This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• you'll get a shooting pain coursing through some random part of your body for no apparent reason.
    I'm happy that I'm still young enough to where I can usually pinpoint a prior cause for any odd pains. The day I have unexplained pain is the day I will officially consider myself old.
  • you'll get a shooting pain coursing through some random part of your body for no apparent reason.
    I'm happy that I'm still young enough to where I can usually pinpoint a prior cause for any odd pains. The day I have unexplained pain is the day I will officially consider myself old.
    I'm younger than Rym, and I have been having random unexplained pains for years. I've seen several doctors about them, and they can never offer me an explanation. I am not looking forward to getting older.
    I'm younger than Rym, and I have been having random unexplained pains for years. I've seen several doctors about them, and they can never offer me an explanation. I am not looking forward to getting older.
    You have nerves and pain receptor. Yay! I figured it out! ^_~
    In all seriousness, I hope that you get a diagnosis, treatment, and cure soon.
  • You have nerves and pain receptor. Yay! I figured it out! ^_~
    lol. Thanks, but probably never going to happen. My mom was eventually diagnosed with Fibromyalgia because her nerves and pain receptors are pretty screwed up and they can't find any other contributing cause. I'm betting that my problems are early stages of whatever she's got. Every doctor I have seen is baffled.

I also sneeze a lot. Perhaps I have a tumorous brain, and the tumors are pressing on random parts of it!
  • Or nose tumors?
    *Arnold Voice* "Eet's Nottah Toomah!"
  • edited November 2009
    You have nerves and pain receptor. Yay! I figured it out! ^_~
    lol. Thanks, but probably never going to happen. My mom was eventually diagnosed with Fibromyalgia because her nerves and pain receptors are pretty screwed up and they can't find any other contributing cause. I'm betting that my problems are early stages of whatever she's got. Every doctor I have seen is baffled.

I also sneeze a lot. Perhaps I have a tumorous brain, and the tumors are pressing on random parts of it!
    There could be lots of fucked up things going on. A coworker of mine has a young son (he's 3) who was thought to have either ADHD or some form of autism. He hadn't been speaking at all, and that's intensely unusual by age 3. You know what worked? A gluten-free diet. Whatever is happening to cause his delayed speech is somehow linked to gluten in the diet. Now that he's been gluten-free for a month, he's started speaking in 3 different languages (mother is American, father is Algerian, daycare is run by Spanish people). I've actually witnessed this firsthand. The human body is a complicated thing, and when it goes wrong, the cause can be extremely obscure.

The problem with random pains is that they're generally impossible to pin down. They could be the result of 6 different stimuli, and they could all be small things that you wouldn't normally think to note. There may not even be a pathology. There may be nothing to "cure," and you may just randomly hurt for reasons that are too minute to reasonably determine.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Pete: That's an incredibly common symptom in children with gluten-intolerance. It can fuck you up. Most of the parents I know with gluten-intolerance feed their kids GF diets out of caution.
  • edited November 2009
    Pete: That's an incredibly common symptom in children with gluten-intolerance. It can fuck you up. Most of the parents I know with gluten-intolerance feed their kids GF diets out of caution.
    Fo ril? I honestly had never heard that until she was talking about it with me. She also has MS, and her mother has celiac disease, so auto-immune stuff seems to run in her family.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • edited November 2009
    I was just trading Pokemon with Li when he suddenly disconnected. As a result, my Kyogre was erased from existence and replaced with a clone of his level 1 Horsea. It's no fault of his, though.
    Post edited by Diddgery on
  • I was just trading Pokemon with Li when he suddenly disconnected. As a result, my Kyogre was erased from existence and replaced with a clone of his level 1 Horsea. It's no fault of his, though.
    My roommate's DS uses my Internet Sharing and my ISP number and he tried to sign into the GTS. I didn't even get the data for the Kyogre, either.
  • Perhaps I should explain before I get to my fail. The family friend who outed me has a boyfriend who lives with us. He has been with us for a while. They dated for a time, split, got back together, and got married two months ago. They've had a falling out, and they are getting a divorce (both are around 20, a bad time to get married).

