This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Show Ideas and Reminders

Comments

• thought they'd said they'd never played Harvest Moon, though I suppose there are other games they could talk about.
    I've played it. It was fun, but I quickly recognized what it actually was and stopped.
  • You should do a show about juggling.
    Whatever happened to the episode where you were on the show?
  • Whatever happened to the episode where you were on the show?
    One of them is going up tonight.

We record things in advance.
  • Could you review "Making Comics" by Scott McCloud. It's a comic about making comics; Emily might have a copy.
  • I've read it, but I don't own it.
  • Mageknight, Hero Clicks & DnD Minis v. GW, Warmaching

Plastic V. Pewter Minis Deathmatch!!
  • Mageknight, Hero Clicks & DnD Minis v. GW, Warmaching

Plastic V. Pewter Minis Deathmatch!!
    GW is switching to plastic. None of the new minis coming out these days are pewter.
  • GW is switching to plastic. None of the new minis coming out these days are pewter.
    Are they still charging the same bullshit price?
  • Are they still charging the same bullshit price?
    Pretty much.
  • GW is switching to plastic. None of the new minis coming out these days are pewter.
    I'm not really arguing about what a mini should be made out off, but it seems like their are two type of minis games out their. Cheap prepainted out of a booster box "Plastic" minis and pricey model it yourself "Pewter" minis. I'd be more interested to hear what they have to say about the differences in game mechanics.

The cheap boxed minis play a pretty quick game with only a few rules. The click minis have all the stats on the model.

With GW you need to buy the army, the main book, and the Codex. It's rules heavy and takes FOREVER to set up and play.
  • Could you review "Making Comics" by Scott McCloud. It's a comic about making comics; Emily might have a copy.
    Also, "Understanding Comics" as well.
  • I just got an idea: How not to suck at Resume and Cover Letters. HS and college resumes are shit, but as people in the IT world anything people can do to make it more impressive in your eyes?
  • I just got an idea: How not to suck at Resume and Cover Letters. HS and college resumes are shit, but as people in the IT world anything people can do to make it more impressive in your eyes?
    How to not suck at getting a job covers most of that.
  • HS and college resumes are shit, but as people in the IT world anything people can do to make it more impressive in your eyes?
    Make it in LaTeX.
  • Downloaded games from a client like steam Vs. physical media like disks.
  • HS and college resumes are shit, but as people in the IT world anything people can do to make it more impressive in your eyes?
    Make it in LaTeX.
    What is it with you and LaTeX lately?
  • LaTeX is awesome, that's what.
  • edited November 2010
    After your recent Thursday cop-out, which days do you need ideas for the most?
    Also, saying people can can recommend things to do for shows by joining the forum might be a way to get more people joining.

Further, review the Odoru Daisousassen series.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • LaTeX is awesome, that's what.
    It is how everything should be composed.
  • edited November 2010
    After your recent Thursday cop-out, which days do you need ideas for the most?
    Also, saying people can can recommend things to do for shows by joining the forum might be a way to get more people joining.

Further, review the Odoru Daisousassen series.
    They covered a movie, but not the show, right? The show is better than the movies, but is it really different enough to need a separate review?
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • edited November 2010
    Thursday: WTF is wrong with America parts one and two.
    Anime (Related.): The Taste of Tea.
  • Thursday: How to properly debate, and possibly common logical fallacies.
    It's been done.
    It's been done.
    Then how about nuclear energy for a Monday show?
    Friday - How to practice as one Preaches.
  • edited November 2010
    Thursday - Corrections episode. Get people to send in everything you've got wrong over the last few years.
  • Thursday - Corrections episode. Get people to send in everything you've got wrong over the last few years.
    I've been meaning to use the meta moment for corrections of recent episodes, but I always forget.
  • Well seeing as you got the Dorf wiki up so fast, could you set one up for the show?
  • Well seeing as you got the Dorf wiki up so fast, could you set one up for the show?
    If Scott doesn't want to, I can have one set up on my server in about a minute. Hell, we could set one up on Wikia/Wikidot before the minute's up.
  • I'm working in something better for the show.