This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Show Ideas and Reminders

Comments

• Like that but for nerds who aren't book nerds.
    Here you go.
  • edited December 2010
    Try poking around Good Reads. They have tons of suggestions and should help.
    Post edited by OlympianZeus on
  • Like that but for nerds who aren't book nerds.
    Here you go.
    Hah that is hilarious but actually not too far off of the mark. If you really consider yourself a foreigner to good literature, then perhaps a high school summer reading list would not be a bad place to start. After spending most of high school reading Star Wars expanded universe trash and bitching about the books I was forced to read for class, I woke up one day the summer after my first year in college and just started consuming the typical summer reading books at a rapid pace. They're a lot more enjoyable when you're not forced to read them.
  • GeoGeo
    edited December 2010
    Yes. I'm not going to file sales tax papers or be responsible for shipping/handling/liability for someoneelse'sproduct. Consignment sales is a valid business, but not one I'm interested in the hassle of managing.
    Yeah, Etsy and many other such things exist. You don't need our shit store.
    Well, you can't blame a guy for trying to pitch an idea for something cool.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • edited December 2010
    Also, strange coincidence, we had already decided next Thursday show is Ninja Turtles. Mind reader.
    Other than that, MST3K/Rifftrax would be a good topic, or just doing that on your own with a group of friends.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • I just listened to the The Dark Knight returns episode, and you were saying that you'd do a final thoughts episode of it at some point. Don't think it is really necessary, but I guess it's a podcast episode idea you can stash away for a rainy day.
  • Why is there no Geass episode? ='(
  • Why is there no Geass episode? ='(
    Because Code Geass sucks. :P
  • edited December 2010
    Why is there no Geass episode? ='(
    Because Code Geass sucks. :P
    It has Wakamoto in it! What more do you want?!

Also
    My walls are full of people running on them. Your argument is invalid
    Post edited by Aria on
  • A Donald Duck episode would be good too.
    A Disney episode would be good.
  • Scott's favorite yaoi.
  • Scott's favorite yaoi.
    Hokuto no Ken. That's mine anyway.
    A Disney episode would be good.
    Pssssh, Donal Duck. We all know Ducktales is where it's really at.
  • edited January 2011
    I just hope I'm not the only one whose first thought after reading the word "Ducktales" was "whoo-hoo".
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • I just hope I'm not the only one whose first thought after reading the word "Ducktales" was "whoo-hoo".
    D-d-d-danger lurks behind you!
  • I'd be interested to hear a mini golf show.
  • I just hope I'm not the only one whose first thought after reading the word "Ducktales" was "whoo-hoo".
    There's a stranger out to find you.
    There's a stranger out to find you.
    What to do? Just grab onto some Duck Tales! WHOO-HOO!
  • Do a show where you both share embarrassing sexual anecdotes.
  • I can sum it up for you:
    Scott does not have sex, and Rym is far from embarrassing.
  • More information than I wanted to know about yours and Rym's sex life. Thanks, Emily.
  • I can sum it up for you:
    Scott does not have sex, and Rym is far from embarrassing.
    Even from that I have so many questions I'd like to have answered.
  • More information than I wanted to know about yours and Rym's sex life. Thanks, Emily.
    Hey, all I'm saying is "He's good." No details, ya prude.
  • Actually I'm far more curious about Scott.
  • Actually I'm far more curious about Scott.
    I'm pretty sure that, rather than reproducing, Scott is just going to regenerate to the Second Scott.
  • edited January 2011
    I'm pretty sure that, rather than reproducing, Scott is just going to regenerate to the Second Scott.
    Asexual Cell division is my theory.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • In all seriousness if I could split into a clone of myself I'd marry my clone.
  • In all seriousness if I could split into a clone of myself I'd marry my clone.
    Except you couldn't if you live in America, because you would be both the same gender AND genetic siblings. However, I share your sentiment. Clone me would be my BFF and we'd practice making out, and then we would gang up on my enemies. (This is why the Prestige was dumb, as far as I'm concerned.)
  • I would fuck my clone every single day.