An hour ago, my mother came running with him to the car to go to the emergency room. He attempted suicide with potassium pills. This is speculation, but his ex spread dirt about him at their community college. This may have been a factor. I just don't know how to react. Shock? Anger? Tears?
  • All three. Your family has so much fail. I'm sorry if you take offense to that, though based on your previous comments I doubt it.
  • edited November 2009
    Diagoras, that has a HSQ of a billion. All three is probably valid.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I would personally go for inappropriate humour but, it's up to you.
  • edited November 2009
    I would personally go for inappropriate humour but, it's up to you.
    I could use a little of that now. :'-(
    Post edited by Diagoras on
  • Woke up an hour and a half early from back pain. I can't go back to sleep. I predict a long day ahead of me.
    That happened to me for months until I got a better desk chair. I know you said you think it's the mattress, but if that doesn't work, investigate a better chair.
  • edited November 2009
    The fail of my day is that I can't even tell if I've been parodied in the most recent forum game. I note two or three possibilities, though.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • I can no longer draw boobs of any notable size.. It took me so long to learn.
  • I can't even tell if I've been parodied in the most recent Forum Game.
    I personally do not think it a fail to be excluded. But not recognizing it if I was included... could be.
  • edited November 2009
    I can't even tell if I've been parodied in the most recent Forum Game.
    I personally do not think it a fail to be excluded. But not recognizing it if I was included... could be.
    No, both most certainly qualify as fail. The first is an indicator of insignificance, the second of obtuseness.
    No, both most certainly qualify as fail. The first is an indicator of insignificance, the second of obtuseness.
    The first could also mean all of your posts are so well-written and personable that there is nothing to parody.
  • edited November 2009
    The first could also mean all of your posts are so well-written and personable that there is nothing to parody.
    Since that's clearly not the case for me, I had best go looking for other alternative explanations to preserve my self-esteem. Incidentally, I, at least, can come up with at least one posting characteristic that would single me out.
    So true. The parody(ies?) of me was/were funny because they showed all of my fail types of posts. loltsundere summed up my numerous fail styles in one post, and it was so, so epic. I laughed.
  • edited November 2009
    So true. The parody(ies?) of me was/were funny because they showed all of my fail types of posts. loltsundere summed up my numerous fail styles in one post, and it was so, so epic. I laughed.
    The quote pyramid (ziggurat?) quickly developing means that you've already been parodied in the past...
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • The quote pyramid (ziggurat?) quickly developing means that you've already been parodied in the past...
    That barely counts.
  • edited November 2009
    The mother of one of my best friends is attempting to argue with me on Facebook. She has yet to actually refute my point, but has brought up hate crimes (outside the scope), the difference between oppression of blacks and oppression of gays (WTF?), anecdotes (not data), religious beliefs (not relevant to state matters), and called my analogy false (while proving that she did not understand the analogy at all). She also does not seem to understand what a paragraph break is (and maybe the concept of a paragraph itself). It's really hard to debate with someone who doesn't understand how to actually respond to a specific point.

ARGH.
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • edited November 2009
    The fail of my day is that I can't even tell if I've been parodied in the most recentforum game. I note two or three possibilities, though.
    Don't worry about it. Myself? Well I'm pretty much unparodyable 'cuz I'm too awesome. :P
    Post edited by Viga on
  • anecdotes (not data)
    Was it Evan who had that awesome quote? "The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data.'"
  • anecdotes (not data)
    Was it Evan who had that awesome quote? "The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data.'"
    I don't remember, but I have used it many times today in a shrill, almost hysterical voice as I commiserate with Moe about stupid people.
  • My high school anime club is full of a lot of annoying people. One person only suggests that we watch Naruto, whereas the others have no suggestions and only complaints. I leave a DVD for them to watch on the computer because I had and appointment and couldn't make it, only for the school computers to not have the right codecs to play the video. Then, angry at me for "making" them watch stuff, they say they're going to rebel against me.