This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Dating

Comments

• I treat texts identically to IMs. They're just two different ways of sending the same data. I see both on my phone and any PC I'm logged into, so there's no real difference.
  • I use GTalk pretty much exclusively so that I can continue a conversation on my phone from my computer.
  • edited October 2012
    That's an extreme and unfair comparison, muppet. I wasn't saying that all men will be assholes. I'm saying that sometimes people don't want to go down similar paths they've been. Not responding is a way to avoid confrontation.
    Post edited by Ametto on
  • I've been known to ignore IMs, texts, e-mails, and Facebook messages for over a week out of sheer absent-mindedness.
  • I've been known to ignore IMs, texts, e-mails, and Facebook messages for over a week out of sheer absent-mindedness.
  • I use GTalk pretty much exclusively so that I can continue a conversation on my phone from my computer.
    I would, but I don't have a magical internet phone.
  • IF you're feeling pretty trig with the DIY, then you could just pick up a copy of Entertainment weekly. They have cheap android smartphones embedded in them this week/month. Grab an aftermarket case that fits, screw that puppy in, put in a new SIM, and you're good to go.
  • Grizzly Bear Girl and I are still on. We're both mad busy, and she just couldn't respond to the text when she got it. She was super apologetic when I ran into her today; tentatively doing things next week or the week after.

Feels pretty good, man.
  • Grizzly Bear Girl and I are still on. We're both mad busy, and she just couldn't respond to the text when she got it. She was super apologetic when I ran into her today; tentatively doing things next week or the week after.

Feels pretty good, man.
    Sweet, now use this experience to temper your next freakout the NEXT time she's slow responding. :-)

• 'Kay. Still mad tense over having to wait a week to hit her back, though.
  • Went out to dinner with Violin Girl tonight. It went very smoothly and pleasantly.
  • Went out to dinner with Violin Girl tonight. It went very smoothly and pleasantly.

No, she had to go to her violin quartet practice.

• Cool. Did they all touch your penis, then?
  • Cool. Did they all touch your penis, then?
    They played it with their bows. It had an excellent tone.
  • Your knowledge of the music-making potential of penises is...Incorrect.
  • edited October 2012
    Your knowledge of the music-making potential of penises is...Incorrect.
    You say that, but you underestimate my skill at playing the male organ.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • You'll have to show me sometime.

WINK

WINK
    A dangerous comment to make, since I'd be quite happy to.

WINK
    A dangerous comment to make, since I'd be quite happy to.
    He's a master of both the skin flute and the banjo string.
  • It's like a one-man Deliverance.
  • I am aware, 'tis why the joke is amusing.
  • "I've dated fat chicks before...it's an acquired taste." -my friend Boyd.
  • :\
    The man's just being honest. I wouldn't date a fat girl. You can chastise me for shallowness if you'd like, but it's just something that's a dealbreaker for me.

• It's cool, send 'em my way. As long as they're not, like, 300 pounds. That's the land of medical/emotional problems. Or a freakishly tall female powerlifter.

• I guess it depends on...What someone means by fat? A curvier girl high on the weight end (and technically considered overweight) can be very attractive. But obesity or misplaced weight, someone who is too heavy for their body type, yeah...Not attractive.
  • It's all about proportions. Curves with the donk? Play ball. Beer gut? No thanks.

And yes, unfortunately, I have met college-age girls with beer bellies. It's some scandalous shit, sirs.
  • "If you wanna be happy
    For the rest of your life,
    Never make a pretty woman your wife,
    So from my personal point of view,
    Get an ugly girl to marry you."

Some of those oldie songs are kinda offensive :-p
  • It's all about proportions. Curves with the donk? Play ball. Beer gut? No thanks.

And yes, unfortunately, I have met college-age girls with beer bellies. It's some scandalous shit, sirs.
    Yeah...I basically agree.