This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Hockey Thread

Comments

• Who else is watching the VAN-CHI game tonight? It's probably going to be one of the best games in the entire playoffs.
  • Who else is watching the VAN-CHI game tonight? It's probably going to be one of the best games in the entire playoffs.

No matter how it ends up, I'm going to be a friggin' mess tomorrow morning.
  • An absolute beatdown by the Flyers on the Sabres. 5-2 final, but the first period alone was 16-2 in terms of shots, favoring the Flyers. Buffalo was waving the white flag by pulling Miller after he gave up goal #4.
  • The Hawks have GOT to generate more scoring opportunities. Also, the Flyers game was B-O-R-I-N-G.
  • edited April 2011
    Yeah, I guess smashing an opponent isn't very interesting, unless your team is the one doing the smashing.

And Chicago just tied it with 2 minutes left, shorthanded.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • ASDFOIJHASDL;FKJASDLFKJASDF HAWKS!?! Crawford is in beast mode.
  • Game 7 OT. It doesn't get any better than that, and I have to go to work. Fuck!
  • hawkshawkshawks?
  • Man, Vancouver celebrated like they won the Cup. Great series. Now, DOWN WITH THE PENS TOMORROW!
  • hawkshawkshawks?
    Why do you keep saying that?
  • hawkshawkshawks?
    Why do you keep saying that?
    Really? You have no idea?
  • Fscking Habs... Oh well, game 7 tonight!
  • hawk shawk shawks?
  • Caps-Bolts next round. As much as a Winter Classic rematch would be cool, thank god the Pens are gone.
  • Hate the Pens too, from the very bottom of my gall-bladder, but I think they would have been the Flyers best matchup of the trio available. Well, Boston is definitely beatable, see last season. It will also be a very interesting series because of that.
  • Even if Caps win, all the Pens fans will say you only won because Sid was at home in bed. It will be even worse if he comes back and wins it again next year.
  • Even if Caps win, all the Pens fans will say you only won because Sid was at home in bed. It will be even worse if he comes back and wins it again next year.
    We won the Winter Classic. Pens fans can have sour grapes all they want, I don't care.
  • Hate the Pens too, from the very bottom of my gall-bladder, but I think they would have been the Flyers best matchup of the trio available. Well, Boston is definitely beatable, see last season. It will also be a very interesting series because of that.
    It's a different year and these are different teams. Go Bruins!
  • edited April 2011
    Do have to admit this was an amazing save by Fluery.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Ouch, Simon Gagne got absolutely rocked by Scott Hannan last night, had to be helped off the ice and didn't return to the game afterward. I hope he's alright. With his history of concussions that was not a good hit to take, though I don't think that the it itself was illegal.
  • James van Riemsdyk is an absolute force tonight. And the game is going into heartstopping time. 4AM here.
  • James van Riemsdyk is an absolute force tonight. And the game is going into heartstopping time. 4AM here.
    He was damned good in the game, but the B's still won. Woot!
  • The Bruins just dropped another three goal lead, and again it was Simon Gagne with the game winner to top it off. If he wasn't already, he is now a specter that haunts the nightmares of every Bruins fan and player for all eternity.
  • My poor home team. It's okay Bruins, Simon Gagne will have to die someday.
  • The Thrashers are moving to Winnipeg which means I won't be able to go to see my Caps play now. :(
  • Is it official now, or still "yeah, it's gonna happen, but we're not quite sure when yet"?

Anyway, to steal a joke: The best way to get a franchise in Canada is to start one in Atlanta.
  • Is it official now, or still "yeah, it's gonna happen, but we're not quite sure when yet"?
    It's official.