This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Good hip-hop.

Comments

• (Reminding you <3)</p>
    Tonight a friend of mine unexpectedly decided to drive to my house, take me out to town, buy me dinner and see a movie with me, so I decided to do that instead. I'm still on it, no worries.
    Was she cute?
  • Was she cute?
    He's about five inches taller and a hundred pounds heavier than me.
  • He's about five inches taller and a hundred pounds heavier than me.
    Oh, Sorry, My mistake. Was He cute?
  • Could you compile a "best of" and upload it to Mediafire for me, then? :3
    Shablammo.
    He's about five inches taller and a hundred pounds heavier than me.
    Oh, Sorry, My mistake. Was He cute?
    Not really, no.
  • Luv u 4ever, Gunter.
  • edited September 2010
    So I posted them. But does anyone have an opinion of MURS, Atmosphere, Necro, Ill Bill, MC Chris or Kid Cudi?
    Post edited by KapitänTim on
  • I got one opinion about MURS and Atmosphere.
  • I got one opinion about MURS and Atmosphere.
    Cool story bro
  • And your mother dressed you very well today. the outfit she picked out makes your white middle class upbringing look very "urban"
  • Hey, I dress myself!
  • But she lays out the clothes...
  • But I pick them! (By the way, in England, we have middle class urban dwellers.)
  • In the states "urban" is a polite way of saying black.
    Only among racists.
    Only among racists.
    We have middle class black people.....
  • And yes, you may pick them.. But she told me she lays out four outfits for you. And then she lets you pick your "favourite" outfit for the day. Also she told me you are allowed to pick your knickers and socks.
    Only among racists.
    We have middle class black people.....
    So do we. In fact we have upper class ones as well. My use of urban was to describe hip hop culture. Which by Andrew's avatar photo it seems he is a fan of. Not that there is anything wrong with that. I am a big fan of hip hop.
  • Which by Andrew's avatar photo it seems he is a fan of.
    Ummm wut? It's the Marine from Natural Selction 2...
  • It is a small photo.. Hard to see.
  • edited September 2010
    I don't know how many of you checked this out, but this mixtape is really pretty decent overall.. You should check it out, and not just because of what he samples. He spits some really great lines.

Post edited by Sail on
  • I listened to all of Blazing Arrow last night. Three times.
  • edited September 2010
    I can't belive I didn't post this before - Another Australian artist, Drapht - he's pretty damn good. His flow's tighter than a nun's nasty, good beat, damn clever lyrics.

Also, Pez, with a reasonably accurate portrayal of summer festival season.

And one of their less laidback tracks.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Since I started listening to Triple J, I haven't heard any Aussie hip-hop that I don't like, and that's such a welcome change from what they play on the radio here. And that second song was such a perfect description of when I went to Bonnaroo two years ago. Soooo many good memories, but the festivals cost too much money/are too far away.

Requsite good hip-hop has a really good cover of Where Is My Mind.
  • edited September 2010
    Since I started listening to Triple J, I haven't heard any Aussie hip-hop that Idon'tlike, and that's such a welcome change from what they play on the radio here.
    <3

Another station you might like is <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4ZZZ">4ZZZ(Pronounced "Four-triple Zed") who are based out of Brisbane, and who also have a show called Phat Tape, on every Friday from 8pm till 10pm(AEST) which is all about Australian hip hop.
    And that second song was such a perfect description of when I went toBonnarootwo years ago. Soooo many good memories, but the festivals cost too much money/are too far away.
    Man, that sucks! Just from memory upcoming we have Soundwave, Sunset Sounds, Parklife(always great), caloundra music fesival, no sleep til festival(Oh shit, I have to go to that, I promised the guys from three inches of blood that I'd say hi if they ever came to Australia, Back when I was helping out as a Roadie for my housemate's band, met them at The Cockpit in Leeds, they were playing a gig around the corner, and came down to see some of the local bands, but I digress), Summafieldayze, Good Vibrations 2011, and ValleyFiesta. As well as Falls Festival, Splendour in the grass, Big Day out and Homebake.

Goddamnit, America, Why can't you do these things right? As much as it rules being able to tempt my Foreign mates over here with this sort of thing, it's not cool to deprive them like you do. I know we kinda suck with the convention thing, but this is not a game of trades.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • every Friday from 8pm till 10pm(AEST)
    The time zone difference is a bitch though 8 - 10pm ends up being 6 - 8am, and no very little music is worth that time for me. Triple J's hip-hop show is on in the same time slot on Monday (Tuesday there) before 10 in the morning, and that's just waaaaay to early to be getting up on my day off school.
  • The time zone difference is a bitch though 8 - 10pm ends up being 6 - 8am, andnovery little music is worth that time for me. Triple J's hip-hop show is on in the same time slot on Monday (Tuesday there) before 10 in the morning, and that's just waaaaay to early to be getting up on my day off school.
    Owch. Well, if that fails, there is always their blog, where they update with every song they played on the last show, with a decent enough archive - They're a bit behind on updates, though.
  • I was read in wikki that Hip hop music is a musical genre that developed as part of hip hop culture, and is defined by four key stylistic elements: rapping, DJing/scratching, sampling (or synthesis), and beatboxing.

Term papers writing service
  • After hearing the bluesy tracks on the fourth of Mac Lethal's Love Potion mixtapes, I'm thinking that if he and The Black Keys teamed up for an album they could rule the world. Or at least make some incredibly badass hip-hop

Who's with me?
  • edited October 2010
    Who's with me?
    I am. I want to mash that shit up with Give Your Heart Away.

Mac Lethal is so fucking sick.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited October 2010
    I mostly knew The Gaslamp Killer as a dubstep artist, but I guess he does a lot of hip-hop stuff too? His new EP is pretty good.

I should also mention right now I'm listening to that Gonjasufi album that got a lot of hype earlier in the year, and I guess the greatest compliment I can give it is that I've never heard anything quite like it. I don't know how much I'm going to be revisiting this one, though. I mean, I like it, but like a lot of FlyLo produced stuff, it just doesn't seem like it's going to hold much longevity for me.
    Post edited by Sail on