This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Drugs...well, tacos.

Comments

• edited April 2008
    It's like an ice cream truck except they sell tacos.
    That sounds like the most awesome thing ever. Does it play "La cucaracha" instead of the standard ice cream song?

EDIT: This is my favorite kind of taco.
    Post edited by Double Z on
  • It's like an ice cream truck except they sell tacos.
    Up here, we not only have those, be we also have Chinese Food Trucks and Gyro Trucks.
    /used to work in a medical area.
    //You'd be surprised how little medical professionals care about what they eat if they can get back to work faster
  • we also have Chinese Food Trucks.
    FUCK BOSTON! I want a chinese truck. WAAAH!
  • It's like an ice cream truck except they sell tacos.
    That sounds like the most awesome thing ever. Does it play "La cucaracha" instead of the standard ice cream song?

EDIT:Thisis my favorite kind of taco.
    No it doesn't play a song. Also your stomach wont think it's awesome.

That pick is not a taco! What is it?
  • Taco Truck? what is that? is that a restaurant or is that eating tacos off a truck?
    It's like an ice cream truck except they sell tacos. Very common in Hyattsville but no where else in PG county I think.
    I think that's what's commonly referred to as the "roach coach". I used to work construction, and those things were a blessing and a curse.
  • edited April 2008
    That pick is not a taco! What is it?
    Heh, right, I meant my favorite kind of meat for tacos. It's called "Trompo"
    Post edited by Double Z on
  • Its called "Trompo"
    Doesn't that mean "spinning" or something?
  • Its called "Trompo"
    Doesn't that mean "spinning" or something?
    Well it does look like a top.
  • This is a "trompo."

It's called like that because the meat is shaped like that when it's being cooked.
  • I tend to keep sad thoughts to myself.
    *glare*

On the original topic, that is 'Drugs', it's legal here. To some extent. Saw a guy a few years back on TV who grew his own drugs, because he needed it for medical reasons.

As for the new topic, that is 'Tacos', hmmmmmm~
  • On drugs - I walked into the house of The Girlfriend's best friend (and her parents) Live in last time I was in the UK, and I notice a lot of greenery about. An unusual amount. And it smelled slightly fragrant. This story goes exactly where you think it does - every single fucking plant was Weed. I asked The Girlfriend, she just looked at me, shrugged, and said, verbatim - "Sweetie, Its Leeds. You'll get used to it."

On Tacos - I've never had a taco in my life, though I have it on fairly good authority that it's nearly impossible to get a decent taco in my city. Kebabs(The wrapped ones, not the on-a-stick ones) Kick arse, though. I swear to god, I can think of and locate at least 15 Kebab shops around my city that either open all night, or close at 6 or seven PM, and then open again at 2:30 AM, an hour before the pubs and clubs close.
  • On drugs: I tried some pot fudge once, as a promise to my younger brother. Didn't really do anything for me. Otherwise, I'm drug-free (well, OK, alcohol is a drug, but you know what I mean). I have a ton of sad stories involving family members and their drug abuse problems, but in the interests of not making this thread depressing, let's just say I've had plenty of examples of why NOT to do drugs.

On tacos: My favorite tacos are made by these guys. They're not exactly "authentic," but they're goddamn good. The jerk pork tacos are sublime.

If I want authentic Mexican, I don't order tacos. We actually have several authentic Mexican restaurants around Albany; El Mariachi makes great food. They serve tacos, but why bother ordering tacos at a place like that when you can have more interesting food?
  • On tacos: My favorite tacos are made bythese guys.They're not exactly "authentic," but they're goddamn good. The jerk pork tacos are sublime.
    Rasta fries ftw!
  • My area has a high concentration of people of Puerto Rican descent. There is no shortage of authentic Latin food here, and I love it. They never call the food Puerto Rican, though. They always call it Mexican. Maybe they have low national self-esteem. At any rate, once you go carnitas slathered with pico de galo, there's no going back.
  • Drugs disguised as tacos?
    Tacos disguised as drugs?

