This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Good hip-hop.

1121314151618»

Comments

• So if your not copping the new A Tribe Called Quest album you are fucking up!

• Andrew said:

Oh shit, missed the new POS

This was pretty great.
    Greg said:

Rag n Bone Man is wild. Not sure if he's hip hop or if its just an influence, but he calls himself hip hop so I'm posting it here.

I really didn't enjoy this, possibly because I expected one thing and got something that is closer to folk type music about wolves and not really my thing.

Lil Dicky was not good.

• edited November 2016
    As far as rap goes I've been getting into grime lately again. It's kinda interesting the type of British rap that comes out because the lyrics (at least the singles) seem to focus a lot more on having better rhymes than others but then they all make songs about having better raps. But there's some solid songs coming out recently. Unfortunately the number of people putting out music seems significantly smaller than the US though. They get some crazy flows going though. I also am just really fascinated with south London slang.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Lately I have been going back and forth between SAMMUS and the gentleman rhymer.
  • edited November 2016
    Reading a few early pages of this thread, I can say with confidence I'm glad that ellipses guy was gone before I ever signed up here.
    Post edited by demoweasel on
  • Reading a few early pages of this thread, I can say with confidence I'm glad that ellipses guy was gone before I ever signed up here.

Haha, I still know that guy. He's a top dude, really. He'd give you the shirt off his back, even as he was making fun of you for not bringing your own shirt.
  • edited November 2016
    Coldguy said:

Lately I have been going back and forth between SAMMUS and the gentleman rhymer.

We talking Mr. B the gentleman rhymer, or my homie Professor Elemental?
    Post edited by Jordan O. on
  • Jordan O. said:

Coldguy said:

Lately I have been going back and forth between SAMMUS and the gentleman rhymer.

We talking Mr. B the gentleman rhymer, or my homie Professor Elemental?
    Mr. b but I also like professor Elemental.
  • What do you all think of Odd Future guys? Earl Sweatshirt and Tyler the Creator?

• They're good. I actually saw Tyler this summer. It was one of the better rap shows I've seen. He's got a good energy on stage.
  • What do you all think of Odd Future guys? Earl Sweatshirt and Tyler the Creator?

I like some of their songs, and I hear they throw a great concert, but Tyler at the very least comes strikes me as one of those edgy-for-the-sake-of-being-edgy kids who never grew out of it.

Churba said:

I like some of their songs, and I hear they throw a great concert, but Tyler at the very least comes strikes me as one of those edgy-for-the-sake-of-being-edgy kids who never grew out of it.

I suspect the same thing of both the Odd Future guys that Churba identifies with Tyler the Creator.
    Could just be not my preference.
    I place more value in interesting topics, using lyrics creatively, consistent rhyming and rhythm and then it has to have a good hook. I have heard a few Tyler songs that were interesting but not something I added to my library immediately.
    For example I don't think Drake is worth listening to while Kendrick Lamar is. (As an example of two artists who started gaining popularity during the same period).
  • sK0pe said:

Lil Dicky was not good.

Have you heard any of his other stuff? Professional Rapper is interesting but not his best song.

• edited November 2016
    Stumbled upon this last night. Action Broson and Tyler the Creator. Just hanging out and watching ancient aliens.

Spoiler: lots of weed being smoked

Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • edited November 2016
    Ikatono said:

sK0pe said:

Lil Dicky was not good.

Have you heard any of his other stuff? Professional Rapper is interesting but not his best song.
    I had a listen, probably just not my personal choice.
    Dazzle369 said:

A Tribe Called Quest - We the People

Can't disagree with this guy, this song was great. I added the new album to my library. Listening to the entire album right now.
    Post edited by sK0pe on
  • Warning: earworm

• Warning: Mothership Reporting

For all the Clipping talk earlier in this thread no mention of their awesome sci-fi concept album?