This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

NEW Anime Season Thread!! a.k.a. Till The Industry DIES!!

Comments

• I believed it until Mushishi Season 2, and the use of an image from the Manga for Sailor Moon 2013. A real chart would have one of the screenshots they sent to the press, at least.
  • edited March 2013
    Yandere Kanojo is legit adorable. There are more than a few Manga with the whole "the class rep everyone's afraid of becomes my secret maid" plot.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I believed it until Mushishi Season 2
    Oh wow, I think you might be beyond saving at this point.

Here's Spring 2013 for the lazy.
  • I don't have high expectations for anime. I can call out bullshit easily in many other fields, but not this one.
  • edited March 2013
    Yeah, my bullshit sensors went off with the first one? Watanabe directing a new TV anime for two years in a row? That's a riot.
    Is that a remake of a Gundam show that never existed I see there? Can this one pleeease be fake?
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • I don't have high expectations for anime. I can call out bullshit easily in many other fields, but not this one.
    High expectations have nothing to do with this.
    Yeah, my bullshit sensors went off with the first one? Watanabe directing a new TV anime for two years in a row? That's a riot.
    Not too crazy since he's apparently working on a new show with a new studio. No date yet though so it might still fall into next year.
    Is that a remake of a Gundam show that never existed I see there? Can this one pleeease be fake?
    Wut? Where? There's 38 anime on that list and I don't see any Gundam.
  • People make fake upcoming anime lists? Why?
  • edited March 2013
    People make fake upcoming anime lists? Why?
    Shits and giggles, I guess. To trick people for laughs, and make anime fans who are knowledgeable enough to spot the fakes quickly have a quick laugh.

Post edited by Churba on
    It was funny enough the first time. I don't know why they keep doing it over and over again.
    It was funny enough the first time. I don't know why they keep doing it over and over again.
    To get the people who have never seen the fake charts before. Every season, there will always be someone who has never been gotten before by them.

• The best thing about that list of the Japanese Dub of My Little Pony. (Though apparently there will be a movie about Goku fighting a rabbit)
  • I'm hopeful that Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2099 will be a solid scifi anime series.
  • I'm hopeful that Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2099 will be a solid scifi anime series.
    It's Yamato that isn't being meddled or messed with by "the Nish". Of course it'll be solid.

• Watching the new Jo-Jo Bizarre Adventure it is pretty awesome. But I'm a Jo-Jo Fan. Plus a Yes Closing song ^_^
  • "I don't even have a degree in Mandarin! I just know what food tastes like!"
    Because it's fun to see creative pranks? Also great to be reminded of announced shows without dates.
  • Really only excited for Black Lagoon, GitS, and Eva 3.0
  • edited September 2013
    So I'm guessing Free! is doing pretty well.

By Rym & Scott's definition, this is quite possibly a guy with guns show. Just look at those character descriptions.
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • The weirdest thing I heard about that... is that it's based on drama CDs. How do you hear people wear glasses? Isn't the whole reason to put glasses on a character so they can slide it up their nose, and have their eyes obscured by pure white reflections? How do you make a drama CD about wearing glasses?!? Anyways, apparently the Hanasaku Iroha movie is finally getting released outside theatres and supposedly it's about Ohana's mother when she was young. If that's true my cock is so fucking hard and ready. If not, there's always Winter season.
  • Daaanng Yuji be pimpin'
  • Don't get ahead of yourself. There's still Fall season's Harlock movie (queue Greg being totally psyched).
  • edited September 2013
    Don't get ahead of yourself. There's still Fall season's Harlock movie (cue Greg being totally psyched).
    Also a new Hajime no Ippo, for people who like endless shounen sports anime (me).
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • I'm surprised they are doing Gun Gale Online. I felt like the novel wasn't as good as the second novel which wasn't as good as the first. And they basically cut the crap out of the first two to make the first anime.
  • I'm surprised they are doing Gun Gale Online. I felt like the novel wasn't as good as the second novel which wasn't as good as the first. And they basically cut the crap out of the first two to make the first anime.
    You might want to look at that chart a little closer. Or just check who posted it.
  • edited September 2013
    I'm surprised they are doing Gun Gale Online. I felt like the novel wasn't as good as the second novel which wasn't as good as the first. And they basically cut the crap out of the first two to make the first anime.
    You might want to look at that chart a little closer. Or just check who posted it.
    Stop ruining my hopes, I'm totally looking forward to "When my little sister reached her rebellious phase I compelled her with the power of Satan."

That said, Space Dandy is a real thing. And it looks FUCKIN' GREAT.

Post edited by Churba on
  • I think my favourite thing about Space Dandy (apart from, well, everything) is that each week will feature new aliens created by different designers. Sounds like apart from just being a funky, kickass comedy, this series will also just be a great showcase for the work of various artists. I think Watanabe said they have over a hundred different designs ready to go already.
  • Also, the Main chap looks like he could be Sweet JP's little cousin.
  • Also, the Main chap looks like he could be Sweet JP's little cousin.
    My exact initial reaction was "Is he supposed to be JP?"
  • "Space Dandy is a dandy guy in the space." might be my new favorite butchered english phrase.
  • I wouldn't call it butchered, it's just the extra article that they messed up. That said, I do really like the idea of "the space".