This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Hockey Thread

Comments

• While I definitely believe in the right to peaceful protest, and as well that force is rarely if ever warranted against political or social protesters, I have zero tolerance for people who riot over sports. If RIT can have the riot police pepperball a crowd to disperse it, any city should come down equally hard on this sort of activity.
  • give that man the $10,000!
  • While I definitely believe in the right to peaceful protest, and as well that force is rarely if ever warranted against political or social protesters, I have zero tolerance for people who riot over sports. If RIT can have the riot police pepperball a crowd to disperse it, any city should come down equally hard on this sort of activity.
    How can you not love a good riot? You don't want to be part of the riot, but you sit on your balcony a few stories up, and watch as the crazy hockey hooligans get beaten by the police.
  • Can someone get me this girl's number?
  • And Boston prior to 2004. We would burn cars and stuff if we lost the world series, but now we've got rid of our curse, so we're cool.
    Red Sox lose the world series prior to 2004?

Hey.

Fuck you.
  • Hey.

Fuck you.
    Oh, it could be worse. You could be a Cubs fan.
  • Hey.

Fuck you.
    Being a Mets fan ain't no chicken dinner.
  • Being a Mets fan ain't no chicken dinner.
    Well, yeah, but this is the fuckin' Cubs I'm talking about here.
  • quote hilarious picture endquote
    At least they won't have to wait 11 years to be rid of the author of their misery.
  • Hey.

Fuck you.
    Seconded... I still can't stand the Mets after that and only regrettably rooted for them in '00 because they were playing the Yankees (lesser of two evils and all that).
    That's true... I admit I was quite disappointed when we didn't get the "Doomsday Series" in '03 between the Cubs and the Red Sox. :(
  • Oh, it could be worse. You could be a Cubs fan.
    I'm a Cubs fan because it's worse. I like to be disappointed in my sports teams, and in that regard, the Cubs are never going to give me up, never going to let me down, never going to run around and desert me. We've been losing for since World War I, the last time we got into the World Series, the Third Reich was both in existence and a formidable foe, and we're not going to give up that record any time soon!
  • edited June 2011
    I'm a Cubs fan because it's worse. I like to be disappointed in my sports teams, and in that regard, the Cubs are never going to give me up, never going to let me down, never going to run around and desert me. We've been losing for since World War I, the last time we got into the World Series, the Third Reich was both in existence and a formidable foe, and we're not going to give up that record any time soon!
    What will happen first. Detroit Lions win the Super Bowl or Cubs win the World Series?
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • I think the Cubs have a better chance at the Super Bowl than the Lions.
  • What will happen first. Detroit Lions win the Super Bowl or Cubs win the World Series?
    You know? I think the Lions will get their time in the sun first.
    The Lions could easily win the World Series before the Cubs.
  • What will happen first. Detroit Lions win the Super Bowl or Cubs win the World Series?
    You know? I think the Lions will get their time in the sun first.
    I agree. They have some surprisingly good young talent right now. Of course, that doesn't guarantee anything, but it does have potential.
  • I agree. They have some surprisingly good young talent right now. Of course, that doesn't guarantee anything, but it does have potential.
    They do have a pretty strong defense right now. But it's not really a Super Bowl championship team. Make the playoffs, definitely possible. Win it all? Odds are almost nil. The cubs have also been equally good in somewhat recent years. They were in the playoffs multiple times. In 2003, 2007 and 2008 they won the NL Central division. They were as even better at baseball then, than the Lions are at football now. They still didn't even win the pennant.
  • The Lions will win the Super Bowl first. It'll take a while, but they're only plagued by incompetence in management, there's super natural forces working against the Cubs.
  • They do have a pretty strong defense right now. But it's not really a Super Bowl championship team. Make the playoffs, definitely possible. Win it all? Odds are almost nil. The cubs have also been equally good in somewhat recent years. They were in the playoffs multiple times. In 2003, 2007 and 2008 they won the NL Central division. They were as even better at baseball then, than the Lions are at football now. They still didn't even win the pennant.
    Yeah, the Lions are not a Super Bowl caliber team right now, but I think they have a good nucleus to build around to get to that point. The Cubs just seem to be constantly imploding for whatever reason.
    The Lions could easily win the World Series before the Cubs.
    And so, a Cunning plan emerges...
  • Mike Richards traded to Los Angeles.
  • Half a day later, and I still can't fathom this shit.

(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻

• (╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
    I get what that is now!!!!
  • It's a guy flipping a table over. You didn't get that immediately?

Are there any other unicode arts of this style?
  • Are there any other unicode arts of this style?
    a couple