This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Team Fortress 2

Comments

• That comic is seriously my favorite interpretation of Gabe Newell.
  • Today I heard a medic tip which is so easy and obvious, but I have never done and I don't know why I've never thought of it myself. When you über a guy to take down a sentry, run out from behind the wall you were prepping first. This way you will draw the fire of the sentry yourself and allow the actually attacking player more freedom and easier access to the sentry gun.
  • edited July 2011
    Today I heard a medic tip which is so easy and obvious, but I have never done and I don't know why I've never thought of it myself. When you über a guy to take down a sentry, run out from behind the wall you were prepping first. This way you will draw the fire of the sentry yourself and allow the actually attacking player more freedom and easier access to the sentry gun.
    Just make sure that it's either an indoor sentry or you have a corner to sit in, because sentries have a lot of pushback and you might wind up getting shoved out of uber range if you aren't careful.

Or is pushback even applied through an uber? I tend to play scout, so it's been a long time since I've been ubered, and pushback IS applied through Bonk!, last I checked.
    Post edited by Yuyuke on
  • Or is pushback even applied through an uber?
    Yes, it is. The Uber only prevents it from killing you.
  • Today I heard a medic tip which is so easy and obvious, but I have never done and I don't know why I've never thought of it myself. When you über a guy to take down a sentry, run out from behind the wall you were prepping first. This way you will draw the fire of the sentry yourself and allow the actually attacking player more freedom and easier access to the sentry gun.
    The game even gives you that suggestion in the little tip box during loading times.
  • I'm on the server, waiting for people to join.
  • edited July 2011
    I'll pop in if my internet will let me.

EDIT: Well, it worked for a little while, anyway. :/
    Post edited by P_TOG on
  • COUPON BUG DOT COM
  • I don't know what it is, but I love watching people rage impotently against people griefing.
  • Amen. Their videos are entertaining as fuck.
  • So, one thing that's always annoyed me is when mapmakers put ads for themselves in stupidly obvious places on the map. A small Easter egg is cool, because I love Easter eggs, but right near a major cap? You're a dick.

Then, there's these guys....
  • So, one thing that's always annoyed me is when mapmakers put ads for themselves in stupidly obvious places on the map. A small Easter egg is cool, because I love Easter eggs, but right near a major cap? You're a dick.

Then, there's these guys....
    The joke is on them. Luigi just vacuumed up Jesus.
  • There is a Tribe of Judah Christian Team Fortress 2fort server. I have never been tempted to grief until this day.
  • edited July 2011
    You know, I don't have a problem with all the stateful weaponry and such. However, I'm growing sick of playing on "premium" servers. For those not in the know: There are a couple of game servers that offer "premium membership" accounts for something like 4 € a month. In return, you actually get to cheat on their servers as you are offered things like overheal, permanent crits, engineer buildings that are more difficult to destroy, and the like. Worst however I find the "premium jump" features, which allow players to reach spots they shouldn't be capable of accessing, such as for example engineers planting porters, dispensers and sentries on the enemies roof on Double Cross and the like.

It's really fucking annoying playing against people who have premium accounts, and it often ruins the game. Unfortunately, those premiums servers are often well maintained and well run otherwise, and usually have low ping and run maps 24/7. However, I'm growing more and more sick of this "tradeof" and I need to find myself some new servers :X

Well, at least it's not as bad as having speedhackers and aimbot people, one of which I ran into yesterday and I of course immediately reported him to Valve.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • edited July 2011
    There is a Tribe of Judah Christian Team Fortress 2fort server. I have never been tempted to grief until this day.
    I once joined a Christian Bad Company 2 server and yelled "RISE, LAZARUS!" through the microphone every time I used the paddles.
    Post edited by open_sketchbook on
  • There is a Tribe of Judah Christian Team Fortress 2fort server. I have never been tempted to grief until this day.
    I once joined a Christian Bad Company 2 server and yelled "RISE, LAZARUS!" through the microphone every time I used the paddles.
    DO you people realize that if you go to a server to grief that you are no better than those annoying religious people who shout at you on the streets that you are going to hell sinner.
  • edited July 2011
    Yep. Doesn't change that it's great fun.

Religious people are deluded, and the nature of their delusions are frequently harmful to others. It makes them as much fair game as conspiricy theorists or woo medicine nuts. Constant attempts to be the better man by being respectful and compromising against people who refuse to compromise is exactly what reasonable people should not do. I shouldn't have to be respectful of people who have not earned my respect and who will never respect me, as me and not a censored, filtered me, in return.

Besides, I joined the server to play, and only realized it's religious nature once I was on it. I was still playing the game, just joking while playing it. Some people laughed. Eventually I got banned. Whoo.
    Post edited by open_sketchbook on
  • edited July 2011
    ...I need a tutorial for the level editor. Or like, an list of what it can do, and a video of a sample map to understand the logic behind the placement of stuff in the GUI. Cause so far, these 10 minutes of staring at this thing, trying to figure out why my map results in a black screen in-game have been unsuccessful.
    Post edited by Aria on
  • Latest patch made Pyro suck! D= Reload when idle reloads way too soon now, and the shotgun shoots damn slow now
  • ...I need a tutorial for the level editor. Or like, an list of what it can do, and a video of a sample map to understand the logic behind the placement of stuff in the GUI. Cause so far, these 10 minutes of staring at this thing, trying to figure out why my map results in a black screen in-game have been unsuccessful.
    Oh hey, I can help you with that.
  • An old WoW friend just gave me a free code for a Righteous Bison. >____>
  • edited July 2011
    Problems
    Oh hey, I can help you with that.
    Please do.
    Post edited by Aria on
  • edited July 2011
    ...I need a tutorial for the level editor. Or like, an list of what it can do, and a video of a sample map to understand the logic behind the placement of stuff in the GUI. Cause so far, these 10 minutes of staring at this thing, trying to figure out why my map results in a black screen in-game have been unsuccessful.
    Interlopers is an excellent resource. Look in the "General Half-Life 2" section for the basic tutorials.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • Please do.
    Sure, I assume you have a Steam ID?
    aria_sama (had to look that up =P) but wouldn't it be easier just to go on the geeknights IRC?
  • Aria-sama ga Miteiru..
  • edited July 2011
    aria_sama (had to look that up =P) but wouldn't it be easier just to go on the geeknights IRC?
    Hell if I know.
    But what you are probably forgetting to do is either
    1. Not completely enclosing your space, but if you are then you are
    2. Not including any light objects.
    Post edited by GreyHuge on
  • I didn't realize I had to completely enclose it, or that stuff couldn't be inside of giant boxes, rather than 6 walls.

Now I have spawns for both teams, and a generic player-spawn inside of the only room I have, but when I try and run the level, I still spawn beneath the map. 0,0,0 should be inside of it. Any idea as to why?
  • edited July 2011
    the geeknights IRC?
    There is no FRC IRC server, unless Apreche lost his mind and went back on his opinion.
    Latest patch made Pyro suck!
    What now? Nothing in the update list says anything about the Pyro or auto-reload.
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • edited July 2011
    What now? Nothing in the update list says anything about the Pyro or auto-reload.
    Looks like a quick 101 class is needed.

Also, A bunch of pictures of the TF2 classes drawn as pinups.
    Post edited by Churba on