear the Queer.
  • Kill the Man with the Ball
    This is the only way the game of Rugby has ever been explained to me. Well, that and "A bit like American football, but for men."
  • This is the only way the game of Rugby has ever been explained to me. Well, that and "A bit like American football, but for men."
    They forgot where you can't throw it forward like a pansy, but you have to carry it forwards and risk having giant men smash all your bits into smaller bits.
  • edited July 2011
    Anybody got an Equalizer or a Homewrecker he can trade to me? I can offer a Darwin's Dagger Shield, Razorback, Buff Banner, Loch-N-Load, Scottish Skullcutter, Natasha, Solemn Vow, Conniver's Kunai, Wrangler, or up to 11 crates :)
    Item against item, except if you want crates.
  • edited July 2011
    I should have an extra equalizer. Meet me in-game.
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • Highlight of last night's game was sneaking up on lackofcheese as a demoman while he was sniping and hearing him freak out as I melee him to death. Twice.
  • Highlight of last night's game was sneaking up on lackofcheese as a demoman while he was sniping and hearing him freak out as I melee him to death. Twice.
    And this is why low-pop matches are boring. The fun shit starts to happen with 5 or more players per team. The more the merrier. There's no 'I' in Team Fortress 2 after all.
  • There's no 'I' in Team Fortress 2 after all.
    But there is one in Spy, and by "Spy" I mean "knife," which is currently lodged in your back. It seems I have made quite a mess.
  • edited July 2011
    Highlight of last night's game was sneaking up on lackofcheese as a demoman while he was sniping and hearing him freak out as I melee him to death. Twice.
    That was fun.
    Highlight of last night's game was sneaking up on lackofcheese as a demoman while he was sniping and hearing him freak out as I melee him to death. Twice.
    And this is why low-pop matches are boring. The fun shit starts to happen with 5 or more players per team. The more the merrier. There's no 'I' in Team Fortress 2 after all.
    6-9 players per team is optimal, which is good because we're going to have 8-player teams for the scrims.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • How the fuckhell do you people who main medic keep up with this shit.
  • How the fuckhell do you people who main medic keep up with this shit.
    The life of a healer is a difficult, but challenging one. :P

Killing people with the needle gun or saw always makes up for the constant barrage of people always screaming for Medic.
  • Make sure to go into the advanced menu and turn on the extras to help medic, such as automatic dingle over the heads of anyone who's injured.