This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Drugs...well, tacos.

Comments

• First time I smoked pot was with an apple bong in my coworker's car. I was coughing for five minutes after my first hit. Then later I was hearing voices in my house.

I didn't even get particularly hungry.
  • edited March 2012
    While I cannot say many drugs I can say I am for at least marijuana being legal and prostitution. Not that I want to partake in either really but if they are regulated at least it is much safer to acquire/partake in them.
    This. I went on a tour of some Rochester drug houses once, and the drug trade is incredibly gang-controlled, at least on the East Coast. In California (at least northern CA), it's effectively legal, to the point where cops wouldn't say anything if they walked by you sitting in the park passing a joint among friends.
    All of the dealers I know are hippies, farmers, scientists, and people who sell bud because they didn't like being in a gang. That probably has to do with living in a really rural area, though. Personally, I like weed; it puts me in a creative, analytical, lateral thinking mood. I like to smoke and watch Shakespeare, listen to complex music, read Kurt Vonnegut, study biology, and have creative writing jams with my friends. The worst thing that can possibly happen is getting stoned with dumb people, at which point I start ignoring everyone and get lost in my own head for a while.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • @DKong: Your story is pretty much exactly what happened with my friend Jereme and me a little while after I started smoking. Like you, I didnt change a whole bunch by any means (i mean more than anyone really would over the course of college) except mainly for extreme inability to get mad at little shit. I know Pete and Wyatt agree it wasnt a bad thing to lose Jereme as a friend, tho. There were plenty of other things that made us grow apart, from things as banal as me not being into WoW any more, to him being seemingy mad (or something, idk honestly) that I started dating someone.

I also get that sometimes w/ friends playing me off as some kind of extreme stoner, when I smoke about as often as you... well much less these days actually. Its sometimes half friendly picking, and half not really getting it. Theres still so much stigma surrounding weed from back when it was demonized as a commie/counter culture anarchist hippie drug, and really no solid information about it cause of how hard it is to perform relevant studies.

Also, side note, the current state of weed in most US states and the crime surrounding it pretty much parallels 20s prohibition and the rise of organized crime. I think Its really socially irresponsible for a govt to ban access to harmless things to consenting adults, and it sucks that conservative ethics get universally legitimized w/ this sort of thing.
  • Also, if you havent read this yet do it!! http://boingboing.net/2009/10/07/carl-sagan-spaced-ou.html

My man...
  • The one thing I would like for the Finish fast food industry to import from the US is burritos. We don't have anything like chipotle over here.
  • Jesus I didnt even realize this thread is 4 years old heh.
  • Jesus I didn't realize a lot of things. Jesus II however...
  • Jesus II is dead. Long live Jesus II.
  • Idea: A Christian boy band called Jesus II Men.
  • Jesus I didnt even realize this thread is 4 years old heh.
    Probably all the pot.

• I just emerged from a cocoon made of dank nugs. What year is it......
  • edited March 2012
    The one thing I would like for the Finish fast food industry to import from the US is burritos. We don't have anything like chipotle over here.
    I love Mexican food and all related cuisine! Lately the big thing is fusion tacos. Mix Korean or Japanese food with taco or burrito style and sell it from a truck. I had Japanese tacos today, and okonomiyaki tater tots, which had nacho cheese, tomato, mayonnaise, okonomi sauce, and fish flakes. All you pot smoking people in this thread, you would probably really like that for munchies.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • RymRym
    edited March 2012
    Korean taco is best taco!

Japanese hot dog is best hot dog!
    Post edited by Rym on
  • Korean taco is best taco!

Japanese hot dog is best hot dog!
    When me and my family were in Munich, my dad and a friend went for Thai food in Munich. I didn't eat it (in part because I would've known better), but from what I hear it was awful. This also applies to Chinese in Dublin.
  • I think we need drug tacos. Like cocaine on a doritos locos.
  • Japanese hot dog is best hot dog!
    What do they put on their hot dogs? If Celery Salt isn't on that list, it's not a hot dog. It's heresy against the Emperor.
  • My favorite is the one with grated daikon radish and soy sauce.
    Also, I like okonomiyaki toppings on everything, including hot dogs.
  • I used to date this German-Mexican girl who used to make some killer fusion tacos. Man, they were amazing, and at risk of sounding shallow, that's the only thing I miss about her.
  • Holy shit, a German taco sounds incredible. I am so hungry all of a sudden.
  • My Mom makes the best home made tacos. I hadn't really thought about mixing asian cuisine with tacos. Some experimenting might be necessary.
  • We thought of doing finnish japanese fusion food, e.g. susi only it's mashed potatoes and a sausage piece rolled into a cabbage leaf.
  • We thought of doing finnish japanese fusion food, e.g. susi only it's mashed potatoes and a sausage piece rolled into a cabbage leaf.
    I heartily approve of this.

piirakka (not entirely sure I got the spelling right) would be pretty easy as a base food.
  • Taco Bell should make taco shells with hash oil cooked into them so that stoners will just keep eating them even more.
  • edited March 2012
    Taco Bell needs to do nothing really to keep stoners eating. Stoners with munchies care more about quantity than quality. When $20 can get more than 20+ items from a place then it is heaven to a stoner.
    Post edited by canine224 on
  • Emily, what's this amazing Japanese taco place? It sounds good.
    I think we need drug tacos. Like cocaine on a doritos locos.
    Ew. Most drugs + food combinations are horrible. However, I did have some amazing homemade pot-baclava once.
  • edited March 2012
    Emily, what's this amazing Japanese taco place? It sounds good.
    I think we need drug tacos. Like cocaine on a doritos locos.
    Ew. Most drugs + food combinations are horrible. However, I did have some amazing homemade pot-baclava once.
    Psilocybin Pizza! Takes like peanuts!
    Post edited by Vhdblood on
  • Not to promote veganism but vegan hash brownies are far superior to regular ones. I think it has to do with milk being a flavor dilutant or something.