This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

NEW Anime Season Thread!! a.k.a. Till The Industry DIES!!

Comments

• The show "Ouju-sama say I'm crunchy?!?" seems like it'll be good, Banta.
  • Banta said:

I haven't watched anything since Kill la Kill ended. Someone, hit me with something on Crunchyroll that is good.

This ain't no suggestion thread, ya dick. This is the thread about discussing the upcoming anime season, ya dick. So discuss the upcoming anime season(s) or else, ya dick.

• Well I want something from the recent season(s), so semantics.
  • JoJo Bizarre Adventure.
  • Banta, have you watched Samurai Flamenco yet?
  • Not nine said:

Fall chart

Let's see... Moe, moe, moe, moe, moe, moe, moe, moe...

Looks like a season worth checking out.
  • Daikun said:

Not nine said:

Fall chart

Let's see... Moe, moe, moe, moe, moe, moe, moe, moe...

Looks like a season worth checking out.
    Waiting for a "more more more" cover song to be applied to this.
  • But when is Kunihiko Ikuhara's Lesbian Bear Storm coming out?
  • Summer shows are being releases this month. So far I've seen Rail Wars, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki, Tokyo Ghoul and Bakumatsu Rock.

Rail Wars is about a group of new upstarts working as security for the train company. It's alright I was hoping for a more action type police procedural but with trains. Instead you get the main cast going after purse snatchers. Them training at school was more interesting.

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki is a romance comedy set in high school. The girl has a major crush with a guy in her class who happens to be a shoujo manga artist. Really cute and goofy.

Tokyo Ghoul it's basically a vampire story except instead of drinking blood they eat humans. Main character becomes a ghoul and struggles with his loss of humanity. I was really meh about this one.

Bakumatsu Rock anachronistic pop idols and rock music set in mid 19 century japan. Need I say more. It's dumb but I had fun watching it.

• Nanaka Fight Revolution

Summary: The story centers around High School freshman Nanaka Akimoto who is a closet Otaku but dreams of becoming a video game designer. Upon hearing that the school’s video game club is going to be shut down due to inactivity, she decides to join, take charge, and help the club finish the game it’s been working on since it’s inception: a retro-style fighting game.

Genre: Comedy, High-School, Slice of Life
    Studio: Production I.G.
    Source: Manga
  • Also, Free kicked off it's second season last week.

I think this is officially the point where I storm out of the room JonTron style. "I'm done! I'm fucking done!"

We've hit peak anime bullshit.

I think this is officially the point where I storm out of the room JonTron style. "I'm done! I'm fucking done!"

We've hit peak anime bullshit.

You are aware that's fake, right?

See the Anime Fall Chart image on the previous page.
  • You also act like this plot hasn't been done already.
  • It might not be an anime, but my googling has revealed it is at least a real manga.

Which.

Why.
  • So I learned about Terror in Resonance today, which is simulcasting on FUNimation's website. (First episode is free, future episodes require premium membership.)

So it seems Space Dandy isn't Watanabe's only series this year... (hint hint)
  • It might not be an anime, but my googling has revealed it is at least a real manga.

Which.

Why.

It's precisely what it says on the tin. It's kinda funny. Far from the worst thing I've ever read, and gotta give them credit for a somewhat unique concept.

• It's every male's Otaku dream to embody the mind and body of a little girl. I'm surprised there isn't more media of this kind.
  • It's every male's Otaku dream to embody the mind and body of a little girl. I'm surprised there isn't more media of this kind.

Pretty sure that's because Midori no Hibi already took it above and beyond.
  • I just looked that up. I can't imagine what kind of mindspace that came out of. Maybe a hand puppet fetish or something?
  • I just looked that up. I can't imagine what kind of mindspace that came out of. Maybe a hand puppet fetish or something?

I doubt it was nothing so complicated. I'm pretty sure it came from masturbation.

• It's based off the true story where some guy woke up and found out his right hand became Thing T. Thing.
  • Oh my god. I just discovered "Bento". This is my new guilty pleasure anime.
  • I'll give you one guess as to who is directing this anime:

• Ikuhara? Looks like his style.
  • Banta said:

Ikuhara? Looks like his style.

Congratulations! You win the no-prize!
  • Just what I always wanted!
  • Man, that dude loves him some straight lines and geometric patterns.
  • Is it ok to watch this moe magical girl show if Takashi Murakami made it?

• No, because the 3D animation is crap.