"Dammit, Dwayne, that's not marijuana, those are sweet delicious chalupas!"

"Curse you Taco Stand Guy! *munch munch* I will not be fooled a third time!"
  • Bombers is amazing, their burritos are as big as my head!
  • One of my physics professors in college would come in, pull a bottle of Nyquil from his briefcase, insert a straw, and just sip Nyquil all through his lecture.
  • Bombers is amazing, their burritos are as big as my head!
    Do you live in the Capital District?
  • I don't really like tacos. I like burritos better. Cow tongue burritos even better. My favorite thing to do is to go to a hole in the wall Mexican restaurant and try to order it off the menu. More likely they would be happy to oblige.
  • On the subject of drugs: one of my uncles died of an overdose, my grandpa died of lung cancer from smoking, and my dad used to be an alcoholic. I have decided to stay away from all drugs and possibly only drink wine on special occasions.

On the subject of tacos: Chevy's has some great tacos! Oh, I find it particularly hilarious that Taco Bell is healthier than Chipotle.
  • I'll admit that I do enjoy my alcohol, and my tacos.
  • My sister was once questioned by the police because she and her boyfriend were growing hemp on our balcony. However, that hemp was industrial hemp which is used for fiber and they bought the seeds in a regular flower shop in the area. We are still wondering which of our neighbors was so offended by the sight of a single hemp plant that they sent the police after them.
  • edited April 2008
    After high school, I came out of my "goody-two-shoes" cocoon and had some wonderful years of being a party girl. I smoked weed mostly, however on a few occasions I've done X (rave girl phase) and done shrooms, once. I don't regret doing any of them. I had some pretty fun times.

At parties, I was known as the chug champ. I've been compared to that guy on the Man Show that downs beers in a flash. I've won many competitions and money challenging college guys thinking they can chug faster than me. ^^

The party girl phase has been over for many years. I rarely drink, but I do remember those times as fun times.

As for Tacos, I'm a big fan of Del Taco. Also a few local shops and their tacos. When tacos get served with cilantro, it automatically makes it a win.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • At parties, I was known as the chug champ. I've been compared to that guy on the Man Show that downs beers in a flash. I've won many competitions and money challenging college guys thinking they can chug faster than me. ^^
    Oh The Fox, how we miss him.
  • At parties, I was known as the chug champ. I've been compared to that guy on the Man Show that downs beers in a flash. I've won many competitions and money challenging college guys thinking they can chug faster than me. ^^
    I don't think any girl in the world has ever said anything hotter than that...
  • When tacos get served with cilantro, it automatically makes it a win.
    Agreed. I freakin' love cilantro,
  • After high school, I came out of my "goody-two-shoes" cocoon and had some wonderful years of being a party girl. I smoked weed mostly, however on a few occasions I've done X (rave girl phase) and done shrooms, once. I don't regret doing any of them. I had some pretty fun times.

At parties, I was known as the chug champ. I've been compared to that guy on the Man Show that downs beers in a flash. I've won many competitions and money challenging college guys thinking they can chug faster than me. ^^

The party girl phase has been over for many years. I rarely drink, but I do remember those times as fun times.

As for Tacos, I'm a big fan of Del Taco. Also a few local shops and their tacos. When tacos get served with cilantro, it automatically makes it a win.
    Fun fact: Shrooms are less toxic than Aspirin.
  • Fun fact: Shrooms are less toxic than Aspirin.
    That is interesting.

The only thing I remember about being on shrooms was that is was just freaking hilarious. I drank it in a tea thing, and we were watching MAD TV. When funny stuff came up, I would want to laugh at that moment, but I couldn't laugh till like one minute later. Also the walls were moving. That was actually pretty cool

(And the snozzberries tasted like snozzberries ^_~)
  • I'm don't take ramps often, only when I'm around friends.

But shrooms, well, let's just say that those in the counter are not for spaghetti. ^_~
  • Fun fact: Shrooms are less toxic than Aspirin.
    That sounds like the same bullshit people always spread. Got a source? Or does "weed, like, totally make you a better driver, man" also?