This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Good hip-hop.

Comments

• edited April 2010

I can't praise Kool Keith aka Black Elvis aka Dr. Octagon aka Dr. Dooom enough. Great if you like good rhythm with spacey, surreal lyrics.
    Post edited by Nukerjsr on
  • edited April 2010
    I can't praise Kool Keith aka Black Elvis aka Dr. Octagon aka Dr. Dooom enough.
    I've never listened to Dr. Octagon that hard, but now I think about it his style is like old school flow (with a dash of Del) meets new school underground music and concepts. I can't really get into it myself, but that's pretty cool.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • Blackalicous' beats blew my brains out, glued them back together with a lyrics like a soldering iron, and force-fed me a slice of humble pie.
    This is my favorite Blackalicious track:

I saw them at the L.A. Tofu Festival (wtf?) a few years back.
  • edited May 2010
    I just listened through all of the Beastie Boys' "Paul's Boutique" after only having heard bits of it before. That album is so fucking excellent. If you haven't listened to it straight through, for some reason, you owe it to yourself to do so. It blows almost everything else I've heard recently out of the water; I can honestly say that I'm not surprised Pitchfork gave it a perfect 10.

Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited May 2010
    It blows almost everything else I've heard recently out of the water; I can honestly say that I'm not surprised Pitchfork gave it a perfect 10.
    I'd probably say the same thing if Curtis Plumb hadn't been blowing my mind for the past week.

Strange Famous signed him pretty recently. He fits in perfectly, I think, with Sage and the gang.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • I am surprised at how much I like the new Kanye West song. It wouldn't be a stretch to say that this is the only Kanye West song I've ever really liked. And the King Crimson sampling is way cool.

• edited July 2010
    I am surprised at how much I like the new Kanye West song. It wouldn't be a stretch to say that this is the only Kanye West song I've ever really liked. And the King Crimson sampling is way cool.
    Seconded - There are only two things that Kanye has produced that are worth listening to. This, And the Rationalist anthem, which is a borrowed beat and melody of kanye's, with new lyrics.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • What Sage Francis album do I get?
  • MURS

sorry I am lame and can not insert video..
    Since when does having a non-working bodypart make it difficult to post videos?
  • Mainly because I am dumb. When I click the insert video button it tells me It must be a youtube video or ect. And that link is a youtube video..
  • You only put the video code into the box. So, for that video, it would be "0zHct_1v_lg". Don't feel dumb, it's not exactly obvious.
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zHct_1v_lg

The "0zHct_1v_lg" comes from the URL.
  • sH10KSAe82w

Yippie! I am groking!
  • Atmostphere is pretty cool too.
  • What Sage Francis album do I get?
    That's a tough question. If I picked all of my favorite Sage Francis songs they'd be pretty spread out, though I suppose the edge goes to Personal Journals. I might not be the best person to answer this question, of course. Since Sage has been the better part of the soundtrack to my life for the past four years, it's hard for me not to recommend getting everything he's ever made. :P
  • edited August 2010
    Could you compile a "best of" and upload it to Mediafire for me, then? :3
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Could you compile a "best of" and upload it to Mediafire for me, then? :3
    I'll happily do that tomorrow, when I have access to my computer.
  • Thank you, sir.
  • MURS
    Atmostphere is pretty cool too.
    Together they form Felt, which is, if you ask me, greater than the sum of it's parts.
  • Ill Bill and Necro
  • OqUmMCb4r-U
  • 7xzU9Qqdqww
  • Could you compile a "best of" and upload it to Mediafire for me, then? :3
    I'll happily do that tomorrow, when I have access to my computer.
    (Reminding you <3)
  • (Reminding you <3)</p>
    Tonight a friend of mine unexpectedly decided to drive to my house, take me out to town, buy me dinner and see a movie with me, so I decided to do that instead. I'm still on it, no worries.
  • Haha, no problem, thanks :)