This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of Your Day

Comments

• Don't worry about it. Myself? Well I'm pretty much unparodyable 'cuz I'm too awesome. :P
    Yeah, no. I parodied you. It was the "can't stop laughing from the thing posted above" post.
  • I leave a DVD for them to watch on the computer because I had and appointment and couldn't make it, only for the school computers to not have the right codecs to play the video.
    Can you install stuff on those computers? If so, install a proper media player - probably CCCP w/ MPC-HC. If not, can you run a portable media player executable that doesn't require installation? If so, get a portable media player application that doesn't suck - probably Mplayer (though something else might be better for DVDs). Kinda sucks if you can't even run an executable, though.
  • I leave a DVD for them to watch on the computer because I had and appointment and couldn't make it, only for the school computers to not have the right codecs to play the video.
    Can you install stuff on those computers? If so, install a proper media player - probably CCCP w/ MPC-HC. If not, can you run a portable media player executable that doesn't require installation? If so, get a portable media player application that doesn't suck - probably Mplayer (though something else might be better for DVDs). Kinda sucks if you can't even run an executable, though.
    I might be able to. But also note that I don't have my own DVD burner. I was lucky that my mom burned this at her job, and it was sorta a one-time deal. I'm gonna figure out what media player they tried to open the file, and then convert it for a second time to a format that works under an un-updated version of that media player.
    Unfortunately, I can't install anything onto the school computers, I don't think...
  • Don't worry about it. Myself? Well I'm pretty much unparodyable 'cuz I'm too awesome. :P
    Yeah, no. I parodied you. It was the "can't stop laughing from the thing posted above" post.
    Well got damn. Looks like I fail at being super awesome. :P
  • Was it Evan who had that awesome quote? "The plural of 'anecdote' is not 'data.'"
    That was Evan.
  • The first could also mean all of your posts are so well-written and personable that there is nothing to parody.
    Replace "well-written and personable" with "lurking and mild" and you have me. I can't imagine how someone would parody my forum personality (and yes, you make take that as a challenge).

The fail of my day is my god damn toes. I have no clue what I did to them but whenever I walk the second and third toe on my right foot smart like a motherfucker. Foot injuries are always the most aggravating, I find.
  • GeoGeo
    edited November 2009
    I hate you all. And here I thought I was changing for the better, I was starting to take things in stride, but thanks for ruining my night, each and every one of you who did what they did in that thread. I won't take this as a joke, because it isn't fair and I guess I've been made the official punching bag of the forums. There's a fine line between a joke and just ganging up on someone, and the line of the latter is miles away.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • I hate you all.
    And here I thought I was changing for the better, I was starting to take things in stride, but thanks for ruining my night, each and every one of you who did what they did in that thread. I won't take this as a joke, because it isn't fair and I guess I've been made the official punching bag of the forums. There's a fine line between a joke and just ganging up on someone, and the line of the latter is miles away.
    Your reaction is almost completely unsurprising.
  • GeoGeo
    edited November 2009
    I hate you all.
    And here I thought I was changing for the better, I was starting to take things in stride, but thanks for ruining my night, each and every one of you who did what they did in that thread. I won't take this as a joke, because it isn't fair and I guess I've been made the official punching bag of the forums. There's a fine line between a joke and just ganging up on someone, and the line of the latter is miles away.
    Your reaction is almost completely unsurprising.
    My question is why must I be picked on? Is there something everyone has to say to me? If you have to say something, say it now.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • And here I thought I was changing for the better, I was starting to take things in stride, but thanks for ruining my night, each and every one of you who did what they did in that thread. I won't take this as a joke, because it isn't fair and I guess I've been made the official punching bag of the forums.
    Wrong thread, to say something mean you have to go to the "Say something mean about the poster above you" thread.
  • GeoGeo
    edited November 2009
    Didn't anyone read my post in the booh-yah thread?
    Post edited by Geo on
  • edited November 2009
    Yupa, the thread was meant for fun and you shouldn't get bend out of shape over it. Shouldn't this be a hilarious completment. Learn to laugh at yourself and while you do it others now and then.

I really think you are being needlessly angry. No one is trying to really hurt you. Grow a thick skin before college, man.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • Yeah, I was going to congratulate you, too.

