This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Show Ideas and Reminders

Comments

• Poetry: As Read By Rym and Scott. Just two hours of Rym and Scott taking turns reading poetry in such a manner that suggests homoeroticism.

Or how about The Matrix?
  • Would not mind an episode devoted to that at all.
    I'll summarize (from my own experiences and research, skipping things that did not appear to affect me):

Short-term caffeine benefits include:

1. Increased alertness
    2. Increased ability to defer sleep
    3. Enhanced ability in focused tasks and memory recall
    4. Increased muscle strength and muscle energy recovery

Moderate use has negligible side effects, other than a possible decrease in long-term memory storage function (coupled with a possible increase in long and short-term memory recall function).

Excessive use detriments include:

1. Restlessness
    2. Irritability
    3. Heartburn
    4. Rapid heartbeat
    5. Physical dependence

Withdrawal takes up to a week, with symptoms peaking at about the 48 hour mark. They include:

1. Headache
    2. Muscle stiffness
    3. Extreme fatigue
    4. Difficulty concentrating
  • Geeky music/Music you like
  • The Games Promised In Our Early Days: Having just played Pokemon and such when you were kids, how did you expect games would have turned out in the next few generations.
  • Having just played Pokemon and such when you were kids, how did you expect games would have turned out in the next few generations.
    By the time Pokemon came out (1998), I had already been playing Quake 2 deathmatches online, having been gaming extensively for the decade and a half prior.

When I was a "kid," I was playing Burgertime and Frogger, later games like Mario. When Pokemon appeared, I was in high school.
  • An episode in Nine's honor. It can't be about Nine, of course, since that would be too meta.
  • GeoGeo
    edited October 2010
    An episode in Nine's honor. It can't be about Nine, of course, since that would be too meta.
    I think a better episode idea is a show about trolls, infamous trolls that either Rym or Scott have encountered independent of the forums, and why trolls troll?
    Post edited by Geo on
  • An episode in Nine's honor. It can't be about Nine, of course, since that would be too meta.
    I think a better episode idea is a show about trolls, infamous trolls that either Rym or Scott have encountered independent of the forums, and why trolls troll?
    Sure, that would be okay if it hasn't been covered. It could be dedicated to Nine anyway, though ^_~
    Sure, that would be okay if it hasn't been covered. It could be dedicated to Nine anyway, though ^_~
    But it might infringe upon their policy of staying away from meta.
  • You can have a little meta sometimes. By dedication I only mean a single sentence saying the episode was for Nine; that's a lot less meta than is typical anyway.
  • I like meta =3
  • You can have a little meta sometimes. By dedication I only mean a single sentence saying the episode was for Nine; that's a lot less meta than is typical anyway.
    "This episode is dedicated to Nineless And Omnutia." Followed by an episode all about yaoi, Focusing on Foe-yay Yaoi.
  • edited October 2010
    That said, I thought Hiyori was pretty funny.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Combine Hiyori and Patty together and you have Emi the Lucky Star character.
  • Now that Nine is dead will Omnutia find solace in the arms of another man!? Next time on Forum-Yay
  • edited October 2010
    @Emi: I wouldn't have said you were that much of a weaboo.

@Viga: Thank The Wind Fish I decided against making a podcast.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • 25 year of NES Games.
  • I have definitely not been through all the archives, but tech marches on, so there's always new stuff: I'd like to hear a show about the meta elements of tabletop gaming. I mean, y'all talk a lot about game theory and design and which games are good to play, but I'm always in the market for good ideas about how to play.

I mean - what makes a Burning Wheel game run smoothly? Do you like GM's screens? Is the iPad actually useful at a game table or is it just as dumb there as everywhere else? Are battle maps awesome or do they keep players from using imagination? Do you prefer Mountain Dew or Red Bull? Which is the better value: the Legend of Drizzt D&D minis pack, Orcus, or the Colossal Red Dragon?

Note: some of those questions may be trollin'.

Maybe a little bit about adding on to games, too - not house rules, exactly, but little extra flourishes, or maybe extra elements on top of games, like stealing the social combat maps from Diaspora to use as visual representations of social situations in other games.

I suppose I might be the only person who cares, though. I'm running a game soon after several years of hardly playing tabletop rpgs at all and I'm just thinkin' about it all the time.
  • 25 year of NES Games.
    I am as old as NES games. As my NES too!
  • Minecraft!!!
  • Minecraft!!!
    Thinking that would work once it has hit beta be a better episode all around and can add the unrealized potential on the game on top of it.
  • (Random) Favorite Recipes
    They'll never do a food show.
    They've declared this? Huh.

Maybe just favorite foods?
    They've declared this? Huh.

Maybe just favorite foods?
    They won't do food episodes is because...for a time, almost every request was for food or something related to it and they got rather annoyed by it.
  • You should do a show about juggling.
  • I am not sure if this was done on a specific episode or not, but a how to run convention episode. I know you have mentioned in various times in the past when talking about other conventions but to take all the ideas and have it in one discussion saying who does what the best and then saying if you did X,Y,Z you would totally kick ass.
  • I am not sure if this was done on a specific episode or not, but a how to run convention episode. I know you have mentioned in various times in the past when talking about other conventions but to take all the ideas and have it in one discussion saying who does what the best and then saying if you did X,Y,Z you would totally kick ass.
    We've been discussing doing this again with the current state of conventions. PAX is really the only major con left that's doing things mostly right.
  • Addicting Video Games
  • I thought they'd said they'd never played Harvest Moon, though I suppose there are other games they could talk about.