This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Long hairstyles for Men

1235»

Comments

• a) I don't thinking preferring long hair says anything about my intelligence or my sanity.
    b) Any girl who wouldn't want to go out with me because I have long hair isn't a girl I would ever want to be with. Not mentioning that I already have one.
    c) I'm a student who lives for playing music! I don't think I have to take into consideration how I look to become a loan.

Though I understand having long hair often gives a bad impression, I think that's really sad. Why shouldn't I have a job just because my hair is long? I don't really see any point in arguing if long hair is better or "intelligent". I didn't even ask for that. Remember:
    Any ideas how I could "style" my hair without looking too much like a girl or looking like an emo?
    But thank you, it's interesting to read all of your opinions.
  • Sounds like catalog copy. :)
    I strongly suspect that the "thin delicate line" of kitten heels is lost on most men, and that the ete engagement peeptoes evoke is mostly. "Ah, squashed toes. Those shoes look uncomfortable and/or unsanitary."
    They're not FOR you.
    I agree. I think they're to impress other women. That isn't the way they're usually positioned, though.
    Also, I do not dress to appeal to a man's taste (except my husband's occasionally - but that is more in the bedroom than out of it); I dress to appeal to my own tastes, and I think most people on this forum feel the same way.
    So then the eye catching appeal of peep toes is that you find yourself looking at your own feet more when wearing them? :)
    I like the way I look in them. I am not looking at my shoes or my self more often, but when I do, I consider myself to look nicer, more put together , etc. All clothes are costumes. I just like playing different parts on different days.
  • my husband likes my short hair
    I'm not saying that he doesn't like your hair. However, your husband will like your hair no matter what style you put it in. Even if you did do some crazy style that was obviously bad, like a reverse mohawk( shaved bald down the middle), he would never say so. Asking a husband if they like your hair is no different than asking if you look fat.
  • my husband likes my short hair
    I'm not saying that he doesn't like your hair. However, your husband will like your hair no matter what style you put it in. Even if you did do some crazy style that was obviously bad, like a reverse mohawk( shaved bald down the middle), he would never say so. Asking a husband if they like your hair is no different than asking if you look fat.
    Adam has and continues to tell me when something doesn't look nice on me. I sometimes ignore his opinion or disagree, but we are honest with each other.
  • Adam has and continues to tell me when something doesn't look nice on me. I sometimes ignore his opinion or disagree, but we are honest with each other.
    That's good. You should teach something to the wives of these old men here.
  • edited July 2008
    Adam has and continues to tell me when something doesn't look nice on me. I sometimes ignore his opinion or disagree, but we are honest with each other.
    I would rather avoid looking like an idiot, if at all possible, so I appreciate his honest thoughts on my appearance, actions, etc. We both want the best from each other and of each other, so honesty and good natured critique are helpful. However, be careful that the critique is helpful and said with good intent.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • That's good. You should teach something to the wives of these old men here.
    Wait a minute. My wife quite often asks what I think of an outfit, and I give her nothing but candid answers.
    Wait a minute. My wife quite often asks what I think of an outfit, and I give her nothing but candid answers.
    Maybe he means at his workplace?
    I think this hearkens back to one of the "Unwritten Rules of Scott", i.e. all persons older than Scott are not as smart as Scott.
  • edited July 2008
    I think this hearkens back to one of the "Unwritten Rules of Scott", i.e. all persons older than Scott are not as smart as Scott.
    I am younger than him, and by that reasoning, he would consider me smarter than him, and - believe me- he doesn't. I think he is commenting on something I have observed with people of all ages, and that is that they cleave to people that they do not like or respect and that have poor communication with their significant other.
  • edited July 2008
    I am younger than him, and by that reasoning, he would consider me smarter than him.
    No, that falls under another Rule, i.e. all persons younger than Scott are not as smart as Scott.

Both Rules are really just subsections of the Rule which states that, "No Person, living or dead, is as smart as Scott."
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • edited July 2008
    "Unwritten Rules of Scott"
    1.All persons older than Scott are not as smart as Scott.
    2.All persons younger than Scott are not as smart as Scott.
    3.No Person, living or dead, is as smart as Scott.
    ROFL to the max.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • "Unwritten Rules of Scott"
    1.All persons older than Scott are not as smart as Scott.
    2.All persons younger than Scott are not as smart as Scott.
    3.No Person, living or dead, is as smart as Scott.
    ROFL to the max.
    Fixed! And yes, awesome stuff Jiisan.
    1. No person, living or dead, is as smart as Scott Rubin.
    1a. All persons older than Scott Rubin are not as smart as Scott Rubin.
    1b. All persons younger than Scott Rubin are not as smart as Scott Rubin.
  • edited July 2008
    1. No person, living or dead, is as smart as Scott Rubin.
    1a. All persons older than Scott Rubin are not as smart as Scott Rubin.
    1b. All persons younger than Scott Rubin are not as smart as Scott Rubin.
    1c. Exception - only Douglas Rushkoff is smarter than Scott Rubin.

I remember distinctly that Scott once said, "I'm wish I was as smart as that guy." Followed directly by Rym saying, "Scott, you have an intellectual hard-on for Douglas Rushkoff. The same way that I have a creative hard-on for Neil Gaiman."
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • edited July 2008
    2. Scott Rubin may not post an Achievement, or through inaction allow an Achievement to be posted.
    3. Scott Rubin must obey the orders of Brandon DeCoster, except where such orders would conflict with the Second Rule.
    15. Political and economic events that affect the general populace will not affect Scott Rubin.
    26. Scott Rubin has a plan for all of us.
    105. Scott Rubin should stop and smell the roses every once in awhile; for although Scott Rubin is for all purposes immortal, he retains some basic human needs, relaxation being chief among those.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • This conversation has tickled me pink! Pink, I say! ^_^
  • I feel like Chuck Norris.
  • I feel like Chuck Norris.
    Minus the ass kicking abilities.
  • Minus the ass kicking abilities.
    I can kick Chuck's ass, I'm just a pacifist is all.
  • This thread has turned into chaos and lulz.
  • edited July 2008
    Minus the ass kicking abilities.
    I can kick Chuck's ass, I'm just a pacifist is all.
    Why is Wesley Willis' "I Wooped Batman's Ass" now stuck in my head. (If you haven't heard it - or his "music" in general - look it up!)
  • edited July 2008
    Unwritten Rule of Scott Rubin #492:
    The amount of effort put into disagreeing with Scott Rubin is directly proportional to the percent of Scott's correctness on said topic.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Scott Rule 44:
    If it does not contain a naked Greek man, then it is not art.
  • edited July 2008
    Scott Rule 44:
    If it does not contain a naked Greek man, then it is not art.
    Great; now I have to change my approach to art.
    Post edited by Rym on