This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

NEW Anime Season Thread!! a.k.a. Till The Industry DIES!!

Comments

• Dragonball is the best Dragonball. Had more humour at least. Z and GT dragged on, very repetitive.
  • video
    GET HYPE

HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE
  • If you are not watching JoJo's Bizzare Adventure: Star Cruzaders you are missing on the most epic adventures/ Battles.
  • Erwin said:

If you are not watching JoJo's Bizzare Adventure: Star Cruzaders you are missing on the most epic adventures/ Battles.

My friends and I just started phantom blood last night, we weren't ready for the epicness that followed. I really like the pacing. it felt like it covered what some animes would have taken three or four episodes in only one episode.
  • Tomovasky said:

Erwin said:

If you are not watching JoJo's Bizzare Adventure: Star Cruzaders you are missing on the most epic adventures/ Battles.

My friends and I just started phantom blood last night, we weren't ready for the epicness that followed. I really like the pacing. it felt like it covered what some animes would have taken three or four episodes in only one episode.
    The pacing slows down a lot in Stardust Crusaders with it's stand user of the week formula.

• Apsup said:

Tomovasky said:

Erwin said:

The pacing slows down a lot in Stardust Crusaders with it's stand user of the week formula.

Battle Tendency might be the best of the three series. Joesph Joestar is just the best character ever. Although Stardust Crusaders is more prolific, I feel that he under-utilizes too many of his resources. Araki has his own storytelling tropes and trademarks, but I think he uses them the best so far in Battle Tendency.
  • Nukerjsr said:

Apsup said:

Tomovasky said:

Erwin said:

Battle Tendency might be the best of the three series. Joesph Joestar is just the best character ever. Although Stardust Crusaders is more prolific, I feel that he under-utilizes too many of his resources. Araki has his own storytelling tropes and trademarks, but I think he uses them the best so far in Battle Tendency.
    What do you mean? It's not like he forgot about hamon for the majority of the series of anything.

That was sarcasm
  • Jojo's is offensive to mine eyes, and I fucking hated that god damned dog.
  • Jojo's is offensive to mine eyes, and I fucking hated that god damned dog.

RIT anime club had a "manly showcase" with a bunch of individual episodes from different shows, and one was a dog-heavy Jojo's episode with very little fighting. Fuck that dog.
  • Ikatono said:

Jojo's is offensive to mine eyes, and I fucking hated that god damned dog.

RIT anime club had a "manly showcase" with a bunch of individual episodes from different shows, and one was a dog-heavy Jojo's episode with very little fighting. Fuck that dog.
    You stop hating that dog when you watch him fight against the hawk with ice powers.
  • Nukerjsr said:

Ikatono said:

Jojo's is offensive to mine eyes, and I fucking hated that god damned dog.

You stop hating that dog when you watch him fight against the hawk with ice powers.
    Iggy kicks so much ass on that episode!

• edited July 2015
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • I wouldn't mind them making a sequel. Set the story when Naota is just starting college as freshman and Haruko comes back to Earth for mysterious reason.
  • My body is ready for bad guys to get punched a very small number of times.
  • That rocked.
  • Good intro. At first I thought "that Lupin has a ton of hair on his hand" but then I looked at my own hand and realized that if all if the individual hairs on my hand were given their own linework, I'd probably look worse.
  • That's a little sad. Their recent output was kinda bad, but they were willing to give weird ideas a chance.

Still, I think "Guillotine Gorilla" is going to stick with me for a very long time.
  • You can now get punched once on Hulu.
  • Apreche said:

You can now get punched once on Hulu.

Now, I have good anime to watch after work this season.

Also, Yowamushi Pedal Season 3 was just announced :D
  • Apreche said:

You can now get punched once on Hulu.

• I have things to say about that project. Things I will say on the next Wednesday GeekNights.