This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

NEW Anime Season Thread!! a.k.a. Till The Industry DIES!!

Comments

• Tone down the mascots and remove the excessive butts and it might be an interesting experiment.
  • Holy shit. That 3-D animation was so cringe-worthy...
  • I would watch the crap out of this anime if it ever gets made:

PS. I am currently looking for the anime that this references to.
  • Rocky Chuck, the Mountain Rat (aka Fables of the Green Forest.).
  • There are also three other anime from Shirobako I'd watch: Exodus, Third Aerial Girls, and Gothloli Baseball.
  • The opening scenes in which Ema gets her drawings back after review we can see on the back ground an anime that I watched as a child. Not the greatest shoujo in the world but a good watch. Those character designs freak me out though.
  • I just love everything about Shirobako. It's such a good show, easily in my top five for the year, if not the top spot despite how early on it is.
  • edited March 2015
    Someone is about to get PUNCHED exactly ONE TIME!

EDIT: This anime is so strong that even the YouTube comments on that trailer are good!
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • O look it's the man with no flammin' 'air!

• Broth, broth, broth.
  • I'm kind of excited to check that one out. I hope it's not shit.
  • It's very shounen, almost up there with Yowapeda in how shounen it is, with all the benefits and drawbacks that entails.
  • Banta said:

It's very shounen, almost up there with Yowapeda in how shounen it is, with all the benefits and drawbacks that entails.

This is the shounen version of gourmet girl graffiti.

Also, I thank the heavens that I never saw a person climaxing while riding a bicycle in Yowapeda.

• edited March 2015
    The most fanservicey manga I've ever read is getting an anime.

This isn't going to end well.

Edit: To be fair, most think that Prison School was done as a "Fuck you." to mainstream audiences who didn't like Me and the Devil Blues, the author's previous work that got canned because it wasn't popular enough. It's basically a massive cash-in that succeeded in getting Me and the Devil Blues un-canned last year.
    Post edited by Banta on
  • Hey, can people help find the best fake anime charts? The ones people are making lately that I can find on Google aren't as amazing as the ones I've seen in the past.
  • By "people" do you mean "Nine", and by "I've seen in the past" do you mean "Nine posted here in the past"?
  • I started this fake anime blog a while back, but didn't do much with it.
  • So I watched a bunch of shows this last weekend.

Dai Machi?: Nothing great. Harem show? Started off seemingly interesting... plot goes absolutely nowhere.

Shokugeki no Souma: Hilarious, fan service heavy, I'm done with it.

Owari no Seraph: Well the first episode grabbed my attention. Will see where this is going.

Gunslinger Stratos: So fucking generic.

Fate/Stay Night: Same old thing. No better, no worse.

Plastic Memories: Welp, I has a sad. Will watch at least one more to see if it's formulaic.

Arslan: I'm going to keep up with this because of the reputation, but the first episode did not sell me.
  • This made my day. Thank you, Japan.
  • I just skimmed the actual Spring chart, and is it just me or does this season look incredibly weak? Well, apart from OMG NEW DIGIMON. But that's just one show, and there's nothing else popping out at me.

Looking in more detail, there may be:
    Gunslinger Stratos: It's apparently based on an Urobuchi story, so it may be worth a 2-3 episode test
    Houkago no Pleiades is a Magical Girl show (which I'm a sucker for) and has the director from FLCL, so I'll give in an episode.
    Also yay GitS Arise rehash, another chance to watch more Ghost in the Shell, but it's not really novel.
    If Arslan's got that good of a reputation I might give it a shot.

Everything else looks generic as hell.
  • After watching the trailer. Kekkai Sensen ( Blood Blockade Battlefront) might be a decent shonen show. Studio Bones is producing it.

• New Lupin anime. YES! YES! YES!
  • Apreche said:
    I will check on the manga, maybe it would be a surprise.
  • The power of moe friendship wins the race.
  • Dragon Ball is officially zombified.

Sure, they've had a few new movies over the past few years, but now it has a new series.
  • I wish they would make it more like Dragon Ball and less like DragonBall Z/GT. More wacky Toriyama Dr. Slump-style comedy, less grunting and powering up.
  • Apreche said:

I wish they would make it more like Dragon Ball and less like DragonBall Z/GT. More wacky Toriyama Dr. Slump-style comedy, less grunting and powering up.

It's way too late to turn back for that. It's a continuation of Z and has enemies stronger than Buu OH MY GOD WE MUST BUFF OUR MUSCLES FOR ETERNITY!