Blue is the anti-sarcasm.
  • GeoGeo
    edited November 2009
    Well maybe I would have laughed at myself, had I not been in the euphoria that I was before reading that thread!
    Post edited by Geo on
  • My question is why must I be picked on? Is there something everyone has to say to me? If you have to say something, say it now.
    You let too many things get to you. You're in high school, you should be able to handle a little ribbing. Nuri got me good, I got her one back, that's the way this shit goes.
    Didn't anyone read my post in thebooh-yah thread?
    Yeah, why are you letting the internet spoil your night?
  • edited November 2009
    Didn't anyone read my post in thebooh-yah thread?
    Honestly, I was meaning to write a post about how I always loved theater production and how it's a great thing to be a part of and that's great that it went well and all that, but wow. I suppose I should be asking you why you didn't sympathize with me getting evacuated because my window was about five feet away from a humongous blaze last night, because that's what you're demanding of me.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited November 2009
    Why not now? What stopped you?
    Your kneejerk, no-fun reaction, of course! Congratulations, as it were. I know running a play is difficult, so great job. I ran a 60-member improvisation Megatroupe of sorts last year, so believe me, I know what that's like.
    I really think you are being needlessly angry. No one is trying to really hurt you. Grow a thick skin before college, man.
    This. College is going to ruin you if you can't roll with the punches, man.
    No one acknowledged me getting evacuated from my house last night because of a humongous blaze that was five feet from my window, but I don't go around demanding it.
    Hardcore. Here in Champaign, we just have flooding.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • No one acknowledged me getting evacuated from my house last night because of a humongous blaze that was five feet from my window, but I don't go around demanding it.
    Dude, if your post had included the words "humongous blaze five feet from my window", I would've acknowledged it!
  • That is an extremely low blow dude.
    See above; I actually did congratulate you.
  • No one acknowledged me getting evacuated from my house last night because of a humongous blaze that was five feet from my window, but I don't go around demanding it.
    Dude, if your post had included the words "humongous blaze five feet from my window", I would've acknowledged it!
    It was 2:30 am when I wrote it XD
  • My question is why must I be picked on? Is there something everyone has to say to me? If you have to say something, say it now.
    You let too many things get to you.
    Indeed. You take pretty much everything as a personal affront, and it is precisely this attitude that has made you one of the prime targets of the parody thread.
  • The mother of one of my best friends is attempting to argue with me on Facebook. She has yet to actually refute my point, but has brought up hate crimes (outside the scope), the difference between oppression of blacks and oppression of gays (WTF?), anecdotes (not data), religious beliefs (not relevant to state matters), and called my analogy false (while proving that she did not understand the analogy at all). She also does not seem to understand what a paragraph break is (and maybe the concept of a paragraph itself). It's really hard to debate with someone who doesn't understand how to actually respond to a specific point.

ARGH.
    Good luck, I looked at that wall of text with no paragraphs and it made my brain hurt.
  • The activity level and number of people online on this forum is highest when the subject matter focuses on making fun of and/or insulting the other members. LOL.
  • All three. Your family has so much fail. I'm sorry if you take offense to that, though based on your previous comments I doubt it.
    Diagoras, that has a HSQ of a billion. All three is probably valid.
    At least there's some good news today. The kid's alright. He's staying with his father for a few days, and the hospital said that he was well enough to come home. Not good enough for me, but at least his father will keep an on him.
  • The activity level and number of people online on this forum is highest when the subject matter focuses on making fun of and/or insulting the other members. LOL.
    Obvious statement.
  • I can not keep up with the pace at which the "mean" thread moves. I give up.

Other fail, I made an awesome breakfast that I wanted to show everyone, but before I could take a picture I ated it.
  • Well maybe I would have laughed at myself, had I not been in the euphoria that I was before reading that thread!
    It was well intentioned ribbing. Sorry if it seemed like people were ganging up on you, but you should know that it was meant in good fun.
    This is a word of advice that you can take or leave: If you can't take the joke, then you become the joke. Sorry, but it is a fact of life. Instead of getting upset, get even. Punch back and pick on us, that is the point of the thread.
  • Must...stop...refreshing...forum...and...do...work...
    ditto