This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• I don't know if this was a joke or not, but it's actually a serious issue that pisses me off.
    It was a joke born from the outrageously serious responses made by Kate Monster to jokes on the forum (ruining them basically), whilst also nudging at my opinion on stupid double standards. Fuck them, as you've basically stated in your posts on this matter.

It also didn't help that I rewatched George Carlin's skit On Religion some days before making that post.
    Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

But He loves you.
  • edited October 2009
    This is the friend whose sister was beaten up and kicked out? Awesome that he's standing up to his parents and standing up for her.
    Yep. They're twins. Let's just say they are like Kaoru and Hikaru, only less wealthy and obsessive (and they don't pretend to be an item, either).
    Post edited by Diagoras on
  • Let's just say they are like Kaoru and Hikaru
    I don't know who that is. Sometimes I feel like I don't belong here. :(
  • edited October 2009
    Let's just say they are like Kaoru and Hikaru
    I don't know who that is. Sometimes I feel like I don't belong here. :(
    Sorry, Ouran reference. To put it another way, they have been close friends their entire lives, mainly due to their days in home school (fortunately, it was not the religious type). They rarely found other friends. As a result, even when they could make friends, they pretty much kept to themselves.

By the way, you do belong here. I'm the one in the wrong here. ;) I should have taken another tack to begin with.
    Post edited by Diagoras on
  • By the way, you do belong here. I'm the one in the wrong here.
    I was kidding. :) But there are a lot of anime and japanese-culture references around here that go right over my head. I'm sure that reference would've made perfect sense to 95% of the forum.
  • edited October 2009
    By the way, you do belong here. I'm the one in the wrong here.
    I was kidding. :) But there are a lot of anime and japanese-culture references around here that go right over my head. I'm sure that reference would've made perfect sense to 95% of the forum.
    I am in that 5% with you. If it has come out since Cowboy Bebop, there is a very good chance I haven't even heard of it.
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • I just spilled tea all over my keyboard, my desk and myself.
  • I just spilled tea all over my keyboard, my desk and myself.
    That sucks. I ruined one of my favorite t-shirts last week the same way.
  • Slept in an hour this morning? Yup. Got a flight this morning? Yup. Nothing to do with clocks going back? Nope, I just slept in. Taxi? Yup! 
  • TV Tropes has just hijacked the last 2 hours of my life. Damn you, XKCD!
  • Overnight, some horrid form of gastroenteritis reared its head in my bowels. I've been curled in bed since 2AM last night, except for when I wander to the bathroom to blargle like a little kid.
  • Overnight, some horrid form of gastroenteritis reared its head in my bowels. I've been curled in bed since 2AM last night, except for when I wander to the bathroom to blargle like a little kid.
    Hope you feel better man.
    Ugh, hang in there! Don't die from dehydration. We would all sadface.
  • Ugh, hang in there! Don't die from dehydration. We would all sadface.
    Thanks. My stomach has calmed down, so I'm tossing about the idea of heading to my mock exam for chem. However, I'm still really dizzy, so I might just stay home and drink Gatorade.
  • Fail of the day is me feeling emo.
  • I have progressed into migraines. This sucks; I'm going to skip my first two lectures tomorrow. Goddamnit.
  • This makes me really just not want to like Legend of Zelda anymore.

• This makes me really just not want to like Legend of Zelda anymore.
    Tha't's how I've been feeling for about a 4 days now.
  • Fail of my day/night: Being at work at midnight because I forgot to bring home my notebook which I need for off-site training tomorrow morning. Figured I should post something while I'm here. Damn me and my rotten memory.
  • My bowl of hash browns came out more as a bowl of potato mush.
  • Development domain is acting strange today.
    Cut them into squares, pan fry and let them get crispy. I made this mistake when I first made them.
  • edited October 2009
    My bowl of hash browns came out more as a bowl of potato mush.
    You just need the right tools and salt to extract as much moisture as you can before cooking.
    Post edited by MrRoboto on
    Cut them into squares, pan fry and let them get crispy. I made this mistake when I first made them.
    Yeah, that's how I made them the first time and they were good. I shredded them today on a cheese grater and used too much oil. Massive surface area + too much oil = mush.
  • Locked Keys in Car. At least my brother will visit and we can eat, so it isn't a total waste. Still, it's what happens when you take out stinky garbage no one else THINKS about taking out.
  • If you shred potatoes, it's best to make them into a potato pancake sort of thing. I recommend using cast iron for making hash browns, and don't be afraid to really let them brown. Potatoes can stand up to a fair bit of heat, and they need a fair amount of cooking time to crisp up.
  • Locked Keys in Car.
    Oooh. I have a new geek fable which I don't believe we ever shared on the show. It involves someone locking my keys in my running car, already parked illegally in a handicapped space and almost out of gas late at night... ^_~
  • edited October 2009
    Locked Keys in Car. At least my brother will visit and we can eat, so it isn't a total waste. Still, it's what happens when you take out stinky garbage no one else THINKS about taking out.
    Do you have AAA or another roadside service?
    I used to lock my keys in my car all the time when I first started driving. It was never a big problem because I have AAA. For this reason and many others, AAA is well worth their reasonable yearly fee. I can use it for any vehicle (whether I own it or not) so long as I am with them to present my card.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • RymRym
    edited October 2009
    I just carry one of these:

Of course, I screwed up the passenger door to my old Laser the first time I tried to use one. A friend of mine let me practice on his junker cars until I got it down. I also wouldn't try it on a really new car, as I'm entirely ignorant as to whether or not these things still work on them.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • edited October 2009
    If you shred potatoes, it's best to make them into a potato pancake sort of thing. I recommend using cast iron for making hash browns, and don't be afraid to really let them brown. Potatoes can stand up to a fair bit of heat, and they need a fair amount of cooking time to crisp up.
    I still believe that the key is properly dry potatoes, makes quicker, crispier and less greasy hash-brown.
    Of course, I screwed up the passenger door to my old Laser the first time I tried to use one. A friend of mine let me practice on his junker cars until I got it down. I also wouldn't try it on a really new car, as I'm entirely ignorant as to whether or not these things still work on them.
    I just keep an extra key on my house key keyring.
    Post edited by MrRoboto on