This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

California Supreme Court Overturns Gay Marriage Ban

Comments

• Come on, FRCF. I had a good feeling about this, I even told ya so!
  • Scott Rubin can now Get Married!!!!!!!!!
    That's the best gif.
  • Oh hey America, I see you're slowly but steadily starting to reach to the point where Western Europe was half a decade ago. Keep it up.
  • @Joe: Perhaps while we're working on this, you can work on freedom of the press.
  • @Joe: Perhaps while we're working on this, you can work on freedom of the press.
    I've been trying to search for a country that has all the freedoms. So far I haven't found one. Every country has at least a few oppressive things. If someone knows of a country that doesn't have any, and also has fast Internets, let me know so I can move there.
    I've been trying to search for a country that has all the freedoms. So far I haven't found one. Every country has at least a few oppressive things. If someone knows of a country that doesn't have any, and also has fast Internets, let me know so I can move there.
    Somalia? It's a libertarian's paradise!
  • Well, at least some people are taking it well...Same sex marraige legalized in New York
  • edited June 2011
    Oh, I love it when the Catholic Cannibals are talking about the historic value of marriage, like in the Bible where people have 12 wives and such, or when back in the day the Catholic church was opposed to marriage altogether, because the love for a woman would take away from a man's love for his god (still the reason why catholic ministers can not marry).
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Oh, I love it when the Catholic Cannibals are talking about the historic value of marriage, like in the Bible where people have 12 wives and such, or when back in the day the Catholic church was opposed to marriage altogether, because the love for a woman would take away from a man's love for his god (still the reason why catholic ministers can not marry).
    Also, this -
  • Somalia? It's a libertarian's paradise!
    No fast Internets. Does Somalia have any Internets?
  • edited June 2011
    No fast Internets. Does Somalia have any Internets?
    According to Forbes, telecommunications are one of the biggest industries in somalia, and they have some of the most technologically advanced and well-priced internet services in the world.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I hear you can also pick up boats on the cheap down there.
  • Buy your tickets now!
  • According to Forbes, telecommunications are one of the biggest industries in somalia, and they have some of the most technologically advanced and competitively priced internet services in the world.
    It's possible that it's one of the biggest industries because there aren't many industries. That's like a goldfish being the biggest creature in an ocean of plankton. I'll even believe it's cheap since it would have to be for Somalians to afford it. But technologically advanced is hard to swallow.
  • It's possible that it's one of the biggest industries because there aren't many industries. That's like a goldfish being the biggest creature in an ocean of plankton. I'll even believe it's cheap since it would have to be for Somalians to afford it. But technologically advanced is hard to swallow.
    Don't look at me, dude, I'm just telling you what Forbes said. I'm as surprised as you are.
  • It's possible that it's one of the biggest industries because there aren't many industries. That's like a goldfish being the biggest creature in an ocean of plankton. I'll even believe it's cheap since it would have to be for Somalians to afford it. But technologically advanced is hard to swallow.
    Don't look at me, dude, I'm just telling you what Forbes said. I'm as surprised as you are.
    Link it at least.
  • damn, NYC crew, if you weren't at some gay night club or whatever you were probably missing out on some epic partying. You guys missed a great fun time. I was hanging out at a Italian restaurant where the local gay community frequents on Friday nights and filled them in on the news. They were extremely happy. It was nice to see their reactions.
  • This is awesome! Now I can start fucking that turtle!
  • edited June 2011
    gay marriage
    The last post is an epic fail for the original poster.... Not sure if that will disappear.

//Disappeared, not a big surprise ^_^*
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • Dear Catholic Church:
    Newsflash, you do not get a say in government. We do not care if you disapprove of gay marriage or not. We all know you hate the idea, but again, you control your sheep, not the rest of the country. You can take your anti-human opinions and kindly blow the out your collective, funny-hat-wearing, altar-boy-buggering asses. The fact that my state upset you by giving human rights to more people makes me ecstatic.
    In conclusion; Suck it, Catholics.
    :drops mic, spreads arms, walks off stage:
  • edited June 2011
    FUCK THAT NOISE, THEY CAN CRY MOAR.

WHO WANTS TO COME TO MY WEDDING? FUCK YEAH YOU ALL DO.

And thanks for making this video, Scott, it pretty much sums up my feelings since last night.
    Post edited by loltsundere on
  • @Scott: Screengrabbed for posterity though. I'd post that shit all over Facebook.
    @Judith: You and Natalie getting married? That sounds kinda....gay.
  • 2011 and only 6 out of 50 states have legalized gay marriage? America, I am disapoint.

That said...

• edited June 2011
    Congratulations NY. I will now think slightly less horrible things about you.
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • Not to be a dick, but by 2005 13 out of 13 Canadian provinces and territories had legalized gay marriage...still too late.
  • There were people showing all sorts of gay pride in Manhattan today. Literally one out of every 15 people had some sort of gay pride flag, banner, garment, etc. Recall that this is Manhattan, 1/15th is a LOT. It was pretty fucking cool.