This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• Absolute facepalm today. Some time ago my favorite hockey team, the Philadelphia Flyers, waived Randy Jones, a very replaceable player with too much of a salary. Essentially it was a dump to make room under the cap. Nobody claimed him, so they sent him to the farm team. Salary off the books, everybody's happy (except for Jones of course).

Now we suffered some injuries, and actually the big one is to a forward. So what does General Manager Paul Holmgren? Call Jones back up who automatically goes on re-entry waivers. He now got claimed by the LA Kings which now has the Flyers stuck without Jones but half his salary on an already cap-strapped team. Pure fucking genius.
    Do you live in Philly?
  • After only a couple months of semi-frequent use (meaning I usually only visit four days a week), I'm already having dreams about visiting this forum. WTF? Subconscious fail.
    I had a dream about making a copy of my apartment and office keys and updating Chromium. Dreams don't mean shit.
  • one person that their eyebrows are weird
    I really don't see how my eyebrows are weird. They are actually very normal.
  • Do you live in Philly?
    No, I live in Austria.
  • Just realized the world series has already begun. I'm so unaware of sports.
  • Ugh. I just got annihilated by a chem midterm. 75% at worst with the curve...My homework points will make up for the shortcoming, but still. I will need to kick tremendous ass on the next midterm and the final to round this out and make a grab for the A.
  • Practicing some stick forms in my front yard today for exercise - and because it was a nice day outside - I got distracted, lost control of it, and smacked myself in the face really hard. Nobody else saw, but I still felt stupid - in a stroke of luck, though, I don't bruise easy, though my face is still quite sore.
  • Practicing some stick forms in my front yard today for exercise - and because it was a nice day outside - I got distracted, lost control of it, and smacked myself in the facereallyhard. Nobody else saw, but I still felt stupid - in a stroke of luck, though, I don't bruise easy, though my face is still quite sore.
    Ow, fuck. That sucks. One of my partners in class did that once...she couldn't quite understand what was going on with the stick, and I was attempting to help her. She bounced when she should have followed through, and bam...there went my cheek. Luckily she wasn't swinging terribly hard yet.
  • edited October 2009
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Ow, fuck. That sucks. One of my partners in class did that once...she couldn't quite understand what was going on with the stick, and I was attempting to help her. She bounced when she should have followed through, and bam...there went my cheek. Luckily she wasn't swinging terribly hard yet.
    I did a similar Zigged-when-I-should-have-zagged - I meant to bring the stick up and left before swinging down, and striking upward, but I saw someone walking past out of the corner of my eye, and instead of putting my head right, I turned it to the left, and SMACK, right across my right cheek.
  • Joe Jackson: Michael worth more dead than alive.What a spectacularly evil motherfucker this guy is.
    edited October 2009
    I did a similar Zigged-when-I-should-have-zagged - I meant to bring the stick up and left before swinging down, and striking upward, but I saw someone walking past out of the corner of my eye, and instead of putting my head right, I turned it to the left, and SMACK, right across my right cheek.
    Did you then turn your other cheek?
    Post edited by ... on
  • edited October 2009
    I did a similar Zigged-when-I-should-have-zagged
    That makes me think of incorrect splaying in a splay tree.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Allergies kicked in today. Ugh.
  • Got an email from the Postmaster inviting all employees to the H1N1 Lunch & Learn today. Not a very appealing name for an event.
  • Oh, how lame. What's there to learn about? You can find out the symptoms if you are curious at the health department website. It's the flu, people! Get over it!
  • I find it a bit strange that they're gathering people together and providing them with food to tell them about an infectious disease which is spread by touching things and then bringing them to your mouth.
  • edited October 2009
    I saw a news story this morning that was about parents in N.Y. state not getting H1N1 shots for their kids because of fears of autism.

Bonus fail was the mother of a child who was autistic saying she would not get her child vaccinated because of her concerns.
    YOUR KID IS ALREADY AUTISTIC. THEY CAN NOT GET DOUBLE-AUTISM. IN FACT, THEY'RE PROBABLY NOT AUTISTIC, ONLY AS STUPID AS YOU ARE.

/righteous fury
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • I find it a bit strange that they're gathering people together and providing them with food to tell them about an infectious disease which is spread by touching things and then bringing them to your mouth.
    Show up sneezing and coughing. -Picture of that kid- Eat all the food.
  • edited October 2009
    This man is ready for the zombie apocalypse.

Post edited by George Patches on
  • Boxee is being immensely difficult to set up.
  • The Black Mage hat I was making for Jed sucks.
  • Eating ramen for breakfast at 4am, a sign my life took a wrong turn somewhere.
  • Eating ramen for breakfast at 4am, a sign my life took a wrong turn somewhere.
    What is it about Ramen that signifies the peak of an eater's emotion?
  • edited October 2009
    What is it about Ramen that signifies the peak of an eater's emotion?
    It's likely that it was instant ramen. With that much sodium and MSG and powdered cancer in my breakfast, I'd weep as well. Legitimate, homemade ramen would probably be a-OK.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Waking up and still being drunk is fun.
  • Today I woke up under the assumption that everyone had left the house for the next few hours. I proceeded to yell and sing a lot (as I do when I'm entirely alone), often in funny voices with plenty of foul language, only to see my dad walking blearily out of his room about thirty minutes into all of this. I'm feeling rather sheepish, though thankful that it happens to be the parental figure who doesn't give a damn.
  • My supposedly stainless steel knives have rusted a bit when I left them in water over night. Now I know I shouldn't have left them there, but they also shouldn't have rusted. German steel my ass, this has to be cheap chinese shit. Fail Calphalon, fail.
  • edited October 2009
    My supposedly stainless steel knives have rusted a bit when I left them in water over night. Now I know I shouldn't have left them there, but they also shouldn't have rusted. German steel my ass, this has to be cheap chinese shit. Fail Calphalon, fail.
    That's ridiculous. Stainless steel isn't meant to handle an underwater environment. It requires exposure to oxygen to form and keep the passivation layer...
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • My supposedly stainless steel knives have rusted a bit when I left them in water over night. Now I know I shouldn't have left them there, but they also shouldn't have rusted. German steel my ass, this has to be cheap chinese shit. Fail Calphalon, fail.
    That's ridiculous. Stainless steel isn't meant to handle an underwater environment. It requires exposure to oxygen to form and keep the passivation layer...
    I've never had any stainless cookware rust when exposed to water for an extended period of time. Also it's localized in small spots which makes me think the steel is not of uniform quality.